Moviefan1988's Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

#91. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)
Director: Jon Watts
Writers: Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers and Stan Lee(based on the Marvel comic book by)
Stars: Tom Holland, Zendaya, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jacob Batalon, Jon Favreau, Jamie Foxx, Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, Marisa Tomei, Andrew Garfield, Tobey Maguire, Tony Revolori
Genre: Action, Adventure and Fantasy
Runtime: 2 Hours and 28 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: New York City, NY. Fayetteville and Atlanta, GA.
Distributed by: Columbia Pictures
Release Date: December 17 2021
Did it make the original 100 favorite movies list? No

One of the best Spider-Man movies made and had a blast watching this film. I like how they used different versions of spider man in this one.

"You have a gift. You have power. And with great power, there must also come great responsibility." - May Parker played by Marisa Tomei

Spider-Man: No Way Home is one of my favorite superhero movies. They did a fantastic job of bringing back Tobey Maguire's and Andrew Garfield's versions of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, as well as some of the best villains.

I also loved Dr. Strange so much in this movie that I had to rewatch the first Dr. Strange movie with Benedict Cumberbatch.

What happened to #92?
Thanks for spotting the mistake, I meant to write #92 I fixed it

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

#93. Star Wars (1977)
Director: George Lucas
Writer: George Lucas
Stars: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, David Prowse
Genre: Action, Adventure and Fantasy
Runtime: 2 Hours 1 Minute
Rated PG
Film Locations: USA – Yuma, AR, Death Valley National Park, CA
Other Countries – Jerba, Nefta, Chott el Djeri, Matmata, Tozeur, Sidi Bouhel, Tunisia. Tikal National Park, Guatemala. Campeche, Mexico. Bedfordshire and
on sets at Elstree Studios in Borehamwood, UK.
Distributed by: 20th Century Fox
Release Date: May 25 1977
Did it make the original 100 favorite movies list? Yes

For a movie that's rated PG, it sure shows me that it can still be a good movie especially when it's an action and adventure film. Star Wars is great for its creativity and excitement, If I were to pick my favorite characters it would be Han Solo and Chewbacca.

it makes me wonder if Han Solo can actually tell what chewy even says. I wish Yoda was in this movie, he's my favorite also.

“The Force is strong with this one.” - Darth Vader played by James Earl Jones

Star Wars Return of the Jedi as an honorable mention. Empire Strikes Back was decent. The other star wars films were alright, the rest if the films are alright, I haven't seen the newer ones, the last ones I saw was The Force Awakens and the Rise of Luke Skywalker which were alright movies.

#94. No Escape (2015)
Director: John Erick Dowdle
Writers: John Erick Dowdle and Drew Dowdle
Stars: Owen Wilson, Lake Bell, Pierce Brosnan, Sterling Jerins, Claire Geare
Genre: Action and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour 43 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Chiang Mai and Lampang, Thailand. Cambodia
Distributed by: The Weinstein Company
Release Date: August 25 2015

This movie was surprisingly good and a fun one to watch as we see how this family survive this horrible attack while they relocating to Asia. One of my favorite Owen Wilson movies, he did a decent job in this film.

"If we die here tomorrow, it will have been worth it." - Annie Dwyer played as Lake Bell

#95. Boyz N the Hood (1991)
Director: John Singleton
Writer: John Singleton
Stars: Cuba Gooding Jr., Laurence Fishburne, Hudhail Al-Amir, Renee Bassett, Lexie Bigham
Genre: Crime and Drama
Runtime: 1 Hour and 52 Minutes
Rated R
Film Location: Los Angeles, CA
Release Date: July 12 1991

An exciting and intense hood tale that shows you the struggles of the gang life in south central LA and the cast was good in this movie especially Lawrence Fishbourne that plays the father that tells his son (Cuba Gooding Jr.) what happens when he gets involved into gang violence and wants him to have a better life.

"Rick, it's the Nineties. Can't afford to be afraid of our own people anymore, man." – Furious Styles played by Lawrence Fishbourne

#96. Don't Be a Menace to South Central (1996)
Director: Paris Barclay
Writers: Shawn Wayans, Marlon Wayans and Phil Beauman
Stars: Shawn Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Keenen Ivory Wayans, Tracey Cherelle Jones, Chris Spencer, Suli McCullough
Genre: Comedy and Crime
Runtime: 1 Hour and 29 Minutes
Rated R
Distributed by: Miramax
Release Date: January 12 1996

A spoof movie that makes fun of hood life, which I found it funny and entertaining to watch.

