Lisa Marie Presley, RIP

Tools    

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...212132856.html

She attended the Golden Globes two nights ago and was visibly bawling her eyes out when Austin Butler won the award for Best Actor in a Drama for playing her dad in Baz Luhrmann's Elvis.

It's a sad turn of events for the Presley family. Hope she recovers.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

"Neponecro" - the death that is widely announced only because the deceased was related to a person of note.

I am sure she was a great person and it is sad when anyone dies relatively young. That stated, when I curl up like a cockroach after my cardiac arrest I have no doubt I will enter the great beyond veiled in anonymity. It's not a good thing. It's not a bad thing. Just a curious thing. We mourn those we've never met, but scarcely note the passing our neighbor down the street.

I'm sad to hear this. As a fan of Elvis, I did follow news about her to an extent, and especially her daughter Riley Keough.

As for the other point, I do notice other people that aren't famous when they pass on but as there is not a forum on this place for such personal sadness when family or friends pass away, I will simply honor them in person to their family when possible or card if I can't get to them. But I do that far more often than I say my condolences on this thread for celebrities. But I still offer up "Godspeed" to celebrities and I pray for their families. Just my personal way.