Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Se7en (1995) - David Fincher

- One hell of a great rewatch of a movie who was already in my top 50! David Fincher is the master of thriller and definitely my favorite director alive today. Brad Pitt , Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey are at the top of their talent. The storyline is captivating ,highly entertaining and the atmosphere is awesome. Soundtracks are great but my favorite things about that flick is the ending because it's totally brilliant. John Doe rock.

Hud - 7.5/10

Enjoyed this quite a bit. Going in I had no idea what to expect I only ended up watching it because someone said it was one of Newmans best performances, I'd agree with that. The performances were the highlight here, all four main actors did very well with Melvyn Douglas being my personal favourite, it also had some very nice Black and White Cinematography. I would like to see this make the countdown.

Prisoners - 5.5/10

Not a big fan of this sadly. It wasn't a bad film at all, it's just unfortunately I figured it out pretty early on. The whole is Jackman justified in his torture question, was very well done but didn't work for me because I felt (and did) I had the answer. I suppose you could still ask yourself that after the film is done but it took a lot of bite out of those scenes for me. Still Jackman was very good and I can see how this is so popular.

Insidious Chapter 3
(2015, USA)
Directed by Leigh Whannell
6.5/10

Blumhouse never lets me down! Yes, its not very different than the other Insidious movies but it had some creepy scenes and some jump scares.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

1/10

I can't trust anyone who calls this filmmaking "groundbreaking" - someone probably got drunk and thought of this. Phony.

Insidious Chapter 3
(2015, USA)
6.5/10

Blumhouse never lets me down! Yes, its not very different than the other Insidious movies but it had some creepy scenes and some jump scares.

I go watch it tomorrow! cannot wait

Hud - 7.5/10

Enjoyed this quite a bit. Going in I had no idea what to expect I only ended up watching it because someone said it was one of Newmans best performances, I'd agree with that. The performances were the highlight here, all four main actors did very well with Melvyn Douglas being my personal favourite, it also had some very nice Black and White Cinematography. I would like to see this make the countdown.
I loved that movie, and that's perhaps my favorite Paul Newman performance. His character in Cool Hand Luke seems to get all the hype for being the rebel type, but I saw that even more in Hud.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Insidious Chapter 3
(2015, USA)
6.5/10
The trailer for this sort of scared the ***** out of me at the cinema recently. I was late arriving and the trailers had already started. I got in and the trailer for Insidious 3 was on but I didn't know what the film was. I just saw two kids flirting and texting and thought it was a teen romance/drama/comedy. I then turned my back on the screen for a few seconds while I settled into my seat and missed a spooky, ominous moment that would have alerted me to it being something else. I sat down and the next thing there was this huge jump scare as a hand reached down and grabbed the girl which may have made me squeal a little! It was just so unexpected and caught me completely off guard

The trailer for this sort of scared the ***** out of me at the cinema recently. I was late arriving and the trailers had already started. I got in and the trailer for Insidious 3 was on but I didn't know what the film was. I just saw two kids flirting and texting and thought it was a teen romance/drama/comedy. I then turned my back on the screen for a few seconds while I settled into my seat and missed a spooky, ominous moment that would have alerted me to it being something else. I sat down and the next thing there was this huge jump scare as a hand reached down and grabbed the girl which may have made me squeal a little! It was just so unexpected and caught me completely off guard

There are some scenes that are a bit not what you expect.... I dont mind if they continue with the series.... James Wan was Executive Producer on this.... I feel his a large part of Blumhouse's success.

I loved that movie, and that's perhaps my favorite Paul Newman performance. His character in Cool Hand Luke seems to get all the hype for being the rebel type, but I saw that even more in Hud.
I thought it was probably you who said it was one of Newmans best, I was honestly going to put possibly Cricket in brackets but forgot. Completely agreed with you there, I much preferred this to Cool Hand Luke. I also thought it was a much more interesting form of rebellion. Since it wasnt the usual against the system (like CHL) but against his fathers way of living.

The Human Condition II: Road to Eternity (1959)

The middle three hour piece of this epic trilogy continues with the character of Kaji as he enters the military. I thought this was still masterful filmmaking, but yet a step down from the first film. I thought the first one was deep enough to justify it's long running time, while I felt this one's length a little more. It certainly has it's fair share of great moments, and I look forward to the conclusion next week.

Man the 60s had way more than 25 films . I want to fit that in before the deadline after Harakiri and Kwaidan, not sure if I'll have the time though. Also I think the date is off cricket, it was 61 I believe.

Man the 60s had way more than 25 films . I want to fit that in before the deadline after Harakiri and Kwaidan, not sure if I'll have the time though. Also I think the date is off cricket, it was 61 I believe.
Actually I made a typo, it's 1959

Actually I made a typo, it's 1959
I thought it was the first was 59 then two and three were 61, but it was first two 59 and third was 61. So it makes me feel a lot better I think I will just leave the Trilogy until the 50s list.

Starship Troopers

Although I thoroughly enjoyed this movie for its fun action sequences and stereotypical action movie heroes, it obviously isn't a cinematic masterpiece.

Warrior (2011) - Gavin O'Connor

- Completely love that film. God knows how I hate the sport of MMA/UFC but this movie is just too da*m perfect if you want my opinion. The subject is one of the most important and it's also one of my favorite: Family and courage. Nothing is more important than your family and I know that for a fact. I cry during one scene and I also smile during all the ending which was awesome. Brilliant Job from Hardy, Edgerton and Holte for their three amazing performance. This is what I call the beauty of watching movie because this experience was truly marvelous.

Whoa! 9/10!

Dumber than The Fast and the Furious, more over the top than Dragonball Z and The Matrix Revolutions, more violent than The Clockwork Orange and Taxi Driver, more machismo than The Road Warrior, and the best of all, animated!

Br000tral dude:

I am not giving 10/10 because this is simply not an actually "good movie". It's more entertaining than Fury Road in fact, because it's more ludicrous, so ludicrous in fact that it becomes a comedy of sorts. 110 minutes of pure awesome!