" Never forget, man. Either they don't know... or don't show or just don't care... about bein' a menace to South Central while they drink their juice in the hood. That's what it's all about, Tray. That's what it's all about." - Loc Dog played by Marlon Wayans

#97. Small Soldiers (1998)
Director: Joe Dante
Writers: Gavin Scott, Adam Rifkin
Stars: Kirsten Dunst, Gregory Smith, David Cross, Jay Mohr, Alexandra Wilson, Denis Leary
Genre: Action, Adventure and Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 50 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Yosemite National Park and Los Angeles, CA
Distributed by: Universal Pictures
Release Date: July 10 1998

A movie that takes you on a good adventure about real life speaking toys going to war against each other.

You got the Commandoes Elite going against the gorgonites and seeing humans get involved in this silly little battle also. It was great to see Kirsten Dunst in this movie, she was looked cute in this one.

"We're not toys, we're action figures!" - Chip Hazard played by Tommy Lee Jones

#98. Panic Room (2002)
Director: David Fincher
Writer: David Koepp
Stars: Jodie Foster, Kristen Stewart, Forest Whitaker, Dwight Yoakam, Jared Leto, Patrick Bauchau
Genre: Crime, Drama and Thriller
Rated R
Film Locations: Manhattan, NY and Manhattan Beach, CA
Release Date: March 29 2002

A nice tense thriller movie about a mother and daughter buying this new luxurious 4 story brownstone that has this panic room just in case intruders break in.

Little did they know, three burglars break into house overnight, hoping to find some money. Kristen and Jodie did a good job at their lead roles.

“I wish I could put my kid in a place like this. Not that I didn't try. Just sometimes things they don't work out the way you want them to. Wasn't supposed to be like this. You weren't supposed to be here.” – Burnham played by Forest Whittaker

#99. The Purge: Anarchy (2014)
Director: James DeMonaco
Writer: James DeMonaco(characters created by)
Stars: Frank Grillo, Carmen Ejogo, Zach Gilfor, Kiele Sanchez, Zoë Soul, Michael Kenneth Williams
Genre: Action, Horror and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 43 Minutes
Rated R
Release Date: July 18 2014

Imo, the best film in the series and a guilty pleasure movie for me. In this movie it brings you in the middle of the action on the streets of Los Angeles and it was fun seeing how the characters try to survive purge night.

“Get ready to bleed, rich bitches! This is our time now!” Carmelo played by Michael Kenneth Williams

A good and creepy song for the ending credits

#100. The Purge Election Year (2016)
Director: James DeMonaco
Writer: James DeMonaco(characters created by)
Stars: Frank Grillo, Elizabeth Mitchell, Mykelti Williamson, Joseph Julian Soria, Betty Gabriel
Genre: Action, Horror and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 48 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Woonsocket and Providence, MD
Release Date: July 1 2016

My 2nd favorite from the purge series and as always I find it humorous to watch all these dumbasses that go out to purge thinking there unkillable and just get shot up with in seconds by some other people, it's like a bloody chain reaction.

"The soul of our country is at stake." - Senator Charlie Roan played by Elizabeth Mitchell

The first and 4th purge movie were alright, the 5th one as an honorable mention.

The Stats Part 2

Movies with the most film distribution so far
Universal Pictures - 26
Paramount Pictures - 16
Columbia Pictures - 12
Warner Bros. - 8
New Line Cinema - 6
20th Century Fox - 5
Dimension Films - 4
Blumhouse Productions - 3
Sony Pictures - 3
Walt Disney Studios - 2
Films from different film distributors - 15 (1 point each)

Decade Breakdown for list so far
70's - 8
80's - 20
90s - 22
2000s - 22
2010s - 24
2020s - 3

Films with the most genre types
Action – 11
Adventure - 6
Animation – 3
Comedy - 22
Comedy/Horror - 8
Crime - 13
High School/College – 13
Horror – 14
Superheroes - 4
Thriller - 8

I'll be adding more movies on Christmas Eve and kicking off #101 with a Christmas movie also

#101. Die Hard (1988)
Director: John McTiernan
Writers: Roderick Thorp (based on the novel by) and Jeb Stuart (screenplay by)
Stars: Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman, Bonnie Bedelia, Paul Gleason, Reginald Veljohnson, Alan Rickman
Runtime: 2 Hours and 12 Minutes
Rated R
Release Date: July 20 1988

John McClane as one of my favorite action movie characters and Willis does an outstanding job playing as a NYC police detective that was invited by his wife to a Christmas party in Los Angeles and using his skills for survival against the bad guys that crash the party by holding the building hostage. This movie was a great action packed film and it was a lot of fun watching it.

