UK members

Tools    

Hey

Where do you guys buy your Blu Rays, DVDs and booklets from? Other than charity shops and HMV. Is there any good places in London?

Thanks!

Hey

Where do you guys buy your Blu Rays, DVDs and booklets from? Other than charity shops and HMV. Is there any good places in London?

Thanks!
I’m British, but I’m not in the UK. What is a “booklet”?

Stores, or Elon Musk's kids' names?

I kid. It's too bad Virgin Megastore isn't around any more because I had a blast going through it. Is it missed?

Stores, or Elon Musk's kids' names?

I kid. It's too bad Virgin Megastore isn't around any more because I had a blast going through it. Is it missed?
Virgin became Zavvi - but closed like 80% of it's high street stores. I suppose HMV is the same thing though so it's not exactly a hole in the high street.

Like most things shopping - alot is done online now.

I’m British, but I’m not in the UK. What is a “booklet”?
booklets that come with a lot of Blu Rays by Arrow, Criterion, Eureka etc

HMV is the only physical shop where I am. In the UK we are not blessed with say independent film shops. No shops that I can think of anyway.

I think HMV is the best we have. It has all sorts and separate sections for criterion, arrow and so on.

For me, HMV and online.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Yeah HMV is the only place left really. My family used to own a small independent video store in Edinburgh for over 20 years but we gave it up when more streaming services poped up as that was more in demand.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

HMV is the only physical shop where I am. In the UK we are not blessed with say independent film shops. No shops that I can think of anyway.

I think HMV is the best we have. It has all sorts and separate sections for criterion, arrow and so on.

For me, HMV and online.
At least you have HMV. All dvd stores here have gone belly up.