Phantom Thread

Tools    

Production has begun. The greatest talent in modern American cinema is back!

We'll undoubtedly receive more information along the way, but we already know that it's a period drama that takes place in the fashion world of London in the 1950s, starring Daniel-Day Lewis!

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.be/2...tled-paul.html

Finally something to truly look forward to again with all my heart!

PTA's last three films constitute, in my opinion, his best streak thus far. Hoping that streak continues!

PTA is arguably my favorite director or at least top 3... I was underwhelmed and disappointed with his last, Inherent Vice. Not that I hated it, but it just wasn't on par with his other works. Awesome he tried something so different though. And it was still competently made.

So yeah, this is still gonna be one of my most anticipated upcoming movies.

Of course I'm pumped. I'd be excited if Paul Thomas Anderson was directing a My Little Pony movie, I don't care what it is. He can do no wrong.

https://thefilmstage.com/news/lesley...ons-next-film/

Summary of the article:

Johnny Greenwood is back for the music score. Some cast members have been confirmed (read it in the article). PTA might function as his own DP on this project. The film will probably get a late 2017 release.

TIME TO GET EXCITED!

SYNOPSIS REVEALED!

https://thefilmstage.com/news/full-s...hantom-thread/

Set in the glamour of 1950s post-war London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock (Daniel Day-Lewis) and his sister Cyril (Lesley Manville) are at the center of British fashion, dressing royalty, movie stars, heiresses, socialites, debutants and dames with the distinct style of The House of Woodcock. Women come and go through Woodcock’s life, providing the confirmed bachelor with inspiration and companionship, until he comes across a young, strong-willed woman, Alma (Vicky Krieps), who soon becomes a fixture in his life as his muse and lover. Once controlled and planned, he finds his carefully tailored life disrupted by love. With his latest film, Paul Thomas Anderson paints an illuminating portrait both of an artist on a creative journey, and the women who keep his world running. Phantom Thread is Paul Thomas Anderson’s eighth movie, and his second collaboration with Daniel Day-Lewis.

Trailer will be released very soon.

This might just do nobody any good.
Rumor has it that this will be a lot kinkier than at first glance.

We’ll see...

Rumor has it that this will be a lot kinkier than at first glance.

We’ll see...
From the article:

"Mike Leigh directing Fifty Shades of Grey"

It certainly looks like it's going to be something very unique. That's to be expected from a PTA film, though.

If a moderator could change the title of this thread to Paul Thomas Anderson's Phantom Thread, that would be very much appreciated.

Because PTA is such a contemporary of Altman I can't help thinki by about Ready To Wear since this has been announced. Bringing Up Fifty Shades doesn't exactly get me excited either. It's PTA and DDL though, so I can't wait.

It’s been pointed out that, based off recent public appearances, DDL has taken cues from his character and improved his fashion sense.

It’s going to be hard being objective about this.