"Yippie Kai Yay Motherf*cker."- John McClane played by Bruce Willis

#102. Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995)
Director: John McTiernan
Writers: Jonathan Hensleigh and Roderick Thorp (certain original characters by)
Stars: Bruce Willis, Jeremy Irons, Samuel L. Jackson, Graham Greene, Colleen Camp
Genre: Action, Adventure and Thriller
Runtime: 2 Hours and 8 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Westchester County, New York City, NY. Beaufort, Berkeley County, Charleston, Dorchester, SC. Jessup, MD. Fairfield County, CT
Release Date: May 19 1995

John McClane fighting off criminals once again but this time teaming up with this Harlem store owner named Zues (Samuel L Jackson) to stop this German terrorist named Simon from trying to set off bombs throughout the NYC area. This movie sure is a cooland fun action-packed film to watch.

"Yippie Kai Yay Motherf*cker."- John McClane played by Bruce Willis

#103. Live Free or Die Hard (2007)
Director: Len Wiseman
Writers: John Carlin(based upon the article "A Farewell to Arms" by), Roderick Thorp(certain original character by) and Mark Bomback(story by)
Stars: Bruce Willis, Justin Long, Timothy Olyphant, Maggie Q
Runtime: 2 Hours and 8 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Baltimore, MD. Los Angeles, CA. Washington DC. Philadelphia, PA. Camden, NJ
Release Date: June 27 2007

This was a fun explosive action-packed installment to the Die Hard franchise as always it’s great to see John McLane (Bruce Willis) fight off the bad guys. This time he teams up with some young hacker (Justin Long to stop this cyber terrorist that’s causing mayhem in Washington DC.

"Another day in paradise."- John McClane played by Bruce Willis

Die Hard 2 as an honorable mention. The 5th movie was alright.

#104. Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
Director: Ron Howard
Writers: Dr. Seuss(book), Jeffrey Price(screenplay) and Peter S. Seaman(screenplay)
Stars: Jim Carrey, Taylor Momsen, Kelley, Jeffrey Tambor, Christine Baranski, Bill Irwin, Molly Shannon
Genre: Comedy, Family and Fantasy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 44 Minutes
Rated PG
Film Location: Universal City, CA - took place at Universal Studio Lots
Release Date: November 17 2000

A good tale about how the Grinch stole Christmas and Carrey makes it an interesting and funny movie as he plays the Grinch.

"I tell you Max, I don't know why I ever leave this place. I've got all the company I need right here." The Grinch played by Jim Carrey

Movies with the most film distribution so far
Universal Pictures - 26
Paramount Pictures - 16
Columbia Pictures - 12
Warner Bros. - 8
New Line Cinema - 6
20th Century Fox - 5
Dimension Films - 4
Blumhouse Productions - 3
Walt Disney Studios - 2
Sony Pictures - 2
Films from different film distributors - 15 (1 point each)

Out of curiosity, is Universal your favorite distributor? Mine's usually switching between Warner and 20th.

#34. Easy A (2010)
Director: Will Gluck
Writer: Bert V. Royal
Stars: Emma Stone, Amanda Bynes, Penn Badgley, Dan Byrd, Aly Michalka, Thomas Haden Church, Patricia Clarkson, Malcolm McDowell
Genre: Comedy, Drama and Romance
Runtime: 1 Hour and 32 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Filming Location: Ojai, CA
Distributed by: Screen Gems
Release Date: September 17 2010

A movie about how spreading bad rumors in high school can lead to bad things and when it backfires it turns ugly. Emma Stone as Olive Penderghast did a fine job telling the story of the movie and giving us the final blow at the end to those that get very nosy in people's business especially to the ones at her school.

" I might even lose my virginity to him. I don't know when it will happen. You know, maybe in five minutes, or tonight, or six months from now, or maybe on the night of our wedding. But the really amazing thing is, it is nobody's god damn business."

This was a cute movie...LOVED Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson as Olive's parents.

#98. Panic Room (2002)
Director: David Fincher
Writer: David Koepp
Stars: Jodie Foster, Kristen Stewart, Forest Whitaker, Dwight Yoakam, Jared Leto, Patrick Bauchau
Genre: Crime, Drama and Thriller
Rated R
Film Locations: Manhattan, NY and Manhattan Beach, CA
Release Date: March 29 2002

A nice tense thriller movie about a mother and daughter buying this new luxurious 4 story brownstone that has this panic room just in case intruders break in.

