Band Of Brothers

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Hey Band Of Brothers is one of the best HBO series ever!!!! Talk about how you liked it or didn't like it. Post your favorite epsodie mine is Day of Days!!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I wrote a rather lengthy review for it in my review thread, on page 6 (see my signature ).

I think it is perhaps the greatest war film ever made. My favorite episode is #6: Bastogne. It's the medic's story.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

To tell you the truth they were all moving I cried when they found the camp and had to put them back in it. What was that epsoide called Why We Fight? Ya that was it.

Bastogne was my favourite as well. Though the final part, Points, is great as well.

I love them all really.

Band of Brothers was an excellent series. HBO hit a homerun on with this.

Bastogne is probably my favourite episode as well. But as a whole it's just an all around fantastic series.

If you haven't already seen The Pacific, do so. It never reaches the heights of greatness that BoB does, but it's still very, very good.

A system of cells interlinked
Thread moved to the proper section.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Watching this at the moment... Gonna enter the last episode. Without a doubt one of the best mini-series I've ever seen.

Really great mini-series. The Pacific is also well worth checking out, although personally didn't think it was as good as BoB.

Also, if it can be found, there is an Australian mini-series from the 80's called ANZACS that was pretty decent also, but that was about WWI.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Oh man, to be young again.
Fancy quoting yourself nearly 16 years later.

True masterpiece, I must have seen it right through 4 times.

You could call it one of the early TV works that broke through the divide between cinema and TV, making a Cinema worthy production but being 9-10 hours long.

Legendary

I should revisit this. I loved it when I first watched it through. Would love to watch it again.

I own both tin boxes of BoB and The Pacific but still haven’t seen the latter...

@MovieMeditation: You need to watch The Pacific.

I'd go so far as to say it's better than Band of Brothers. At least from an effects of war sorta thing.

And James Badge Dale is amazing.

The Pacific is amazing too, but BoB edges it.