Minute Reviews w/ KSchad Official Thread

→ in
Tools    

Hey everyone!

Instead of bogging down the forum with constant threads, I figured I'd start a single thread and update it as I release reviews. I'll start out simple today with a Quick Thoughts. In Quick Thoughts, I review a movie (or TV show) in 2 minutes or less. I grade on an A-F scale. Today's review:

*The video thumbnail would be here, but the attachments/uploader isn't agreeing with me lol*
My Father's Dragon on Netflix. An animated film with a great cast, including Gaten Matarazzo, Ian McShane, Judy Greer and more, My Father's Dragon is a fun and charming film. I give My Father's Dragon a B+

Check out the full Quick Thoughts review below! I hope you enjoy. Like and subscribe if you do, and feel free to discuss the movie here or on the video if you've seen it, too!

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is the much anticipated sequel to 2018's Black Panther. Without the Black Panther himself, Chadwick Boseman, it was tough to picture them continuing. With strong performances all around, a great story and emotional tributes to Boseman, I feel they certainly pulled it off. Despite the CGI not being the best, and there being A LOT happening, I give Black Panther 2 an A!

Check out the full Minute Review below! I hope you enjoy. Like and subscribe if you do, and feel free to discuss the movie here or on the video if you've seen it, too!

A Christmas Story Christmas is the long awaited (really?) sequel to the classic A Christmas Story. While absolutely unnecessary, the film brings back the original kid actors, now all grown up. That includes Ralphie himself, Peter Billingsley. Despite being an unnecessary sequel, the movie is actually fun and heartwarming. I give A Christmas Story 2 a B!

Check out the Quick Thoughts review below! I hope you enjoy. Like and subscribe if you do, and feel free to discuss the movie here or on the video if you've seen it, too!

Bones and All is based on a book of the same name and stars Timothee Chalamet & Taylor Russell. A movie about cannibal lovers may invoke thoughts of "generic romantic teen drama," but the movie is way better than expected. Some may feel uneasy about the whole cannibal aspect of the film, but strong performance by the leads definitely makes the movie worth watching. I give Bones and All a B!

Check out the Quick Thoughts review below! I hope you enjoy. Like and subscribe if you do, and feel free to discuss the movie here or on the video if you've seen it, too!

The Menu stars the great Ralph Fiennes and Anya Taylor-Joy in a film that successfully blends multiple genres together. Also featuring like the likes of John Leguizamo, Nicholas Hoult, Janet McTeer and Aimee Carrero, the film is superbly acted. Featuring twists and turns everywhere, this movie will keep you guessing from beginning to end. I give The Menu an A

Check out the full Minute Review below! I hope you enjoy. Like and subscribe if you do, and feel free to discuss the movie here or on the video if you've seen it, too!

Harvey Weinstein is a piece of s***. End of story. Now see the story of taking him down on the big screen. Both Carey Mulligan and Zoe Kazan give fantastic performances as the two reporters that break the story that started the Me Too Movement. While the movie can be a bit dull at times (cause, you know, it's tough to make such a sensitive subject matter exciting to watch), the film is still quite good. I give She Said a B+!

Strange World is Disney's latest animated outing and has a great voice cast including Jake Gyllenhaal, Lucy Liu, Gabrielle Union and Dennis Quaid. Full of adventure and a nice twist, the film doesn't waste time getting right to the action. It's a great film to see with the family this Thanksgiving weekend, or by yourself (like me lol). I give Strange World an A-

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special may be a "television special," but I consider it a short film. It's both really. Anyway, the mighty James Gunn returns to Marvel for his second to last MCU project before he becomes exclusive to DC. This Holiday Special is fun, hysterical, charming, heartwarming, and literally...perfect. Despite it's 45 minute runtime, this short may very well be the best of MCU Phase 4. At the very least, it's the perfect way to end this phase. I give The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special an A+

Slumberland stars James Momoa, and the film was hated by the "professional" critics. I say ignore them! While Slumberland isn't perfect, the film is a fun adventure. Add in some humor and some heartwarming moments, and the movie is definitely worth a watch. I give Slumberland a B+

Good reads so far! All the positivity about The Menu is pushing me towards seeing it

