The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh

→ in
Tools    

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Instead of thanking people and confirming with them personally that I received their list, I just did the lazy thing and sent the confirmed lists to Yoda.

Always check the OP to see if your name is there or not.

@urkillinmesmalls please resend your list. I messaged you, but you have no responded yet.
Checked, my name is there, sorry if I seemed a bit rude.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Checked, my name is there, sorry if I seemed a bit rude.
Not at all. That was a message to everyone, just to check the first post for their names.

Suspect's Reviews

Not at all. That was a message to everyone, just to check the first post for their names.
I did send in a list last evening, but I'm wondering if it got bumped due to the full mailbox circumstance.

Should I send it to you again?

Thanks,
~Doc

Welcome to the human race...
Sent mine in. It was a real rush job where I didn't do much in the way of deliberate prep and even now I wonder if my decision not to let myself get too caught up on canonical classics and just tried to pick favourites hasn't made its own kind of insular list (my method was just trying to rearrange all my 10/10 films in preferential order one at a time but I hit a wall once I hit The Godfather, which feels virtually impossible to rank). But whatever, I guess.

Sent mine in. It was a real rush job where I didn't do much in the way of deliberate prep and even now I wonder if my decision not to let myself get too caught up on canonical classics and just tried to pick favourites hasn't made its own kind of insular list (my method was just trying to rearrange all my 10/10 films in preferential order one at a time but I hit a wall once I hit The Godfather, which feels virtually impossible to rank). But whatever, I guess.

I'll talk ranking over with you after the deadline.

Putting some touches on the countdown display stuff. Going a different direction than the ones in the past, in a way that future list Curators will have the opportunity to maybe take advantage of, too.

Still a fair bit to do, enough that there might be a solid week between the countdown's end and the start, but I'll do my best to get that delay as small as possible!

I think a mix between personal favorites and obvious choices will make a pretty solid list for everyone. Any idea on how many entries will posted daily?

I think a mix between personal favorites and obvious choices will make a pretty solid list for everyone. Any idea on how many entries will posted daily?
The usual way is for two movies a day to be revealed, starting at #100 and #99. When the countdown gets to the #10 movie, then it's one movie a day. Which makes the countdown last nearly 2 months once it starts.

The usual way is for two movies a day to be revealed, starting at #100 and #99. When the countdown gets to the #10 movie, then it's one movie a day. Which makes the countdown last nearly 2 months once it starts.
Nice, RT did a top 100 list a few years back and got a group of posters to do write ups for entries that was pretty cool for the group

Nice, RT did a top 100 list a few years back and got a group of posters to do write ups for entries that was pretty cool for the group
I think you'll like this countdown, it becomes a daily event for people to post their thoughts on the movies. It's a long running tradition here, and this will be the 19th board wide countdown we've done. I can't wait until it starts!

Really looking forward to this even though I'm not joining in with a list this time.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
@Yoda

You mentioned the record for lists sent in to a countdown the other day, may I inquire what that record is?

I know this is a ways off and probably a lot more work but once the final list of 100 is all said and done I’d love to see a list of all the movies submitted and how many points each got, even the ones that didn’t even come close to top 100. Like every single movie submitted. But if it’s too much no worries.

@Yoda

You mentioned the record for lists sent in to a countdown the other day, may I inquire what that record is?
99, from Holden's 70s list.

We're gonna need a lot today and tomorrow to get there, but it's still plausible.