Liberal
14.04%
8 votes
Conservative
54.39%
31 votes
Other
57 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I'm not offering anything constructive; I just wanted to say that when I read that, this was all I could think of:
Nice, though to be honest this probably that worst-case-scenario everyone thinks of when it comes to these things.

It's certainly possible.
It's not possible because the one who owns the guns and the manpower to deploy deadly force is by definition the State. If law and enforcement is fully "privatized" that means that security companies would become militia organizations and the country would be in a state of civil war.

There is no example in history of a large society functioning without an organization with the monopoly in the legitimate use of force (the State). Hence the main problem in society is the abuse of the powers of the State.

It's not possible because the one who owns the guns and the manpower to deploy deadly force is by definition the State. If law and enforcement is fully "privatized" that means that security companies would become militia organizations and the country would be in a state of civil war.
Wat.

Originally Posted by Guaporense
There is no example in history of a large society functioning without an organization with the monopoly in the legitimate use of force (the State). Hence the main problem in society is the abuse of the powers of the State.
How do you define "legitimate"?

I feel like this forum has shifted in the past few years, I know my vote would shift.

the problem is, what if youre a conservative liberal? or a liberal conservative? I hate that there are fewer shades of gray.

the problem is, what if youre a conservative liberal? or a liberal conservative? I hate that there are fewer shades of gray.
You just meet one...me! I'm extremely liberal on some issues and extremely conservative on other issues. Not sure what my political affiliation would be?

Like Rules, my views vary depending on the issue.
I'll admit that these days, some of my political views lean more toward conservatism. (Yet I'm a staunch "conservationist" which, despite it's root word derivation, is sometimes considered a more liberal outlook these days when viewed in respect to environmentalism.)
I'm first and foremost independent and don't care much for labels.
I see little use for bi-partisan systems (except as a way to divide people) and wish there were some other way to narrow down candidates for elections.

I refuse to support any party, and vote depending on the person, regardless what Im forced to register as.

When voting on local candidates do you vote partisan or actualky research each candidate on your ballot? The checking off by parties is actually a pretty big Issue. Especially when it comes to judge elections (which I'm against in general)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Someone asked an older friend of mine what his political stance was.... he replied "Bomb-thrower.. You need people who'll break the rules to make life better for everyone else"

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I put on the thing that I'm a Liberal but I feel like that's sort of simplified? On the surface, I'm exactly who the conservatives don't like, I'm a left leaning, socially progressive, atheist "hippie" for lack of a better word, but I feel like I'm more center-left? I have conservative friends, including a city councilman in my hometown, and I disagree with their politics, but that doesn't make them bad people, I reckon. It's when you go to extremes on either side when things get dicey.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i honestly have no flipping idea. i'm registered independent and i know what i believe in, and most people here have heard some of those beliefs, but i can't be bothered slapping a label on it