Little did they know, three burglars break into house overnight, hoping to find some money. Kristen and Jodie did a good job at their lead roles.

“I wish I could put my kid in a place like this. Not that I didn't try. Just sometimes things they don't work out the way you want them to. Wasn't supposed to be like this. You weren't supposed to be here.” – Burnham played by Forest Whittaker

Liked this movie a lot...Foster and Whitaker were excellent.

Out of curiosity, is Universal your favorite distributor? Mine's usually switching between Warner and 20th.
I don't have really a favorite film distributor, it's just the films I decide that comes next on the list ends up being mostly from Universal.

#105. Toy Story (1995)
Director: John Lasseter
Writer: John Lasseter (original story by) and Pete Docter (original story by)
Stars: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Don Rickles, Jim Varney(voice), Wallace Shawn(voice), John Ratzenberger(voice), Annie Potts(voice), John Morris(voice), Erik von Detten(voice), Laurie Metcalf(voice)
Genre: Animation, Adventure and Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 21 Minutes
Rated G
Film Location: Pixar Animation Studios, Burbank, CA
Distributed by: Buena Vista Pictures Distribution
Release Date: November 22 1995

One of the first movies that I have ever seen in theaters and it was a fun movie to watch, seeing Andy's toys come to life when no humans around and get the chills when birthdays and Christmases come because they do not want to be replaced or ignored for a new toy that Andy ends up getting.

Imo, this film is the one of the best animated movies out there and got a cool catchy theme song as the movie starts.

“To infinity, and beyond!” - Buzz Lightyear played by Tim Allen

#106. Toy Story 2 (1999)
Directors: John Lasseter, Ash Brannon(co-director) and Lee Unkrich(co-director)
Writers: John Lasseter(original story by),Pete Docter(original story by) and Ash Brannon(original story by)
Stars: Tom Hanks(voice), Tim Allen(voice), Joan Cusack(voice), Kelsey Grammer(voice), Jim Varney(voice), Wallace Shawn(voice), John Ratzenberger(voice), Annie Potts(voice), John Morris(voice), Laurie Metcalf(voice)
Genre: Animation, Adventure and Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 32 Minutes
Rated G
Film Location: Pixar Animation Studios, Burbank, CA
Distributed by: Buena Vista Pictures Distribution
Release Date: November 24 1999

One of my favorite movie sequels and it was nice to see new toys get added to the film as well.

"You never forget kids like Emily, or Andy, but they forget you." Jessie played by Joan Cusack

#107. A Christmas Story (1983)
Director: Bob Clark
Writers: Jean Shepherd, Leigh Brown and Bob Clark
Stars: Peter Billingsley, Melinda Dillon, Darren McGavin, Scott Schwartz, Jean Shepherd, Ian Petrella
Genre: Comedy and Family
Runtime: 1 Hour and 33 Minutes
Rated PG
Film Locations: Cleveland, OH and Toronto Ontario, Canada
Distributed by: MGM Entertainment Company
Release Date: November 18 1983

A great classic Christmas movie that me and my family watch every year when opening presents on Christmas day.

This film had some good memorable scenes filling up with laughter and a well paced plot with exciting characters and showing us how it was like to ask for that certain thing for Christmas as a kid and not knowing if you're going to get it or not.

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Ovaltine? A crummy commercial? Son of a b*tch!" - Ralphie Parker played by Peter Billingsley

[/url]
#108. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Director: James Gunn
Writers: James Gunn, Nicole Perlman and Dan Abnett(based on the Marvel comics by)
Stars: Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Lee Pace, Karen Gillanm, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close
Runtime: 2 hours and 1 Minute
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Liege, Belgium and England, UK
Distributed by: Walt Disney Studios
Release Date: August 1 2014

It seems like Marvel is on its roll on making their movies look amazing, just like this movie. My favorite character of the movie is Peter Quill because of character's backstory and the actor that plays him.

"Let's get something clear! This one here is our booty. You wanna get to him, you go through us... or, more accurately, we go through you!" - Rocket Racoon played by Bradley Cooper

#109. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Director: James Gunn
Writers: James Gunn, Dan Abnett(based on the Marvel comics by) and Andy Lanning(based on the Marvel comics by)
Stars: Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell
Runtime: 2 hours and 1 Minute
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Cartersville, Fayetteville, Stone Mountain and Atlanta, GA
Distributed by: Walt Disney Studios
Release Date: May 5 2017

A fun action packed sequel and like some of the humor in this movie.

"I Am Groot" - Baby Groot played by Vin Diesel