High Score - Netflix

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
I just started this documentary about early video games. So far, it's great fun. If it weren't so late, I'd totally binge all episodes tonight. But I'll have to do that tomorrow.

The first episode has me sold. And I'm just old enough to remember this sort of stuff when it was first happening.

[High Score]I just started this documentary about early video games. So far, it's great fun. If it weren't so late, I'd totally binge all episodes tonight. But I'll have to do that tomorrow.

The first episode has me sold. And I'm just old enough to remember this sort of stuff when it was first happening.
Sounds interesting. My wife was an early video games player. Will check it out...

I'm watching the next episode. I think the series is really well done, and the little game-like graphics/cartoons they're using to tell the story in between actual footage are delightful. They're telling a big, serious story but they're having fun doing it. And the people they're interviewing are obviously having fun telling their stories too.

So far I give this series a big thumbs-up!

Episode 3 gets a little political in the middle. Just FYI.

So far, though, I love that the series gives us great peeks into the real people behind so many of the technological advances in computer games. (And I'm still hoping to see them cover the Myst franchise, but we're not there in history yet. We're around 1988 at this point.)

Made it all the way through and wanted more episodes. There could easily be another season of this documentary (although it had a solid ending) because it ends around 1993-ish... and so it didn't ever hit the Myst games I love so much.
@Yoda, they had a bunch of interviews with the guys who started/ran Id Software -- those crazy-good ZIP files games you and your brother used to play back in the early 1990s... Great fun to hear the behind-the-scenes stuff from them. That was a lot of what I liked about this documentary series: fun peeks into the minds of the people forging the way in this new world of video games. Lots of great interviews, all of which had a sense of playfulness and fun about them.

Highly recommended.

Nice, looking forward to it.

First episode was solid, there's a little more detail on some of the "basics" than I'd like, but I realize I'm coming at this a bit more familiar with some of the history than a majority of viewers, so fair enough.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm enjoying it more and more with each episode. The art direction is great. I love the little narrative animations and the variety of how they interview their guests. I'm also enjoying that there isn't an obvious timeline account of everything with how they managed to juggle a few different stories in each episode. I was thrown off by this when they introduced the NES witout mentioning SEGA but, the more I watch, the more I like this approach. I think it keeps the broader topic of gaming history more entertaining. And it's just all so darned cute!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Wow, I was sure I posted a reply yesterday stating that they DO address the Sega wars, in their usual fun way. I have found it fascinating to get some background on stuff like how they chose a hedgehog and who drew it, etc.

I do hope they continue this series. 1993 isn't where video gaming stopped changing, after all.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Wow, I was sure I posted a reply yesterday stating that they DO address the Sega wars, in their usual fun way. I have found it fascinating to get some background on stuff like how they chose a hedgehog and who drew it, etc.

I do hope they continue this series. 1993 isn't where video gaming stopped changing, after all.
It's all YOUR fault for re-posting this in the videogame tab It's getting almost as bad the Infinity Wars timelines!

It's all YOUR fault for re-posting this in the videogame tab It's getting almost as bad the Infinity Wars timelines!
Well, I only did it so I could get you to rep TWO posts instead of just one.