Thoughts on remakes

Tools    

They need to remake High Noon. Why not?! It could star Tom Hanks, he'd be the most expensive thing about it, and with the right director even be more suspenseful without getting campy.
I just seen this post, I actually agree, Tom Hanks would be wonderful in the role that Gary Cooper did in High Noon. And I use Amy Adams in the role of Grace Kelly. And I'd through into the mix Tommy Lee Jones as one of the supporter characters.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
3:10 to Yuma

The ratings seem close, between original and remake. I haven't seen either, just bits of the new one. Any opinions? Any recommendations? Is this remake one of the exceptions? Is it, as claimed on the cover, "The best western since Unforgiven"?

I don't mind remakes. I am mentally strong enough to realize that they have absolutely zero impact on the original. Some of my favorite movies are begging for remakes actually. I never understood the huge reaction against remakes. If you are against them, don't go see them.

The issues with remakes is that you're killing a brilliant original depending on what film it is. It's understandable if you never had the technology at the time to make such as avatar. But that's no excuse for terminator 2 Which was brilliant. Especially the 4k Remaster, you'd think that movie was made this year.

A lot of people will say a remake kills the original, but in my mind it can't. The original is...well the original! the first one and it doesn't change...unless George Lucas gets his hands on it.

Remakes that are made to tell the same story to a foreign audience, take the same basic synopsis but have a drastically different plot, improve upon the original or express themes that weren't fully expressed in the original? YES!

Remakes that are made to get a quick buck? NO!

You've got red on you!
As a rule, I generally avoid remakes, always so if the original is a film I love. Not because I think that nothing can beat the first movie, but I'm tired of unoriginal ideas coming out of Hollywood that are only made for one reason, money.

Last summer my nephew kept arguing with me because when he asked me if I'd seen Beauty and the Beast, Wonder Woman or Ghost Busters, I said no, and he couldn't understand. I'm perfectly happy with the animation, Linda Carter and Billy Murray, et all.