Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Tools    

The truth is in here
I wouldn't worry too much, he hasn't made a "great" flick since 1998's Saving Private Ryan, everything since then has ranged from slightly above average to poor. This is of course my personal opinion.
Minority Report is one of my favorite movies of his career.

I saw a set photo from the movie... I think they're going 1960s for this one...

And it's going to be based around the Space Race.
So basically aliens again probably

Edit: Found it...

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I saw a set photo from the movie... I think they're going 1960s for this one...

And it's going to be based around the Space Race.
So basically aliens again probably

Maybe sort of a remake of Moonraker?

Whatever way they go with it, Indy was never sci-fi or science based.
Crystal Skull went sci-fi, and it failed... and they've seemingly not learned.

The Space Race isn't Indy.
The series was supernatural, based on magic and legends and olde-skool lore.

As much as I love sci-fi... aliens and sci-fi just don't cut it for me with Indiana Jones.

Not feeling that trailer. I feel like they crossed the Rubicon with Crystal skull, and missed their chance to make Indiana Jones a character like James Bond, played by different young actors for newer sequels. Indiana was supposed to be an homage to pulp adventurers, and now he' some old curmudgeon, complaining about getting old. Is that really what people wanted from the character?

It looks like it might be good, but it's sort of a once bitten twice shy kind of a thing after the garbage that was Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We'll see how I feel about it in six months when it's actually released.

Welcome to the human race...
Not feeling that trailer. I feel like they crossed the Rubicon with Crystal skull, and missed their chance to make Indiana Jones a character like James Bond, played by different young actors for newer sequels. Indiana was supposed to be an homage to pulp adventurers, and now he' some old curmudgeon, complaining about getting old. Is that really what people wanted from the character?
Man said "it's not the years, honey, it's the mileage" in his very first outing when Ford was like 40, being a bit of a weathered crank with a long and storied history has been baked into the character. from the jump. Don't think an extra 40 years is going to do much to change that.

Anyway, it doesn't look too bad. Obviously have to be skeptical about all these late-period sequels and reboots (they did the piano-to-orchestra-in-the-trailer thing again!) but I'm still showing up.

I don't mind the crankiness or creakiness. Can't be avoided.

I sure do mind the effects, though. I was really hoping the last entry would see a return to form, practical-effects-wise.

Yeah yeah, I'm still gonna see it.

I don't actually wear pants.
Regardless I'll see it. Maybe it's bad, but I won't know that if I don't watch it. I didn't hate ...Crystal Skull, though I do recognize it could, and probably should, have been better. Spielberg doesn't have his light-hearted air about him anymore. Schindler's List killed it. Someone needs to tell him the Holocaust ended 77 years ago. It's time to let it go.

A system of cells interlinked
"I don't believe in magic."

Says the guy that witnessed God smite Nazis for defiling the ark, and met an ancient immortal knight guarding the actual Holy Grail. Oh wait, he had his eyes closed! That makes it all better!

Will watch, but not holding out much hope.

I think I know where they're going with this one, and they haven't learned from the backlash of using sci-fi in an Indiana Jones movie.

WARNING: "Plot" spoilers below
It's a bloody time-travel movie.
"The Dial Of Destiny" MacGffin is a time travel device, and the plot will be revolving around the space race of the 1960s... which might explain the usage of CGI to make a young Harrison Ford.
I think we're probably getting an Avengers Endgame style plot of Jones actually visiting his younger selves and reliving adventures of old.

I'm now wondering if there'll be a finale scene where all the Indianas show up at the end as a big army and Dr Jones stands there and says "And I am all the archaeologists" whilst wielding a laser-shovel.

Trailer was a bit disappointing but Mads Mikkelson, Phoebe Waller Bridge and Nazis have my interest.
Mads is always amazing.

I saw the trailer for this at the cinema and a bit sad that Mads had a small clip in said trailer. Isn't he to be the villain?

Lol a lot of typos due to typing without my glasses on.