When did the twist of The Sixth Sense become common knowledge? Same with Fight Club?

Tools    

Semper Fooey
Probably not.

Before I watched The Sixth Sense, everyone kept telling me that the twist was really big. With that it mind when I watched it, I was always paying attention to little details. Partly because of that, I began to suspect the twist at middle of the movie! So I think you don't have to directly tell the twist of a movie to spoil it, just having in mind that there's a huge twist when watching it change the way I see the movie.

As I've said before, just knowing there's a twist is usually enough to ruin any surprise as you, (I), spend the who film working it out. That said, I can still enjoy a film knowing there's a twist sometimes. There's a film on my top 100 that I knew not only had a twist, but that 'you'll never get it'.

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
Fight Club and The Sixth Sense, I get the feeling they become slightly less good on each additional viewing.
Fight Club I can watch again & again & I'm sure I see something new every time, although not what the reviewer saw, I'm sure; there's a notorious review from the London Evening Standard:

...My verdict on Fight Club is already in: it is an inadmissible assault on personal decency...it uncritically enshrines principles that once underpinned the politics of fascism, and ultimately sent millions of Jews to the death camps... exceed the limits of all screen violence I've seen in recent years. They are the apotheosis of the way in which today's moronic American super-stars pump up their ego muscles in public to exhibit themselves as Hollywood supremacists scornful of all values save those of their own box-office... It's unbelievable any film would dare use, even as such a sick gag, a sequence reminiscent of that chapter of the Holocaust in which Nazi thoroughness rendered the Jews down into similar, no doubt less pricy soap bars. But Fight Club has no reticence, no memory, no shame
And that's just a bit of it... read his full review here: http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~heathe...ard/walker.htm

With 6th Sense, I thought it may fade with re-viewing, but watched it a couple of days ago & loved it (I'd forgotten how sad the ending is, too)

The Sixth Sense I know the twist but I've never actually seen it.
and I've seen the movie but I don't remember the twist. I saw it probably 3-5 years ago so it's natural,I guess.
Anyway,it's the first time I hear that this movie has a twist like Star Wars or Usual Suspects. And Fight Club?I never hear anyone spoiling or talking about it.I would say that the most known twist/spoiler is about Star Wars,which was even shown on TV when advertising the movie.

And Fight Club is quite predictable,especially if you're into this type of films.