Your Top 10 LEAST Favorite Movies

Tools    

It'd work. I didn't say people would want it or it'd be commercial. People are idiots. Always remember this.

Some of the worst movies I ever watched, I am not talking about boring movies that made me sleep (because in those cases I didn't even pay attention to the movie) but movies that I watched paying full attention and they felt as if they were terribly "wrong" in some way leaving a really bad taste in my mouth, usually they are the result of trying to make "artsy" films which ends up badly (entertainment as opposed to art movies I think are less likely to be strongly hated because they are still entertaining even if bad), some of these movies are very popular among specific crowds though (for instance, Breathless is hugely popular among film critics, making into the top 15 in the Sign and Sound poll last time above any Akira Kurosawa movie) but they are made for a very specific audience with specific tastes, lacking in broad appeal, kinda like love it or hate it movies,

Dune (1984) - David Lynch

Alexander (2004) - Stone

The Tree of Life (2011) - Malick

Faces(1968) - Cassavetes

It's Such A Beautiful Day (2012) - Hertzfeldt

Walking Life (2002) - Linklater

Breathless (1960) - Goddard

Ten (2002) - Kiarostami

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2007) - Spielberg

Still I have 7 live action movies and 3 animated ones, a similar ratio of animation to live action in my top 50 favorite works of media (although in my top 50 I included 7 TV series).

I liked Dune, but I'm sure it's because I had read the book first and was a huge fan of the book, so the movie was like a visual guide to fill in what I had read. If I had seen the movie without reading and loving the novel first, I might not have cared about the movie.
Dune is the WORST movie of all time. Dune, the novel, is one of the best science fiction novels of all time and the movie is the almost exact same plot but it's so BAD, it's really BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. I don't know why, it feels like everything is done WRONG or something in the movie. Every single line in the movie feels like it's a parody of the novel.

It'd work. I didn't say people would want it or it'd be commercial. People are idiots. Always remember this.
People who think "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies should be different stories without Freddy are idiots. The Freddy franchise was a major success -- the people who kept the stories always about Freddy are idiots?

I forgot to put Revolutionary Girl Utena on this list.
I actually like when people hate a favorite movie of mine. At I prefer that than indifference.

Revolutionary Girl Utena the 1997 TV show is a well regarded masterpiece of animation and it's related 1999 movie is also well regarded (but not as much as the series, which constantly shows up in top anime of all time lists like http://wrongeverytime.com/2014/03/31...of-all-time/3/) but Ikuhara has a very characteristic style that turns off a lot of anime fans as well. It's naive to expect a live action fan to like that film.

Originally Posted by Derek Vinyard
1- Titanic
2- Spring Breakers
3- Enemy
4- House Of The Dead
5- The Lord Of Salems
6- Devil's Due
7- Halloween (2007) (One of the worst remake ever)
8- I-See-You.Com
9- The Wicker Man (2006) (THEEE BEEEESSS)
10- Jack & Jill
Originally Posted by honeykid
With the exception of the first, that's probably a pretty good list, Derek.
Titanic seems strange to me too. Is it fair to say the romance got to you, or do you have a fear of icebergs?

Originally Posted by Mr Minio
Also, Kara no Kyoukai was a great film
Which? There's at least 10 of them.

Beyond The Black Rainbow is a freakin' masterpiece.
The MUSIC is a masterpiece which the movie does not earn. One of the WORST ENDINGS EVER.

I would be satisfied with the soundtrack on CD, but NOOOOOOO they're only selling it on vinyl. I ain't got a record player!

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
you should never make a "Nightmare on Elm Street" film that doesn't connect with Freddy.

Originally Posted by rauldc14
I forgot to put Revolutionary Girl Utena on this list.
...why?
Originally Posted by Guaporense
Understandable.

The Tree of Life (2011) - Malick
I've heard terrible TERRIBLE things.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2007) - Spielberg
Oh BOOO IT'S NOT THAT BAD.

Dune is the WORST movie of all time.
Didn't get that vibe when I watched it.

It's naive to expect a live action fan to like that film.
>.> Hmmm...

I agree with some previous posters-

Once Upon a Time in America
Blow
The gambler
Spring breakers
Breathless
Waking Life
Fury Road
A Good Day to Die Hard
Shutter Island
Bringing Out the Dead
West Side Story
Big Bad Wolves
2 Guns
Raising Arizona
A Nightmare on Elm Street (remake)

I've seen them all except for the newest one. I really liked them all.
I only liked the third one. The rest were a combination of boredom and irritation.

Originally Posted by cricket
Fury Road
Mad Max: Fury Road, cricket?
Awww...

Raising Arizona
I liked Raising Arizona.