newby questions for yoda

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
@Yoda

Something glitching for me right now. No biggy but just to let you know - when I see someone hs made a new post in a thread eg pets, new post by a different member, when I click on it it's my post.

Not happening now. Must have been a one off. Just for your info, happened simultaneously with 3 or so threads on the main menu (for me). Yes I had refreshed the page. Not sure what happened.

@Yoda

Something glitching for me right now. No biggy but just to let you know - when I see someone hs made a new post in a thread eg pets, new post by a different member, when I click on it it's my post.
Which specific link are we talking? Because it could be literally half a dozen: the links in Now Playing, the ones next to the forums, the ones you see from New Posts (and one those, either the title OR two different arrow icons). Also need to know if it's desktop or mobile. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot works well, if that's easier, but if not a description (as pedantic as possible!) would be fine.

Which specific link are we talking? Because it could be literally half a dozen: the links in Now Playing, the ones next to the forums, the ones you see from New Posts (and one those, either the title OR two different arrow icons). Also need to know if it's desktop or mobile. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot works well, if that's easier, but if not a description (as pedantic as possible!) would be fine.

It was in main menu. I'll try to be a pedant and get this description right without hijacking (sorry I dont know how to take screenshots - remember, Yods? Techno moron here).

Scrolling down the main menu I saw *name and avatar* of Jo Bloggs saying that person had posted in the pet thread so I clicked on last post and it took me to my post, which was the last post.

Make sense? It also happened in a few other threads up the board I had recently posted in.

So eg, you post in this thread as an answer to me, I then reply. Then in 2 minutes time I see that dteam has made a comment, but when I click to view my post is the last one.

I hope that clarifies. I wasnt bothered - just letting you know.

It was in main menu. I'll try to be a pedant and get this description right without hijacking (sorry I dont know how to take screenshots - remember, Yods? Techno moron here).

Scrolling down the main menu I saw *name and avatar* of Jo Bloggs saying that person had posted in the pet thread so I clicked on last post and it took me to my post, which was the last post.

Make sense? It also happened in a few other threads up the board I had recently posted in.
By main menu and "name and avatar," do you mean one of these links on the right, IE:: "Recast the 1995 Batman"?

So eg, you post in this thread as an answer to me, I then reply. Then in 2 minutes time I see that dteam has made a comment, but when I click to view my post is the last one.
Was it possibly just the last one on the page, and his comment had spilled over to a new page?

There is a slight problem sometimes with that link taking you to an older post, and not the new one, because it hasn't properly registered when your last visit was, but it sounds like you're saying something different: that yours was literally the last post. If that's the case, the only other thing I can think of is that the main page you were on might have been opened earlier, when his was the last post, but by the time you clicked it, yours was. Unless you can be sure it wasn't left open and come back to.

Yeah so if I now reply to Cap in batman recasting, I see my name and avatar. 5 minutes later I will see eg your name and avatar, but you havent replied. My post is the last one.

It happened when that spammer was on here earlier and I thought maybe I got a bug when I reported his money mking thread.

You'll see my name and avatar but I haven't replied? That...seems impossible, to the point at which I'm wondering if we're actually talking about the same link any more.

Hang on I;ll go back to pets and see if the person had replied but earlier, but I didnt recognise their name. Back in a jiffy.

Nup it's not there. So is it possible someone posted a reply but then deleted between me seeing their avatar and going to the thread? Maybe that's all it was, but it happened in few other threads as well.

I swear, I'm not insane, and I dont eat magic mushrooms

If it happened several times in a short period, that'd be unlikely, but possible, I guess.

Let me know if it happens again. It sounds like such a huge error that it would've come up by now, which makes me think there's just a miscommunication going on between us.

Will do. I think you get what I was trying to explain in my bumbling manner. I'll just blame the demented pug for now. �� supposed to be a thumbsup.

Oh nd I was using my laptop, not my mobile. I don't post from my mobile usually. Only that day I tested something for you

@Yoda

How can I delete/deactivate my account ? I've searched through User CP and can't seem to find that option anywhere.

There isn't an option for that. If someone doesn't want to use an account any more, than can just stop. We don't sell anyone's email, so if someone unsubscribes from their threads (you can do it with one click) and selects the option in their profile not to receive the newsletter, they won't hear anything from us.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There isn't an option for that. If someone doesn't want to use an account any more, than can just stop. We don't sell anyone's email, so if someone unsubscribes from their threads (you can do it with one click) and selects the option in their profile not to receive the newsletter, they won't hear anything from us.

Does this site have a newsletter?

We still down send out a few mailings a year, but these days it's usually reminders for Oscar stuff.

We used to put together something more elaborate, but I think most of the people who were interested were visiting regularly enough that they knew about most of the stuff inside, anyway. Might try to send something semi-sporadically going forward, though.

Can I respectfully suggest you do it sporadically - can't stand half measures really

Tough question. Depends on who you ask, since there's no standard definition. To people who've been around ~6 months, probably not. To people who've been around for years, probably!