What is wrong with jake gyllenhal

Tools    

Have you guys ever considered weighing, say, how unpleasant a commute or job is against the salary? Have you ever considered taking less money for a shorter drive, or to work at a place you liked a bit more? Same idea. Except in the case of someone like this they already have as much money as they'll ever need, so it makes even more sense to take other things into consideration.

Really seems like people forget that famous people are still, ya' know, human.
he could have been like Chris Evans, for example, someone who came to the silver screen a few years later but still we know who he is, he is Captain America.... whenever u see him u say, oh captain america, but jake gyllenhal.......let s not get into that

You're kinda just talking past my point, though, and repeating the same presuppositions that I'm asking people to question.

When you say he "could have been Chris Evans," what does that mean? It sounds like it means he could have reached whatever level Chris Evans has, but in your mind. Sounds like just sheer fame? But not everyone cares about that the same amount that you do. And even if they did, it wouldn't obligate the actors to care commensurately. Maybe he cares about the admiration of his peers rather than the frequency with which he's likely to be recognized around the world (especially when the relative levels are "very famous" vs "very very famous."

That's kinda my whole point here: people are bemoaning what could have been, without necessarily examining how they're measuring these people against each other, or entertaining the idea that maybe that measure isn't universal. It's taking personal preferences and considerations and just assuming everyone thinks that way, even though they obviously don't.

Jake Gyllenhaal is instantly recognisable to me, wouldn't recognise Chris Evans in a line-up in a month of Sundays though.
Just sayin'.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
*Jus Jakin'

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Jake Gyllenhaal is instantly recognisable to me, wouldn't recognise Chris Evans in a line-up in a month of Sundays though.
Just sayin'.
This is like saying Mars chocolate isn t known to anyone in the world, chris evans is synonymous with captain america, there can never be another captain america..

Hehe.

I never thought much of him until Nightcrawler and Zodiac. Now I'm a pretty huge fan, though, yeah. Genuinely talented dude, and I like that he keeps gravitating towards interesting projects, rather than thinking of his fame and money as a video game score to be run up.

He's no Chris Evans though is he

So I'm told, anyway

Welcome to the human race...
This dude has more threads in the same ballpark?

I’d be damned... I better get to reading!
It's gotten to the point where I miss when he first showed up here and he did these threads along the lines of how DiCaprio wasn't a particularly good actor because he seemed like he was trying too hard to win awards and acclaim for their own sake rather than simply being a good actor who did good films like Christian Bale. Now I realise that he's not only filled in a top 10 but that he's picked four DiCaprio movies for it. Go figure.

... there can never be another captain america..
Thank God for that.

Thank God for that.
That means u like chris evans

I think he is a very good actor. His body of work is pretty alright. I am not a huge fan of him. But the dude can act. And I respect that. Donnie Darko will stand the test of time for sure. Nightcrawler, maybe.

When it comes to box office mega bucks, it barely counts for an actor. If that were the case, Adam Sandler would hardly have a career now. Movies are memorable because of the stories they tell, not coz of the money it makes.

As far as Chris Evans goes, I have a rough idea what he looks like, but still might have to check IMDB to see the cast list. His acting is barely noticeable.

For muscle dudes, Tom Hardy is the only one I can think of that has a brilliant acting range. But then again he is British, so he has to be.

Villeneuve's Enemy (2013) is one of my favorites with Gyllenhaal. It was a tricky part, which he brought off very well. And the film had one of the most shocking endings I've seen in years. It really sticks in one's mind.