Anchorman 2

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
'Anchorman 2' plot: 'There will be a custody battle'

Anchorman director Adam McKay has revealed plot details from the planned comedy sequel.

The filmmaker dropped hints about the story to Salon, suggesting that Anchorman 2 could revolve around Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) and Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) fighting for custody over their child.

"I don't want to give away too much, but I'll just give a couple pieces of ideas that we've kicked around," McKay said. "Keep in mind we're still writing the story, but I'll say one phrase for you: custody battle. I'll give you that. I'll give you one other one: bowling for dollars."

McKay also discussed how similar modern-day newscasts are to the fictional '70s Channel 4 news team, comprised of Brian Fantana (Paul Rudd), Brick Tamland (Steve Carell) and Champ Kind (David Koechner).

"Part of what inspired the movie was just how ridiculous the news had become. It was all ratings-driven," McKay explained. "The people were getting better and better looking. The weather women were getting outrageously beautiful. It was all about the voice and the hair."

Ferrell announced Anchorman 2 during an in-character appearance as Ron Burgundy on Conan last month (March).

Burgundy told a delighted crowd: "I want to announce this to everyone here in the Americas, to our friends in Spain, Turkey and the UK - including England - that as of 0900 Mountain Time, Paramount Pictures and myself, Ronald Joseph Aaron Burgundy, have come to terms on a sequel to Anchorman."
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...dy-battle.html

There are few movies that really excite me these days but Anchorman 2 (Zoolander 2 also) really makes me squeee with joy. I can honestly say that I adore those films so much that even if the sequels stick like a diaper filled with Indian food, I will still love them.

Movie Forums Insomniac
There is a teaser for Anchorman 2 before The Dictator, in case anyone is interested.

Movie Forums Insomniac
.. I'm guessing it won't have any footage.
It features the Channel 4 news team (minus Veronica) stating how excited they are to return. And the screen title reads "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" followed by "2013?"

Movie Forums Extra
I can't wait for this one!! I LOVE Will Ferrel

The world is in need of Anchorman 2. I honestly believe this movie will solve all of our problems... Debt crisis in Europe? Just watch Anchorman 2!!!

My avatar should speak for me on how excited I am to see this flick.... :3

I loved the first one. I hated this sequel. Truly, an overrated waste of time and effort.

It was just one big mess. Most of the jokes fell flat (Going blind, the shark, Jack Lame, Brick Tamland's romantic scenes).

Don't get me wrong, some scenes were solid comedy gold (the RV roll-over scene with Ron Burgundy's crew inside getting tossed around, and Burgundy's dinner with the African American family had me in stitches), but not enough to warrant a 74% rating that it has earned on Rotten Tomatoes.

4/10

Note: I usually enjoy comedy films more upon repeated viewings. I might bump up the rating when this movie is released on DVD and starts showing on Cable TV.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I don't think there's an original joke in Anchorman 2. It's just a rehash of the same material found in Anchorman.

In Anchorman, Ron was unable to accept having a female co-worker. In Anchorman 2, it's essentially the same thing only this time it's regarding a black, female boss.

etc.

The Gangs of New York inspired fight scene from the first film is present and correct only this time with added cameo appearances.

I was so so so so disappointed with Anchorman 2..