Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Signs(2002)

My favorite movie by Shyamalan(As there's barely any other good ones to choose from besides Unbreakable and Sixth Sense). Mel Gibson usually never fails to disappoint and Joaquin Phoenix is good. I usually throw all logic out the window when I watch this movie and it is very fun for me as I like any movie with Aliens.

The Constant Gardener (2005) - Fernando Meirelles

Nice film. Could have used little less flashbacks...point was already received very well...

8 out of 10

Eden Lake (2008) - James Watkins (British Horror)
A very predictable horror film that actually turns out to be very scary because the "monsters" are real. Unlike many horror films this really improved as it went along and even though everyone will see the ending coming about half an hour into the film it is still handled really well and I found it to be very disturbing - maybe because whilst I don't live in Britain, I do live in an area of Australia with lots of families just like those in the film.

-

Persecution (2009) - Patrice Chereau (French Drama)
This movie has an amazing opening scene that had me thinking that Chereau would one day be one of my favourite directors (I really enjoyed the other film of his that I watched, Queen Margot) but unfortunately it was all down hill from there. I just wasn't interested in the characters or what was happening to them. Nothing was particularly bad - I just didn't care. I'm also now starting to think it might be more interesting if Charlotte Gainsbourg managed to keep her clothes on for a whole film ...

Unregistered User

Its a mad mad mad mad World (1963)

The 60's was seriously such a strong decade for films!! I'm really loving nearly every 60's film ive watched for this countdown, its going to be an absolute nightmare restricting it down to just 25. Mad World is definately one of the funniest comedies ive seen from the decade. The only thing stopping me rating higher is that i'm not the biggest fan of comedy films and the fact that it was around 3 hours long, at times i totally lost concentation.

still gets a
though.

Hate to break it you, but I've read that Hardy has signed on for three more Mad Max films.

Mel "Sugar T*ts" Gibson is finished as Mad Max.

Anyway, I think Hardy did just fine acting wise and had the physique to make his character's actions believable. I do agree that the film was lacking in story and character development, but I had too much fun with everything else to care.
Hey there

Thanks for the info. Can't say I'm surprised, or happy about it but at least we have the possibility of three more Max flicks and a better story. Perhaps Miller and Hardy will also communicate a little better next time if Georgie decides to return to the director's chair.

Having said that I never saw Max as a muscle bound athlete, just a normal looking tough cop who could handle a vehicle extremely well. He was always fallible and never really did anything physically remarkable in the first films other than be quicker than a snake.

I don't read much celebrity media and only know the basics surrounding Mel Gibson - I even had to Google your 'sugar t*ts' reference. I did read Jewish journalist Alison Hope Weiner's humbling article about the troubled star however http://deadline.com/2014/03/mel-gibs...chance-697084/

I would urge anyone who has already passed judgement on him to do the same.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Guess who's coming to Dinner (1967)

While it's not as well written as Inherit the Wind or Judgement at Nuremberg this is still a great movie! I loved Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tray's acting but didn't quite like Poitier! His physical expressions seemed always a bit artificial to me.
The premise is amazing, as in other Kramer's films, always dealing with very social problems and it's developed in a very sensible and interesting way! But I liked more about this is the little things in Kramer's directing! The little accidents or sentences that make me closer to the characters: the sock drawer falling, the different but good flavour of ice icream, etc, etc. Stanley Kramer had a very special view about cinema!

+

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Catch-22 (Nichols)

4/10 - Even with an "all-star cast" it wasn't good. I'm not an Alan Arkin fan, and he's got the main role; I think all the other actors are much better. The film was plain silly and painful to watch, mockery and parody, especially considering M*A*S*H was just made the year before.

Birdman: Or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
Alejandro González Ińárritu
The acting is great, the film is beautifully shot and the scenario is simple, but very effective. A bit overrated in my opinion, however.
+

Birdman: Or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
Alejandro González Ińárritu
The acting is great, the film is beautifully shot and the scenario is simple, but very effective. A bit overrated in my opinion, however.
+
How is it overrated? I'm not disagreeing btw just asking, I think that's pretty much the average rating its been given here. For the record I'd probably give it 4/5, not much more than you

Finished here. It's been fun.

New Nightmare-Wes Craven 1994

Freddy: Meet your maker

Atmosphere for days, damn cool meta-style narrative, great kills,etc. This is my fave Elm Street behind the masterpiece of horror that is the original. This movies just has that nostalgia-feel for me, grew up on watching this film and countless other horror flicks. Highly recommended for horror fans and Freddy lovers. One of my fave underrated horror films alongside Exorcist III, Opera, and Zombie's Halloween II. Gotta praise the underdogs.

Mad Max: 5/10

First 10 minutes was really strong, the rest became jumbled and boring. Kudos for George Miller for his excellent effort though.
Is this the 1979 film you're talking about? I know the original is the only one actually called Mad Max, but with three other films in the franchise it's helpful to be a little more specific.

Is this the 1979 film you're talking about? I know the original is the only one actually called Mad Max, but with three other films in the franchise it's helpful to be a little more specific.
The first one. Though, I'm not really a fan of the others either.

Shaun of the Dead(2004)

A first rate comedy. I always go back and forth on this or Zombieland as my favorite zombie movie, since both movies are very humorous. Simon Pegg always makes me laugh and Nick Frost is fantastic. I may not like Hot Fuzz or The World's End as much(even though I do like both of those films) but Pegg and Frost are still a great comedy duo.

The first one. Though, I'm not really a fan of the others either.
I like the first one the least of the series and quite like the sequels.

I'd rank them:

Fury Road
The Road Warrior
Beyond Thunderdome
Mad Max