Good reads so far! All the positivity about The Menu is pushing me towards seeing it
Thank you! I highly recommend The Menu. Overall, I'd say it's the best movie I saw in November

Starring David Harbour of Stranger Things fame, Violent Night isn't your typical Christmas movie. While it does feature some heartwarming moments between Harbour's Santa Claus and a child, the meat of this movie is without a doubt the violence. But it's well balanced violence. The action scenes featuring Harbour's Santa mowing through bad guys are both exciting and hysterical. While the same old "Christmas Spirit is dying" cliché is behind the overall story, I still give Violent Night a solid B

Check out the Minute Review below! I hope you enjoy. Like and subscribe if you do, and feel free to discuss the movie here or on the video if you've seen it, too!

Troll (2022) is the latest foreign film to hit Netflix. Mixing Scandinavian folklore with monster action, the film does a great job in presenting legend and monsters. Troll is very well acted by the leads, has amazing CGI and great action. I highly recommend this movie for anyone who loves (or even just likes) monster movies. I give Troll (2022) at B+

Check out the Minute Review below! I hope you enjoy. Like and subscribe if you do, and feel free to discuss the movie here or on the video if you've seen it, too!

** Thumbnail wouldn't upload **
The latest adaptation of Lady Chatterley's Lover is on Netflix and stars Emma Corrin as Lady Chatterley herself. The film is a pretty basic, paint by numbers book adaptation. Nothing really special about it...except Emma Corrin. She absolutely shines in this movie. In fact, she's the only thing about this new adaptation that shines. She's the only reason I give Lady Chatterley's Lover (2022) a B

Guillermo Del Toro brings his vision of Pinocchio to life on Netflix. With beautiful stop motion animation and an amazing voice cast, Del Toro's Pinocchio is leagues better than Disney's recent live action remake. While it's not as dark as the original tale, it definitely darker than anything Disney has put out with the character. I give Guillmero Del Toro's Pinocchio an A

Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again is the fourth film in the NatM franchise, and a direct sequel to the last film Secret of the Tomb. Being animated and featuring the voices of zero original cast members, Kahmunrah Rises Again simply sets out to do one thing: to be a fun movie for the kids. And that's exactly what it is. While it didn't resonant much with me as an adult, children will definitely love this movie. I give Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again a C

Something from Tiffany's is based on a book of the same name. I've never read the book, but the movie is as generic as they come in terms of romantic comedies. With cliche on top of cliche on top of cliche, this movie does nothing different to set itself apart from others of the same genre. It's only saving grace are the performances. Zoey Deutch, Kendrick Sampson, Leah Jefferies, Jojo Gibbs and Javicia Leslie (despite a very small part) are absolutely fantastic in their roles. Unfortunately, though, they're not enough to save the film. I give Something from Tiffany's a D+

Check out the full Quick Thoughts review below! I hope you enjoy. Like and subscribe if you do, and feel free to discuss the movie here or on the video if you've seen it, too!

Empire of Light is a very well acted film. Olivia Colman, Michael Ward, Colin Firth and Toby Jones are phenomenal in the film. The movie is consistently telling us that "movies are magic," but the problem is...it doesn't show us. While the movie is visually beautiful at times, it's too busy telling us about the magic of cinema instead of showing us. I give Empire of Light a C, but that's only because of the great performances of the cast.

It took 13 years, but Avatar 2 is finally here! Titled Avatar: The Way of Water, we follow the Na'vi on their planet of Pandora as they once again fight for their lives against humans. So basically, it's the same plot as the first movie. There are some differences in plot, though: like the reason the humans are going after the Na'vi this time and the presentation of the villain (even though it's the same villain as the first film...). Avatar 2 is an absolutely gorgeous movie with probably what are the best special effects ever presented on screen. It's worth seeing just see how beautiful the movie is. Despite having roughly the same plot, everything else about this film is amazing, so I give Avatar: The Way of Water an A

Nanny stars Anna Diop in a film about trying to achieve the American dream. This is definitely a different kind of performance I've seen from Diop compared to her most well-known role as Starfire on DC Titans. She puts in a great dramatic performance here. Mixing drama with some Psychological horror, the film surprised me with an overall strong story, even if it was a bit head-scratching at times. I give Nanny a B