The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame IV

Tools    

@Takoma11 I remember once you posted a link to a site that listed animal cruelty in films. Can you post that link again? I can't remember what the site was called.
It's called doesthedogdie.com

Between that and the IMDb Parents' Guide, you can usually suss out what happens.

While I don't love animal cruelty in films, it's really just the unsimulated stuff that is a no-go for me.

Between that and the IMDb Parents' Guide, you can usually suss out what happens.

While I don't love animal cruelty in films, it's really just the unsimulated stuff that is a no-go for me.
Thanks I'll check out my movie choice for you at that site.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Making a full dozen! VERY NICE!!

While I am ALWAYS excited when a new HoF pops up, I do find myself just a little bit more for these Personal Recs. For their high amount of "gems" and discovery of such a strong amount of new favorites. Not that it doesn't occur in others, which it does, it's just that, so far, garnered higher amounts here.

Making a full dozen! VERY NICE!!

While I am ALWAYS excited when a new HoF pops up, I do find myself just a little bit more for these Personal Recs. For their high amount of "gems" and discovery of such a strong amount of new favorites. Not that it doesn't occur in others, which it does, it's just that, so far, garnered higher amounts here.
Personal Recs...More gems, less crap

Ugh, I'll think about it. I'm currently swamped, but the last one was so full of gems that I have to consider it.
If you can, let us know by tomorrow evening.

Edit: Saturday evening

I'm off this week and all messed up

Are there any specific directors you don't want to watch?

I might regret it later, but I'm in.

I'm open for any film, but... if you can lean towards shorter films, I'd be more than grateful. Don't think I can handle many 3 hour epics right now.

Just repeating myself:

Not that I'm expecting any of these to be picked but here are a few movies I've watched parts of and turned off because I thought they were, to be nice, not too good ( I don't check off a movie unless I've seen it all the way through):

Marty, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Wild Bunch, Harold and Maude, Goldfinger, Deep Red, Eyes Wide Shut, Dick Tracy, Alphaville, Oliver!, The Sons of Katie Elder, Billy Madison, My Dinner With Andre, Shakespeare in Love, The Birth of a Nation, Bowling for Columbine, Educating Rita. That's about all of them.

Also, not a fan of Woody Allen, James Bond or Charlie Chaplin. Any genre is fine by me but when it comes to love stories/romance, again not a fan but the older the better and it helps if they're a musical.

Just repeating myself:

Not that I'm expecting any of these to be picked but here are a few movies I've watched parts of and turned off because I thought they were, to be nice, not too good ( I don't check off a movie unless I've seen it all the way through):

Marty, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Wild Bunch, Harold and Maude, Goldfinger, Deep Red, Eyes Wide Shut, Dick Tracy, Alphaville, Oliver!, The Sons of Katie Elder, Billy Madison, My Dinner With Andre, Shakespeare in Love, The Birth of a Nation, Bowling for Columbine, Educating Rita. That's about all of them.

Also, not a fan of Woody Allen, James Bond or Charlie Chaplin. Any genre is fine by me but when it comes to love stories/romance, again not a fan but the older the better and it helps if they're a musical.
The only one I have or would consider for you is The Wild Bunch.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I might regret it later, but I'm in.

I'm open for any film, but... if you can lean towards shorter films, I'd be more than grateful. Don't think I can handle many 3 hour epics right now.
Got you pegged for Shoah

Ok that'll probably be it. Go ahead and start sending your noms in 12 hours. First one to send is guaranteed not to have to pick again.
12 hours? What happened to sending them at the stroke of midnight cause that's what I had planned on doing.