Help me with 2022 Movie Recommendations

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You'd be passing on my favorite movie of 2022 so far. First half is very funny. Second half is more melancholic. The dialects isn't that bad and gore isn't something you wouldn't see in an average action flick. The Banshees of Inisherin is a great movie.
It's a great film but it hits on several things that GbGoodies doesn't like

WARNING: spoilers below

Jenny the Donkey's Death
the need for Subtitles
The dismembered hand

Now I'm not sure what to do about The Banshees of Inisherin.

I'll keep it on my list for now, but I'll drop it down a bit because I have so many movies to watch that I probably won't get through all of them anyway. So if I have time for it, I might watch it.

But I'm still willing to listen to anyone who may have any other opinions about it.

Thanks for the help.

So I really enjoyed The Lost City. Very goofy and sweet and fun. Would recommend, Bullock and Tatum are great and Radcliffe is very funny in his supporting role.
The Lost City sounds like my kind of movie. It's near the top of my watchlist.

I loved Everything Everywhere All at Once. Would you love it? I'm not sure. It does have subtitles for a fair chunk and a few gross-out moments. But it's also very sweet in its own way.
I have Everything Everywhere All at Once on my DVR already because I recorded it before the MoFo Awards thread was posted. The only thing I knew about it at the time was that it was getting great reviews. I haven't decided whether or not I'll watch it yet, but I haven't deleted it from my DVR yet either.

I thought Morbius was bad. Really bad. The Munsters movie was not good.
Yeah, Hubby decided to skip Morbius because he heard it was terrible, so I won't be watching it.

But he wants to see The Munsters, so that's still a possibility if we get to it soon.

The Sea Beast was generally charming. I saw The Fabelmans in theaters and I think you might like it more than I did. I was very medium on Glass Onion, despite having really loved Knives Out.
I don't know much about The Sea Beast except that it's animated, and Karl Urban is listed in the credits, so I'm basically going into it blind, but I'm glad to hear that you liked it. That gives me high hopes for it.

I've been a Spielberg fan since his early days, so I would watch The Fabelmans even if it had gotten bad reviews, but the majority of the reviews I've heard have been good, so I'm looking forward to this movie.

I liked Knives Out, but I didn't love it, so I don't have high expectations for Glass Onion, but my curiosity makes me want to see it anyway.

One that isn't on your list (unless I missed it) is Apollo 10 1/2 which is really sweet and fun.
I don't think I've heard of Apollo 10 1/2, but I added it to my watchlist. Thanks for the recommendations.

The Fabelmans, Thirteen Lives, and Marcel the Shell are all great choices.

I'd also recommend Apollo 10 1/2 and Rosaline.

I might also recommend The Wonder. It's about a nurse watching a girl who refuses to eat. There is one fairly brief scene in which someone attempts to force feed her, but I don't think it's too difficult or depressing a watch.

Missed that Apollo been recommended a couple times, but now it's been recommended a few times.

The Fabelmans, Thirteen Lives, and Marcel the Shell are all great choices.

I'd also recommend Apollo 10 1/2 and Rosaline.

I might also recommend The Wonder. It's about a nurse watching a girl who refuses to eat. There is one fairly brief scene in which someone attempts to force feed her, but I don't think it's too difficult or depressing a watch.

Thanks for the help.

I haven't heard of Rosaline or The Wonder, but I just took a quick look at the synopsis for each of them.

Rosaline sounds like it could be my kind of movie, but I'm not sure about The Wonder. I'm hit or miss with depressing movies, so it could go either way, but I added both movies to my list.

Apollo 10 1/2 sounds interesting too.

Thanks for the help.

I haven't heard of Rosaline or The Wonder, but I just took a quick look at the synopsis for each of them.

Rosaline sounds like it could be my kind of movie, but I'm not sure about The Wonder. I'm hit or miss with depressing movies, so it could go either way, but I added both movies to my list.

Apollo 10 1/2 sounds interesting too.

The Wonder is very much an "it's your call" kind of suggestion. I just watched it for the second time, so it's on my mind.

The Wonder is very much an "it's your call" kind of suggestion. I just watched it for the second time, so it's on my mind.

It's tough with depressing movies because some of them are great movies, so I don't mind watching them once, but I wouldn't want to watch them a second time, and others have some bright spots in them that make them worth watching multiple times, even though there are parts that make me want to cry my eyes out.

I guess I'll find out which type this is when I watch it.