The Guitar Guild

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Here's an Atmospheric Black Metal song I composed back in February:

Rotten Oak - And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

https://vocaroo.com/cNBXr9z1aGA

As you can see, all you need to write a five-minutes-long Atmospheric Black Metal song is a catchy atmospheric riff, and a different riff to break the monotony. Nothing else. The funny thing is I no longer remember how to play it, so if I wanted to play it now, I'd have to relearn it by ear listening to my own recording of it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You ready? You look ready.
Don’t chastise me too much for acting a fool towards the end

I’m building a self-brand around positivity, determination, and tomfoolery. I know I still have a lot to learn but they say fake it till you make it, right?

You ready? You look ready.
Shut up and SLAP that bitch!
I’m lining up some lessons with another instructor soon. I haven’t touched it since I started focusing on guitar. But yes, I will slap it and hope it don’t slap back.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Playing for 2 years, try to do so at least once a day. Been slacking a bit sadly

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Sorta thinking of starting guitar lessons. I wonder if committing to paying for lessons would help me care more for the scales and theory side. That's something I never bothered with ..on guitar. Playing by ear is fine, I know my fretboard enough to get around, but I know my formal technique sucks. I can't solo for crap.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I turned my back on a 90s/00s model of the coveted DeArmond M75t that I've been wanting for the past 15 years or so. Price seemed too high considering it didn't have the original case and the tone knobs had been replaced. Other than that, it seems just fine. Guitar Center's used department via their webpage is pretty great for finding deals from time to time. In all honesty, the price is fine for a good guitar WITH a hard shell case if anyone is interested. I'm just coming at it more as a collector and would like the hard to find case with it. Still a great guitar and the prices are only creeping up.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Playing for 2 years, try to do so at least once a day. Been slacking a bit sadly
Been meaning to change my strings for 2 years. Speaking of, anybody seen dem’ snips around...?

Sorta thinking of starting guitar lessons. I wonder if committing to paying for lessons would help me care more for the scales and theory side. That's something I never bothered with ...on guitar. Playing by ear is fine, I know my fretboard enough to get around, but I know my formal technique sucks. I can't solo for crap.
You should it. I don’t do well with teaching myself, let around reading music. Last song I tried to learn was...

and like any song, I just end up picking 7 Bridges Road after a while and pat myself on the back.

You should it. I don’t do well with teaching myself, let around reading music. Last song I tried to learn was...

and like any song, I just end up picking 7 Bridges Road after a while and pat myself on the back.
ha. good luck with that one. i gave up about 5 seconds in

A system of cells interlinked
The strumming on that heart tune is tough...

The intro to the “radio cut” has such a unique sound to it. Can’t really think of anything else that sounds like it.

I never thought about trying to follow her playing it to get the fingering and transitions 🙄

Well, I have my next guitar purchase already planned out. Only thing left is to decide on a color. 😅

Peavey JF-1

Ladies and gents I am officially joining the club, something that I have always wanted to do for years and years.

Got myself a relatively cheap Juarez acoustic guitar. I wasn't keen on spending a lot on my first.

With the help of the kind folks on YouTube I intend to embark on this wonderful journey.

Here's my girl.

Wish me luck.

Ok here’s my other obsession in life other than movies. I’ve been playing for 28 years, can’t read music at all but play by ear pretty well. Nothing like cranking these to full volume after a frustrating day at work.

You can never have too many guitars. Roll on Christmas day for the new addition. Maybe I’ll post a picture here after Christmas.

^you jumped in front of my post! nice collection too!!
^^agreed!
^^^I'm totally digging that Strat and SG.