Movies You Anticipated To Be Good That Turned Out To Be Disappointing

Tools    

Originally Posted by Sedai
Lost Highway [/b](I need to watch this one again)
I watched Lost Highway like 8x before I was finally able to make it through the movie, and when I was finally in the right mood to watch it it was a great movie. More similar to Eraserhead than any of his other movies in that way I would say.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Sedai
I was in a mood this morn it seems!!!
Don't worry about it Sedai. We all have our many moods. We luv ya' no matter what mood your in.

(Lord knows I've displayed my many moods here often enough. )

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
Attack of the Clones: The trailer made it seem like it would be better than TPM, but it turned out to be far worse.

Kill Bill Vol. 1: Overhyped and way over the top.

Bend it like Beckham + My Big Fat Greek Wedding: I was under the impression that these were comedies, but I didn't notice a single joke in either of them.
Kill Bill 2. I loved Kill Bill 1, but Kill Bill 2 (in spite of a surprisingly great performance by David Caradine) just didn't cut it for me

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Tolstoy
I watched Lost Highway like 8x before I was finally able to make it through the movie, and when I was finally in the right mood to watch it it was a great movie. More similar to Eraserhead than any of his other movies in that way I would say.
Lynch is one of my favorite directors, and Mulholland I can watch over, and over, and... well, you know.

I just thought Lost Highway was a bit obtuse, but I need to watch it again.

Donnie Darko got the big build-up from a lot of people whose taste in film usually comes close to mine, but I couldn't get on the bandwagon for it. There are some interesting visual images, but the story doesn't hold together.

The Emperor of Ice Cream
What part of the story didn't hold together? (If you don't mind me asking.)

Didn't see it.
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The last 2 Matrix movies

Planet of the Apes (2001)
The Musketeer
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Underworld
Moulin Rouge
God and Generals
Titanic
Pearl Harbor

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Parky
I don't think Adam Sandler was in that movie.

I think your right that's Adam Sandler. Adam Sandler has got me confused.

I'd like to state my answer in two parts, please:

The Ones That Truly Disappointed

The Hulk - I really didn't think this one could fail. But it did.
Underworld - There was once a naive girl who walked into a theater and bought a ticket for a werewolf/vampire movie, thinking that movie would do something very cool with a seemingly surefire concept. You guys... I was that girl.
Down With Love - So many people told me it was great--and it had Ewan MacGregor! I should have remembered that it's important, with an homage film, to know a little bit about what it's paying homage to. And, frankly, I could give a rat's a*s about Doris Day, Rock Hudson or the '60s sex comedy. Insert shrugging Smilie here.

The Ones I Knew Would Be Crap But Secretly, Deep In My Soul, Hoped Would Turn Out To Be Better Than I Thought... Only To Find Out That My Original Suspicions Were Correct

King Arthur - God almighty. They marched, they fought, and then marched again. And then some of them died. And Kiera Knightley wore a breast band. Huzzah...?
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - This just didn't even come close to being anything worthy of its source material.
Dreamcatcher - I don't walk out on movies, ever, but I was tempted with this one. Seriously. I was embarrassed that I dragged my friends to see it with me.
The Butterfly Effect - Two words: Ashton. Kutcher.

Berthanita Germaine the serf
The Ring - disappointing in that I didn't find it scary at all

Lost in Translation - I just thought that this movie was horrible...far too pretentious. It actually came quite near to putting me to sleep at times as well.
"If you wanna know something and he won't tell you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear. I'm hungry. Let's get a taco."

I expected Star wars to be an adventure.It turned out to be more boring than "the Bold and the beautiful"

Quote-Lost in Translation - I just thought that this movie was horrible...far too pretentious. It actually came quite near to putting me to sleep at times as well.

I'm with ya! I had listed this on another board as my most dissapointing film and people chewed me out. Glad to see I'm not the only one!!

Originally Posted by surreal
I expected Star wars to be an adventure.It turned out to be more boring than "the Bold and the beautiful"
what episode are you reffering to?

Hi i am new. I just wanted to say that i thought that Alien and Aliens were good films and all but i felt that there was no real jump out of your seat moments apart from the bit in Alien where Captain Dallas turns and sees the alien behind him. Does anyone agree? or disagree? if so what where the scary moments?

#1 Canadian Haylie Duff Fan
Here are a few movies that i thought would be good, but were not:
1. S.W.A.T
2. The Hulk
3. The Matrix Revolutions

I have to say League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and the Hulk.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Lost in Translation - I will NEVER EVER listen to all the good remarks that are on the trailers or on the DVD box, EVER!

The Bourne Supremacy - Seemed much too like the other

Big Fish - It looked...out of it?

Both Fast and Furious - I'm a catch for cars

Recently
"the village"
"the bourne supremacy"
"matrix revolutions"