Best horror movies you've ever watched?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Willim Bibbiani's list for 1990s. Some of these I would disagree with but if they scare him then so be it. Not for me to say what categorically is allowed into the genre and what is not. I definitely agree with Jurassic Park - it scared me so it's in. Animation and horror for kids? Nup, not horror but once again, not up to me what's allowed into the genre. Each to their own.

http://www.craveonline.com.au/entert...s-of-the-1990s

This might just do nobody any good.
A lot of those movies are actually pretty funny. Lost Highway did freak me out, though. Audition is an all-timer too.

I get emails daily, multiple times on many films, that are horror... You think Im going to share? Hell no! I dont know half of ya here..

A lot of those movies are actually pretty funny. Lost Highway did freak me out, though. Audition is an all-timer too.
I find most horror funny.

I was kind of confused the first time I saw Carrie ‘cause I couldn’t stop smiling. It’s a very funny movie, particularly Piper Laurie.

I was kind of confused the first time I saw Carrie ‘cause I couldn’t stop smiling. It’s a very funny movie, particularly Piper Laurie.
I was confused the first time I saw Cabin in the Woods. Husband was away for work so I set the atmosphere in the house to watch it. Very very disappointed. Then when he returned I put it on for him and laughed all the way through it, especially at Sigourney's last scene.

I was confused the first time I saw Cabin in the Woods. Husband was away for work so I set the atmosphere in the house to watch it. Very very disappointed. Then when he returned I put it on for him and laughed all the way through it, especially at Sigourney's last scene.
My friends who know my movie watching taste and know I looooveee horror, told me not to watch "Cabin In The Woods." My closest friend said I would be completely pissed off at the ending.. I trust his advice.

My friends who know my movie watching taste and know I looooveee horror, told me not to watch "Cabin In The Woods." My closest friend said I would be completely pissed off at the ending.. I trust his advice.
I thought it was going to be a 'serious' horror, but pretty fun hour or so when viewed as a horror comedy. I do enjoy a jolly good belly laugh when watching those.

Well, Cabin is meant to be funny. The ending is fun and a natural step in the meta narrative...

WARNING: spoilers below
the characters are hateful. The selfish final decision is practically the right’s “but her emails!”

I thought it was going to be a 'serious' horror, but pretty fun hour or so when viewed as a horror comedy. I do enjoy a jolly good belly laugh when watching those.
You said the keyword "Comedy".. I do not watch American comedy, let alone American horror comedy.

He worked for a company that got new and used dvds in.. How do you think I got my copy of "A Serbian Film" as well as many other extremes, exploration and rare stuff...

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Have to say with the cabin in the woods talk and no offence.....I can’t stand the horror comedy genre. I also don’t like action comedy unless the comedy is natural like bev hills cop 1 and lethal weapon 1. Tell you what’s even worse....musicals lol. With the exception of grease.

no offence.....I can’t stand the horror comedy genre
None taken. All of my brothers dislike it as well so my niece and I just scream together without them.

thank you for your suggestion, but I don't think I would like that especially the date I really hate old movies but I still did some research and find out that it wasn't that really bad, but don't really feel to watch it.. so i appreciate your suggestions thanks again btw.

House of Wax

Call it a slasher if you like, but so much about this movie is great. The mystery and suspense starts when the pickup truck pulls into the characters' campsite. It is scary in a smart way until we get toward the end of the movie when it earns its slasher classification.

House of Wax would not be what it is without its cinematography. In order to preserve the twist at the end of the movie, the cinematography has to be careful and intentional at every turn. What comes to mind right away is the scene in the church. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go back and watch the movie again--pay attention to that scene and observe how it is done perfectly so that you don't even question your preconceived notions of what is occurring.

- Charlie, your Average Moviegoer
hello,I've already watch that movie and yeah, you're right I love how the movie works..when there's mystery and suspense on the horror genre I would watch it, but this one nailed it .. yeahh really ! thanks

WORST HORROR MOVIE EVER!

I rented it through Red Box... that was a waste of my $2.50.. I watched maybe 20 minutes of it and turned it off!

seriously? didn't think somebody would take a lot of effort to share their favorites, but thank you, really appreciate that..And that makes me think you really love that kind of genre don't you?
You're welcome. Yeah, I'm not a total horror nut or anything, but it does have a tendency to be my "go to" genre.

WORST HORROR MOVIE EVER!

I rented it through Red Box... that was a waste of my $2.50.. I watched maybe 20 minutes of it and turned it off!
I agree. I think I got 15 minutes in. They should have stuck with flight of the conchords.

thank you for your suggestion, but I don't think I would like that especially the date I really hate old movies but I still did some research and find out that it wasn't that really bad, but don't really feel to watch it.. so i appreciate your suggestions thanks again btw.
Oh, I'm sorry. When you mentioned A Nightmare on Elm Street I thought you were referring to the 1984 film.

Thinking about the original Nightmare on Elm Street there are some similarities with The Entity, especially I think in the first attack.

thank you for your suggestion, but I don't think I would like that especially the date I really hate old movies
1982 is "old"?

Well this was my point – I'm guessing that he meant the 2010 Elm Street in his first post.