Horror/suspense/thriller movie recommendations

Tools    

I've seen quite a bit from that genre so I'm looking for some movies that may have fallen off the radar. Let me say that I'm not that keen on the supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, spirits, exorcism, fantastic, sci-fi type of horror.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I'm not that keen on the supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, spirits, exorcism, fantastic, sci-fi type of horror.
And that leaves what? Monster movies? Slasher movies? Anything specific? I like horror movies too, though I can't specify a sub-genre. It just depends on the movie.

I hope you like foreign

and I know much more similar to this.. (mainly Nordic horror)

I've seen quite a bit from that genre so I'm looking for some movies that may have fallen off the radar. Let me say that I'm not that keen on the supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, spirits, exorcism, fantastic, sci-fi type of horror.
If you will list 10 of your favorite horror films that will help people to give you recommendations.

Account terminated on request
Funny, I was just thinking about this very topic. Here's something somewhat outside movie land. There is a ghost theme in this one though, so feel free to quickly discard it.

This Danish (mini) series goes to 11 for both being well written and scary AF. Among the very very few times I've been able to tolerate a foreign production.

They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

I'm having a hard time thinking of a horror movie that doesn't delve into the supernatural at least somewhat.

This one probably will fit the bill.

Did you see the original The Hitcher (1986---Rutger Hauer):

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
The Skin I Live In (2011), is the best horror movie I've seen if that counts as horror. It's probably more 'body horror', but sadly no one is talking about this movie.

The trick is not minding
The Skin I Live In (2011), is the best horror movie I've seen if that counts as horror. It's probably more 'body horror', but sadly no one is talking about this movie.
I’ve had this film marked as a future watch for some time now. I hope it’s as good as it seems

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
As others have requested, can you post some movies you DO like? That would help.

Funny Games (either)
Let the Right One In

Maybe Ravenous? It's kind of out there though.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

My mom falls into this category, and according to her, I have a pretty good recommendation record.

Some mainstream hits with her:

The Orphan (2009)
The Boy (2016)
Get Out (2017)
Identity (2003)
Vacancy (2007)
A Perfect Getaway (2009)
Hush (2016)

Here's one. Make sure you don't watch it with the lights out. You might soil yourself.

The entity 1981
The changeling 1980
They live 1987
Prince of darkness 1987

The entity 1981
The changeling 1980
They live 1987
Prince of darkness 1987
Yeah, you're running into the same problem I was. How to avoid movies that have some degree of supernatural (etc.) to it.

Wake in Fright (1971)

Road Games (1980)

The Rover (2014)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thanks for the input. No, not monsters either. I like Hostel, the Girl on the Train, Saw, Eden Lake, the French Inside and Martyrs, The Purge, The Collector, Get Out, 8 Mm, Tesis (Spanish), Mientras Duermes (Spanish, with an American remake), The Den, I See You, Gone Baby Gone, Breathe, The Strangers, Midsommar, etc.

Maybe horror is a catch-all term but the movies I just listed do have an element of horror in the sense that common/ ordinary killers are far scarier than supernatural entities?

I like some paranormal stuff if it's well written, such as Sixth Sense, but mainly I'm more interested in the aformentioned sub-genres now (slasher, gore, suspense, mustery, drama, home invasion).

Thanks for the input. No, not monsters either. I like Hostel, the Girl on the Train, Saw, Eden Lake, the French Inside and Martyrs, The Purge, The Collector, Get Out, 8 Mm, Tesis (Spanish), Mientras Duermes (Spanish, with an American remake), The Den, I See You, Gone Baby Gone, Breathe, The Strangers, Midsommar, etc.
Try:
Prisoners
Enemy
Manhunter
Identity