Hollywood and Sexual Misconduct

Tools    

I am too, in fact I have forgiven the girl who once flashed me on the highway. I just wonder if any of us are in the position to forgive in these instances.
We are not. Great point Cricket.

We are not. Great point Cricket.
All I'm saying-- is If that happened to me, overtime, I would forgive.

We're talking about the 'Sexual Misconduct' allegations that have been reigning from Harvey Weinstein, to wherever we are now. There's bound to be loads more. So that's why we're here.

If you want to talk about Roman Polanski or Bill Cosby; It can't be here. (There's probably separate threads for both of them.) And that doesn't necessarily mean you can't bring them up for 'example', or in passing. But just don't make it the subject of the thread.
Not sure I follow. I was just asking why Cosby isn't on the list? Is his misconduct somehow different from the rest (outside of the fact that Cosby seemed to often utilize the M.O. of drugging his victims)?

Because the purpose of the thread is to avoid creating lots of new threads as more revelations come out, which obviously isn't a problem with incidents that have already come out and been discussed. The list isn't meant to be exhaustive; that'd be infeasible.

I think a more salient objection would be whether or not we should have "a list" at all, particularly since the nature of the misconduct varies greatly in frequency and severity among different people on it.

Good idea to have a thread to post updates about new allegations, though.

Because the purpose of the thread is to avoid creating lots of new threads as more revelations come out, which obviously isn't a problem with incidents that have already come out and been discussed. The list isn't meant to be exhaustive; that'd be infeasible.
Oh, Okay. I thought Cosby would be a shoo-in because it seems like his case, even though it's been around for a couple years, was kind of the unofficial kick-off of the "me too" campaign.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Anyone notice this online in the last few months? All the "you men" and all these silly groups who are targeting the wrong people... The superfluous war between men and women. I'd recommend some watching some older movies, shows, to contrast.

Even during the 2016 Elections, all I could hear were the difference in pennies per hour (not factoring other things), but not one mention of physical abuse.

I am too, in fact I have forgiven the girl who once flashed me on the highway. I just wonder if any of us are in the position to forgive in these instances.
What's there to forgive? Wish there was more girls flashing me on the highway.
It would sure encourage me to slow down

I wasn't actually so broken up over it

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Is this really the sort of issue that deserves a pervy joke? i dont think so.Maybe go and behave like that infront of your wife and see how much she appreciates it.

Originally Posted by Captain Steel;1824693

It's a shame... I remember liking "Franken & Davis"
[IMG
http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/FrankenDavis.jpg[/IMG]
I remember liking them on snl as well, and I liked him as a senator - used to hear him talk about issues on Letterman and he came across as intelligent, learned and dedicated to service of this country. Whether you liked his politics or no, he ' s been willing to reach across the aisle to work for the country. He seemed to have gravitas. To be sincere. Trustworthy. Of course all these biggies have cultivated a public image that may mask a venal soul. But REALLY!!!

I know we should be glad, in a way, that these things are seeng the light of day and perhaps ( hopefully) bringing a sea change to this issue- predation. But this one makes me sad, even if it doesn't rise to the Weinstein level of harrassment.

It s just SAD to me. I mean who s next- Tom Hanks?

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Yeah, so do I.

I will also forgive 'Louie.' Though, I don't believe the rest of the industry will.
They are the two cases that don't seem to add up to the controversy.

They both do something, granted inappropriate, a long time ago and get slammed and dragged through the mud by people who already disliked them for their comedy.

They surely both acted stupid but it's not exactly a full-on, criminal case. This is typical adolescent behavior, happens in colleges everywhere and never results in any allegations.

"Mum, Jimmy showed me his wang at school"

"Oh Jennifer, did he hurt you?"

"Well no..."

"That's just kids for you, haha"

But to be serious about it again, there still hasn't been a concrete allegation put through about Louie anyway, so it's hard not to take it with a grain of salt.

NO!!! NOT ROCKY!!! PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS BE TRUE!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...215829008.html
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa