When you just want a series to END! End dammit end!!

Tools    

Season 6 will be the final season for The Handmaid’s Tale. I will watch season 6, but this show has to come to the end!!!

Season 6 will be the final season for The Handmaid’s Tale. I will watch season 6, but this show has to come to the end!!!
Im starting to feel this way with Brittania too. At first I thought it fresh, then it became fun, and now its just outright contrived with no sense of direction or depth. This last season was bad and its most nonsensical level was the final. I dont even know if Ill watch the next season, sad cause theres some good talent involved in the show. Except for Sophie Okonedo who delivered the worst performance of her life this last season.

Here we go.....finally. I honestly hope the show somehow ends with a bang. It had some memorable moments and times.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Here we go.....finally. I honestly hope the show somehow ends with a bang. It had some memorable moments and times.
Almost over now. I'll wait to say more, but having read this an hour into the finale, I had to laugh.

It actually could have been worse. The wrap-up wasn't all that bad. I hope others weigh in.

Agreed. It at least felt like an ending, though I was skeptical when the episode started since so much was still flying around in midair.

What did you make of ...

WARNING: "SPOILER" spoilers below
whatever they meant by "consignee Grimes" at the tail end? I know what's-her-name picked him up in a helicopter a few seasons ago, but what were we supposed to make of that part?

Agreed. It at least felt like an ending, though I was skeptical when the episode started since so much was still flying around in midair.

What did you make of ...

WARNING: "SPOILER" spoilers below
whatever they meant by "consignee Grimes" at the tail end? I know what's-her-name picked him up in a helicopter a few seasons ago, but what were we supposed to make of that part?
I watched just because it was the finale - I missed the last few seasons so was pretty much lost story-wise.

I never knew what happened to Rick or Michonne (as they apparently disappeared during the seasons I missed) so I didn't get the ending either.

I kept thinking (hoping?) for some surprise or cataclysmic ending - like someone dies and doesn't turn into a walker, or all the walkers just "drop dead"... something like Hitchcock's "The Birds" where it's just over with no explanation... or something really stupid; like Satan (played by Al Pacino) comes out of the ground and says, "Haven't you realized yet? Your so-called Earth ended years ago. You're all dead and this is Hell!"

They kinda had to show us Rick and Michonne in this finale, since there is apparently some sort of spinoff with the two of them coming up in the future. There is also a Daryl spinoff coming so we knew he'd have to live till the end. In an earlier season Rick had been plucked off the ground by a helicopter that had something to do with the "garbage people" who lived in a sort of landfill area. (I forget the details.) Michonne left later (after having a kid with Rick) to go find him.

I too was thinking maybe someone would die and not turn into a walker.

Frankly, though, although they did hint at the tail end that a few more years had passed and all was peaceful, we also know that they've come upon many settlements like this (only smaller) and have always had to fight some sort of apocalyptic dystopian bad-guy taking the law and government into his/her own hands. So why wouldn't that keep happening? I suppose we're supposed to think THIS was like a real city in size and makeup... but they never really presented us with a HUGE city, despite having heard someone toss out a number like "50,000 people" here or there.

Also, sure, Daryl rode off into the sunset... with no provisions, no gas can, no bed roll, no nothing. That's ridiculous. How far is he going to get before he runs out of gas? Where is ANYONE getting gas at this point? Maybe it's a solar-powered bike.

*SPOILERS AHEAD* (In case there's anyone who still gives a sh*t.)

So they kill off Dan Fogler who had the smallest of roles before he and his even lesser known girlfriend sort of disappear. They basically write them out by having them go hang out with the Oceanside (not to be confused with the Riverbend) people. The only reason I know this is from Googling it because I was 90% sure it was Riverside. Anyway, he and his girlfriend show up out of nowhere literally wandering around in the woods. I guess the writers figured "It's the series finale. We have kill off someone. Anyone." That was the problem towards the end. Way too many characters. Way too many. The Rosita death was handled okay I guess. I suppose she fell right on that razor's edge of a character whose death would carry some weight without actually killing off one of the more prominent ones.

