The MoFo Top Animated Films List - Voting

→ in
Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
If I thought culling my lists was difficult before this is going to be a nightmare. That's a good complaint to have though. I'm guessing that I will like a major portion of the group list.

I'm pretty sure I already know my top five. Top three, at least.

I said this in another thread, but I've started tossing possible entries into a list...and it's already way harder than I'd expected. I thought around 25 I'd be at the "this is pretty good, but I don't love it" stage, but I'm already looking at 5-6 that I thought for sure would be on there, but that I just won't have room for.

And this is before watching a lot of the recommendations being mentioned. This is gonna be tough.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer eligible?
Yes.

Before I get more of these sorts of questions, animated TV shorts and one-off holiday specials are eligible.

This includes things like:

Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Lorax
Frosty the Snowman
A Charlie Brown Christmas
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

I think it should count. It is overwhelmingly CGI animation.
I probably didn't even need to ask, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Ok... I got 17 and have exhausted my resources.

I guess I'm just not a fan of animation.

Pretty sure all mine are eligible though. Not sure on one though, Miss Vicky... A Scanner Darkly. I mentioned it in the other thread and someone said it was rotoscope... it's listed as an animation and was filmed in live action then animated over the top using interpolated rotoscoping.

Will keep working on it though. There may be one or two I've forgotten.

I'm the one who said it's rotoscope. Vicky already said rotoscope is eligible.

Not sure on one though, Miss Vicky... A Scanner Darkly. I mentioned it in the other thread and someone said it was rotoscope.
I haven't actually seen that film, so for now I'm going to trust Swan's judgement and say yes.

Good stuff. Reading the first post I am pretty happy with the rules and think you've cleared everything up well, I like the partial list minimum deadline idea too.

Cool. Thought I'd check with it being damned close to real life in its look.

I've got 18 now. I remembered one.

I have a list of 25 but I don't think it's set at all. I expect I'll find more than a few animated movies I've never seen before that I really like.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
This should be a nice excuse for Ghibli marathon.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I made a preliminary list of 25 awhile ago, but it's definitely not set in stone. I've seen a few films already that might make the cut.