Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

That's two VERY surprising ratings for two VERY disliked movies, dadgumblah.

I've only seen The Lone Ranger and I hated it.
That's cool. I knew both movies were almost universally hated, and I just don't get it. I mean, I can see disliking them, but out-and-out hating them? Pretty strong reaction, but that's your right. I come from a standpoint of "entertain me first." Whether a movie is a piece of art comes second for me, if at all. That's pretty much why I usually land in the four popcorn bag area for most of my movies. That's for the re-watchable factor, and maybe the buy the DVD factor. If I don't check my watch during the movie, it's good to excellent in my book.

That's cool. I knew both movies were almost universally hated, and I just don't get it. I mean, I can see disliking them, but out-and-out hating them? Pretty strong reaction, but that's your right. I come from a standpoint of "entertain me first." Whether a movie is a piece of art comes second for me, if at all. That's pretty much why I usually land in the four popcorn bag area for most of my movies. That's for the re-watchable factor, and maybe the buy the DVD factor. If I don't check my watch during the movie, it's good to excellent in my book.
You are completely allowed to like them as much as you want, but love or hate is up to the individual. I don't know how strong a reaction it is if I disliked most of what's about this film. I gave it
and I did that because I didn't like the story, I hated the humor (didn't click with me) and the bloated action seemed stupid to me. The movie just hit all the wrong spots.

But out of all people, I personally do enjoy every genre and every subgenre. I mean, I still love the Fast & Furious franchise and always wait impatiently for the next one. I gave the most recent one a
+ so I definitely like my my fair share of dumb fun. The Lone Ranger was just far from good entertainment in my opinion, but I don't care whether or not someone else likes it. We are all different and if you like it you like it, f*ck everybody else's opinions!

Princess Mononoke

Been watching a lot of anime lately

Overall, I'm becoming a fan of Hayao Miyazaki. I really enjoyed Castle in the Sky and Howl's Moving Castle (although Castle in the Sky is my favorite) and wanted to watch more of his work. I watched this one and, as soon as it was over, I wanted to watch it again. This movie is an anime epic.

Like I always do after I watch a movie, I sat down to write my good and bad points about the movie and was surprised to see that...I couldn't find any bad points in the movie..

I Really, really, reeeeeeeeeaaaaaally liked this movie and hope Hollywood doesn't ruin it by making a remake/live-action adaptation.

Akira

Overall, very good...although the ending is a little f*cked up. Still, I watched a video saying that the director, who's also the writer/cartoonist of the manga, hadn't finished the manga when the movie was released, so I guess this f*cked up ending is made for people to encourage them to read the manga.

Another thing that surprised me is the amount of graphic violence in this movie. I've seen violent stuff in movies and mangas alike, but I somehow wasn't prepared completely for this. In the previous anime I watched, Princess Mononoke, there was also a fair amount of graphic violence, but it still objected on showing a lot of blood. In this one the deaths are horrible, and, my, they are gory.

To conclude, I gave this movie a 9.8 taking .2 away because of the ending. Since there is nothing so close in here, I'll give it a

Clue

I saw the ratings they gave this movie, and I was SHOCKED! This had been on my watchlist for a long time, and I really enjoyed this movie. I thought the fact that the actors didn't act comically intentionally. The fact that they don't laugh and do comical things, or few, I think is even more hilarious.

However, it seems not all people think like me, so...well...I guess I have to accept it.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. I laughed at almost everything and I think the fact that there are separate endings for different killers. The acting was very good, especially by Tim Curry. The story was good, the filming and even the spooky feeling at the beginning.

Not being a perfect movie, I still enjoyed it, so I give it a

The Lone Ranger (2013)

Fun Western take on the old radio serial and television series. I was a fan of the series as a kid and the movie, although with a few variations, didn't disappoint me. Both Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer are very funny (even though the series was a drama) and the action and acting are top-notch. Lots of good actors in support here, especially William Fichtner as Butch Cavendish, the Ranger's main nemesis. Since there were no credits at the start of the movie, I knew I recognized the actor playing Cavendish, but with all the scars and withered skin they put on Fichtner's face, I was shocked to find out it was him. The cast also includes Tom Wilkinson, Helena Bonham Carter, Barry Pepper, Stephen Root, and the beautiful Ruth Wilson, whom I'd never heard of before this film. The horse playing Silver steals every scene he's in, which is no reflection on the actors but an appreciation on how well the horse is trained. The big action is mainly in the first third and the last third, but the middle is great and focuses on Tonto's past quite a bit. Good stuff.

Yes! I agree with you! I saw all the reviews and massacres of this movie and when my mom arrived home saying: "I want to see this movie!", I was expecting a really bad movie.

I was surprised thinking, after we watched it,: "Actually it wasn't that bad. Thumbs up man! (I'd say keep on like that, but don't continue watching movies critics say they're bad 'cause obviously you're gonna find one that's actually bad) Watch all Verbinski movies though, they're awesome (except POT 3 (except for the final sequence))

The Hottie and the Nottie -

To be quite honest, I came in thinking it was going to be horrendous - cheesy lines, unfunny jokes, and just pure horrible acting. After all, it was rated as one of the worst movies of all time.

But, truth be told, I actually quite enjoyed it. The acting was mediocre, at best. The jokes were mildly humorous, and the story was somewhat intriguing. It's not a perfect movie - The Hottie and the Nottie still has flaws - but I did find it somewhat enjoyable to watch.

Welcome to the human race...
The Last Boy Scout -

Finally, a likable Tony Scott movie that isn't True Romance.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The precursor to the modern day video game adaptation movie, except they nailed it here. I think part of my affinity stems from the board game at my grandmother's that was missing pieces.

Been slacking a little in this thread. Here are the last two flicks me and the GF saw on date nights.

I love this flick. I have for a long time. My lady liked it too, but cringed whenever the Russian was spoke. The language used and grammar was fine, but the pronunciation was apparently very painful. But she thought the movie was still good.

My GF adored this movie. Thought it was great. I warned her it was a dark comedy, but she was down for it. Plus it was on her list of flicks to see. Anyway my lady is laughing so hard at certain parts I gotta pause the flick so she could compose herself. Especially when Slim Pickens is reading out the contents of the survival kit, she starts dying. I was very glad she liked it so much since it is one of my top ten favorite movies.

North by Northwest (1959)

Top-notch film making by one of the greatest directors.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Night of the Hunter - 8/10

Second viewing, but not sure if I noticed one of the most beautiful parts in the film. When the boy John finally opens up, holds Ms. Cooper by the hand, and finally warms up to her after being so shy. Lots of great one-lines. Wish Laughton would have directed more - more to choose from, and from an actor's point of view.

I've been distracted, might watch it again. I thought since I saw it before, I didn't have to have my eyes glued to the TV like I'd like to, which is why I didn't want to watch another new film, since I did that earlier.

...but I don't care whether or not someone else likes it. We are all different and if you like it you like it, f*ck everybody else's opinions!
Damn skippy! I'm with you in that I like what I like. And yes, "f*ck everybody else's opinions!" except that I AM interested in other peoples' opinions, just to see what it is about a movie that makes people like or dislike them. MM, I liked that you told what you hated about The Lone Ranger. I like other points of view.

I'm glad to see love recently for Night of the Hunter and Clue although I need to re-watch Clue as I haven't seen it in years. Remembered loving it, though.