"How were you killed off Rosita? By a walker? Governor Milton's men? "In a fire?"
"No, death by algorithm."

But it did turn out to be less cringey than I thought it would be but also a half measure ending because of all the sequels and spinoffs to come. Fans of the show (are there any left?) should be happy I suppose. And yes, I grudgingly admit that I'll check out the new shows. I did quit on Fear the Walking Dead though.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Checked in on the wrap up articles today. All I saw was, “this person, that person died”. So no big answers?

I get this was always about the people, but yawn.

Did Rick ever lose his hand in the TV series (as he did in the comics)? I thought they might have that happen right before he left the show.
I understand why they didn't do it early on... because it would be very expensive & a hassle to CGI his hand out of every shot.

Did Rick ever lose his hand in the TV series (as he did in the comics)? I thought they might have that happen right before he left the show.
I understand why they didn't do it early on... because it would be very expensive & a hassle to CGI his hand out of every shot.
No, he never did. Aaron lost a hand, and they just always had him wearing some sort of steampunk prosthetic. One cool one, though, was the mace. Bad-ass thing that came in handy (no pun intended) numerous times. So, no CGI needed.

I bailed on The Walking Dead after the first Negan season. Things just seemed to be getting more ridiculous. And they killed Steve twice. Seriously? I watched one season of Fear the Walking Dead. I was done and never looked back.

I also bailed on Fear the Walking Dead, though I've caught an episode or two by accident here and there.
I was under the impression that they merged the two shows (or at least I saw ads with "Morgan" either joining or guest starring on Fear the Walking Dead).

I had thought from the introduction of an offshoot series that they'd make it like Steven King's The Stand (where all the individuals or groups eventually come together) by having the shows cross over.

I was under the impression that they merged the two shows (or at least I saw ads with "Morgan" either joining or guest starring on Fear the Walking Dead).

I had thought from the introduction of an offshoot series that they'd make it like Steven King's The Stand (where all the individuals or groups eventually come together) by having the shows cross over.
Seems like these are going the other way: splitting off from the main series. Morgan left TWD a few seasons ago, just walked away, and ended up finding the cast of FTWD on the West Coast.

Actually I think Morgan walked from Virginia where he reunited with Rick and his group after they left Georgia. By that time the people from FTWD had left California and were traveling east and were in Texas. But that's still a helluva long way to walk.

I mostly stopped watching FTWD because of that annoying family. They killed off the mother and the Johnny Depp looking junkie son. But then they also killed off Cliff Curtis who was probably the best thing about the show. They kept Colman Domingo's character Victor Strand who I liked. And they gave the annoying sister a makeover turning her into a badass. I'm assuming because I had walked away by that time. Lennie James is a good actor but then they brought back the annoying mom played by Kim Dickens. It's such a mixed bag that I'm not going to bother going back to catch up. It's not worth it.

Actually I think Morgan walked from Virginia where he reunited with Rick and his group after they left Georgia. By that time the people from FTWD had left California and were traveling east and were in Texas. But that's still a helluva long way to walk.
Thanks for the corrections. I wasn't watching the show closely enough to remember those details.

The ending of The Walking Dead was way overdue. The show was already sputtering around season 4 or 5, with good episodes being more scarce, few and apart. I remember giving up around that time, but forced myself to catch up when Negan was about to show, mostly because they hyped the hell out of those episodes. I kinda dug the finale when he was introduced, and the next episode when they killed Mr. Fan Favorite... but after that, it became the same tired, tedious, and boring drag. One of my biggest issues is how they treated characters like Carol and Morgan, who had neat arcs, but then the writers didn't seem to know what to do and whiplashed them back and forth. I think I gave up at the end of that season with Negan. Season 8, I think.

Fear the Walking Dead, I didn't even finish season 2. A complete drag as well. Haven't bothered with any of the other spin-offs.

Anyway, to the original question, I think writers and showrunners should realize that stretching a show to 10-20 seasons rarely works. If you want to stick with the same small group of characters, there's only a limited amount of places you can take them before it feels like a cheat, and if you want to add new characters on the way to "revamp" things, it rarely works. Somewhere between 4 and 6 seasons should be the limit.