Best Of The Year/Every Year

Tools    

@rauldc14 and I will be going through our favorite films and performances starting with 2017 and moving backwards till we run out of movies, die, or most likely just wear ourselves out. Feel free to join in. As with all things Mofo, the more the better.

Looking forward to this. I'll also probably try to join in with this.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Lol, rip-off alert.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Best Picture

I've had a top 5 in my for awhile on this year. Obviously there are a lot of blind spots for me but this is a top 5 that looks seemingly hard to crack. I've had trouble determining an exact order of these five, but this is what it would look like now for me:

1. Lady Bird
2. Florida Project
3. Phantom Thread
4. Shape of Water
5. Darkest Hour

Obviously I'd like to rewatch all 5 at some point before I were to cement any sort of an actual standing but this is how I feel as I've thought more about Florida Project and Phantom Thread than I have Shape of Water and Darkest Hour. Still, all 5 were brilliant for me.

Stay tuned for cinematography and director as well as best scene.

Will try to post my top films of every year as well. Still need to see a few too many important films of 2017 though, so I'll post the films for that year a little later.

Cool thread!

I still haven't seen the big 2017 movies yet.

Top 5 would look something like

1. The Big Sick
2. Get Out
3. Baby Driver
4. Blade Runner 2049
5. Dunkrik

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU

Best Picture

I've had a top 5 in my for awhile on this year. Obviously there are a lot of blind spots for me but this is a top 5 that looks seemingly hard to crack. I've had trouble determining an exact order of these five, but this is what it would look like now for me:

1. Lady Bird
2. Florida Project
3. Phantom Thread
4. Shape of Water
5. Darkest Hour

Obviously I'd like to rewatch all 5 at some point before I were to cement any sort of an actual standing but this is how I feel as I've thought more about Florida Project and Phantom Thread than I have Shape of Water and Darkest Hour. Still, all 5 were brilliant for me.

Stay tuned for cinematography and director as well as best scene.
Lady Bird and Shape of Water are also in my top 5! Magnificent films! Loved Darkest Hour, and I quite liked Florida Project, Phantom Thread is the only movie I still have pending of 2017, will definitely get to it before the Oscars.

2017: Best Picture

01. Twin Peaks: The Return (David Lynch)()
02. The Florida Project (Sean Baker)
03. Good Time (Ben & Josh Safdie)
04. Phantom Thread (Paul Thomas Anderson)
05. LA 92 (Daniel Lindsary & T.J. Martin)

Include Loveless in fifth place if you grumps aren't accepting Twin Peaks. Have really enjoyed 2017 and i like my top 20 a lot, probably because i've got to a higher amount i wanted to by this time of the year than usual. Still plenty i want to see but i think that's a great top five so far.
I need to get back to Twin Peaks. I stopped about halfway through because I was too lazy to wait a week for each episode and since then I just haven't been able to find time to pick it up again.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
My Top 5 of 2017 (can also be found in my Top 10 list)
1. Coco
2. The Shape of Water
3. War for the Planet of the Apes
4. Lady Bird
5. IT

I need to get back to Twin Peaks. I stopped about halfway through because I was too lazy to wait a week for each episode and since then I just haven't been able to find time to pick it up again.
Bump the thread if you start it again, will probably convince me to watch it along with you. So great.

Bump the thread if you start it again, will probably convince me to watch it along with you. So great.
I would but I'm busy with Mad Men and Arrested Development at the moment so it'll have to wait

I would but I'm busy with Mad Men and Arrested Development at the moment so it'll have to wait
Is it your first time seeing Arrested Development as well? Another top five show of mine.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Best Cinematography

Not much will change on this list compared to the best picture list but the order. Florida Project looked stunning and that was on my iPad, can't wait to see what it will look like when it comes out on Blu Ray.

1. Florida Project
2. Shape of Water
3. Phantom Thread
4. Dunkirk
5. Darkest Hour

I'll throw Dunkirk on the list because it looked magnificent, Phantom Thread was one of the greatest theater visual experiences for me this year, and so was Darkest Hour as well. The strength of Shape of Water is definitely the look of the film, which is what places it at number 2.

I'm really surprised by Darkest Hour's inclusion. I have certain biases that would make it hard for me to like that film even if it was well made, but i honestly thought it was a very ugly film

Is it your first time seeing Arrested Development as well? Another top five show of mine.
Yeah. I attempted to start it couple of times before and I always liked it but had to always drop it cause I was busy. I think this is my third attempt at it and this time I've just finished season 1.

Haven't paid much attention to cinematography but I think these deserve a shout

1. Blade Runner 2049
2. Dunkirk
3. The Beguiled