"Stars-To-Be" Cameos

Tools    

"photographers" Pfft! Dang single framers!
I was reading a piece about the movie "THE BIG CHILL". It said that Kevin Costner was in the movie as the corpse in the casket. Apparently, the open casket scene was cut and we no longer see Kevin in the movie. I was curious about other film encounters like this and I figured you folks would know of some. Here's another...

The movie "Coma" - Tom Selleck is one of the corpses in the hospital. Very obvious in his scene, too.
"Predator" - The helicopter pilot at the end is Kevin Peter Hall, the guy who played the Predator.

"Predator"
I didn't notice that. I'll watch the movie again..

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Actually, Selleck had some dialogue in Coma before he became comatose. Besides that, eight years earlier, he played "Stud" in Myra Breckinridge (1970).

Richard Dreyfuss, The Graduate (1967)

Difficult to see in this screen cap, but over the shoulder of the man who would later be famous as a TV star as Mr. Roeper is a young Richard Dreyfuss.

Harrison Ford, Dead Heat on a Merry-Go-Round (1966)

Long before American Graffiti even, Ford played a bellhop in this James Colburn heist flick.

Jeff Goldblum, Death Wish (1974)

I think most probably know that Jeff Goldblum made his debut as one of the three scumbags who Chuck Bronson must track and kill after they murder his wife and rape his daughter in Death Wish.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

"photographers" Pfft! Dang single framers!
Must see Coma again. Thanks for the info about his dialogue. I saw it in the theater and haven't seen it since. You guys are on the ball.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Long Goodbye (1973)

Ah-nold already had a "starring" role when he first got off of the boat, completely dubbed in the micro-budgeted would-be comedy Hercules in New York. But The Long Goodbye was a Robert Altman movie, a legit assignment, and still a few years ahead of Stay Hungry and Pumping Iron.

Well, it's not his first role ever, but it's pretty close, and it's real cheesy . . .

Clint Eastwood ~ Jet Squadron Leader (Uncredited)

Tarantula (1955)

Click to play . . .

Welcome to the human race...
Fast Times at Ridgemont High has a few, but the most famous one is probably Nicolas Cage's blink-and-you-miss-it turn as one of Brad Hamilton's friends.

You mean Damon Wayans, and the blue one is Jeff Goldblum. He worked a few times with his wife there. Miss Geena Davis.
Indeed I did. Sorry 'bout that. I'm still not up to full working order.

The blue one is Jeff Goldblum, but as he and Geena were the stars of the piece, I didn't feel the need to mention it.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Harrison Ford was the first one I thought of. Shocking, huh?

Not sure if you see Bruce Willis, but he was an extra in The Verdict in his early film days.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Sure, you can see Willis during Paul Newman's summation. He's in the second row behind Newman, directly in between the man and woman on the far right of the first row. If you can't make him out, he's in the extreme top right corner at 2:38 and disappears from the screen at 2:40.

&feature=related