I remember when

Tools    

I remember...

...riding on the attached car seat to my daddy's bike on the beach, and then riding back to my neighborhood two blocks away and sharing a piece of gum with my friend

...watching 'Anne of Green Gables' when I was three

...singing along to Amy Grant (I still have and listen to the 'Heart in Motion' CD) when I was four

...the principal walking into my first grade classroom to tell me that I had to go home because my brother was sick, and then spending all afternoon waiting in the kitchen finger painting with a lady I didn't know from church

...the first conversation I had with my best friend, exactly down to what we were both wearing

...getting a paper cut in Yosemite

...helping my brother's nurse administer his chemo, I used to prep up the work for her and lay out the needles

...getting my first library card

Some of those are quite odd memories for me, and it's sort of weird for me to say remember when it seems like I have only lived for a blink of an eye, perhaps I am just paranoid about growing up. I turn 16 in 6 months exactly and it seems like such a deciding and momentous number.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

i remember when i was sixteen..for my birthday we all went to see camelot....

have a great birthday....and hope that you remember your sixteenth with fond memories....

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by CrazyforMovies
I remember being pregnant with all my kids!
I remember that one as well. And oddly enough, I still remember what it felt like to breast feed...and the pain I felt when I went out one evening for a nice date with my hubby....by the time I got home they were rock hard.

Recently I've noticed some ads on TV for an Evil Knevil movie. I remember when he made that infamous jump over the Grand Canyon in 1975. I was only 15 and my brother and I were glued to the TV. Knevil seemed so cooool back then.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
I remember kissing my first girlfriend underneath a bridge (french) and thinking her mouth tasted like Cheerios!
You kissed under a French bridge? Isn't that immoral?

I remember talking during my first kiss. Well, mainly i remember my mate saying 'how can you talk while you're kissing?' and me saying 'dunno' (not that romantic i guess, but we were all having fun ).

I remember running around naked on a beach with my sis in Australia, aged about 5, and everyone thought we were nuts coz it was winter there.

I remember the shuttle disaster, and thinking that it couldn't be real, coz that sort of thing doesn't happen, and flicking channels, but it was still there every time i flicked back. I remember the families' shocked faces.

I remember remembering a time when i was chewing a wooden fish in a bath aged about 12 months, and having my photo taken, and i smiled coz my ma's face meant 'goodness' to me. (or that's the word i used when i was remembering this when i was about 6.)

I remember getting properly drunk for the first time, and doing my god-awful hilly paper round the next day during my first i'll-never-drink-again hangover.

I remember the first time i had good sex (i remember the first time i had sex too, but that's not worth lingering on ).

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
I remember the Alamo.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
I remember the Titans.

Originally Posted by Aniko
I remember that one as well. And oddly enough, I still remember what it felt like to breast feed...and the pain I felt when I went out one evening for a nice date with my hubby....by the time I got home they were rock hard.

Recently I've noticed some ads on TV for an Evil Knevil movie. I remember when he made that infamous jump over the Grand Canyon in 1975. I was only 15 and my brother and I were glued to the TV. Knevil seemed so cooool back then.

I REMEMBER Yes I REMEMBER, Evil Knevil...ya everyone thought he was cool. Never mind he was crazy. Evil had a great number of broken bones if I remember. The breastfeeding if you didn't express your milk your in trouble and then there were the fevers..ya those days are gone but not forgotten. My breast are not rock hard anymore..damn!

I remember when McDonalds had "shamrock shakes" around St. Patty's day

I remember when gas was 40 cents a litre.

I remember Hammer Pants.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I remember doing flips off the top of the swingset.

I remember a bridal shower where my mom kept sending me to fetch her 7/7's. I sipped every one of them. I was 7.

I remember hanging out during 5th period with my friends in the guideance counsellor's office, and Kenny Rector calling home for something and his mom said President Reagan had been shot.

I remember when granola bars weren't rice crispie treats.

I remember not knowing my social security number.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
I remember a bridal shower where my mom kept sending me to fetch her 7/7's. I sipped every one of them.
Is a 7/7 an alcoholic drink

history *is* moralizing
i remember when a mailbox was of metal and u got something made of paper outtav it (almost everyday) and not tiny characters on a screen......................

Great thread Nebbs.

I remember: playing soccer indoors with my cousins when i was six and us breaking every lamp in the house and having to sticky tape everything back together so the grown ups wouldn't find out.

I remember: running through the park with my mum during autumn when I was seven and throwing fallen leaves at her as she chased me through the park...

I remember: the first day of school and having to part from my mum. How big and scary the school looked and all I had was an empty school bag, a peeled orange wrapped in plastic and eyes welled up full of tears. To this day the first day of school smells like a peeled orange.

I remember: skipping school with my best friend for the first time and having to come back home to change out of my uniform so no one would catch us out... and having to hide under the table frightened when my mum came home early. Oh how we found it hard to stop giggling!

I remember: being disgusted with kissing the first time a boy kissed me, because he basically swallowed by whole face.

I remember: being a little bit older and being kissed very softly under the stars by my first love on a hot summer night as we cuddled on the trampoline at a friend's house and thinking life couldn't get more magical after we spotted a shooting star.

I remember: my best friend planning a treasure hunt all around town for my 21st birthday and how fun it was having to crack all the codes to go to the location of the next clue.

I remember: spending all day, everyday at the beach with my best friend one summer. Eating pizza and watching the sunset as well reminisced about the silly things we'd done when we were younger.

I remember: growing up and slowly losing my innocent outlook on life. Then realizing very importantly that life is as magical as you make it to be...

history *is* moralizing
i remember when i was going out a lot and learning a bunch of foreign languages and travelling around the world and writing at least three songs a month and reading 2 comicbooks everyday and still had time to listen to my fave bands a lot and to call friends everyday and to have a love relationship and to teach languages and to cook and to sleep 8-9 hours every night
but i don't remember when time became quicker and i started not to have time to cope with even half of those things...

Randomly visiting for now
I remember..

..when I was in primary school I used to live in Papua New Guinea, so every day I wore shorts and t-shirt to school and whenever it rained everyone just stood there, because the rain was refreshing and the days were so blistering hot, but humid at the same time. There was something poetic about it. I used to rip down streets on my BMX with my friends and send huge water splashes everywhere from the flooded roads......so simple, so uncomplicated was my life back then.....whew those were truly great days