We're Almost There!!!

Tools    

Hi Everyone!

As you can see, the board is doing fairly well. Another big thanks to the other flick sites out there linking to us - FilmBug.com has been basically our biggest source of traffic thus far!

I've currently got some major ad time for MovieForums coming up - should really help to get things moving.

In addition, I've written some killer database scripts that will integrate the new reviews and movie news stories in with these forums - it'll all be tied together.

Here's what's coming:

- Movie reviews...guy flicks, chick flicks, and even some more obscure reviews.
- Movie news - you'll be able to leave comments after each movie news story using your username and password here on the boards!
- Box Office - this might come a bit later, but we hope to start building a massive database of box office information - fully searchable and sortable!
- Contests, trivia and games - the first contest will be held as soon as the site launches...

Everyone else as excited as I am? I think the programming we have done here will make for one awesome, tightly-knit community.

Oh and by the way: the contest hasn't started yet, but the most you post now, the better your chances will be to win later!

Thanks for mentioning Filmbug.

As you might know I've had some serious problems with keeping Filmbug up and running but now (almost) everything is fixed (we switched to a dedicated machine).

I'm looking forward to your additions...

Misja

Didn't see it.
Hey, filmbug is a pretty cool site. I just bookmarked it. I'll put a link in my forums.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Hi Everyone!

As you can see, the board is doing fairly well. Another big thanks to the other flick sites out there linking to us - FilmBug.com has been basically our biggest source of traffic thus far!

I've currently got some major ad time for MovieForums coming up - should really help to get things moving.

In addition, I've written some killer database scripts that will integrate the new reviews and movie news stories in with these forums - it'll all be tied together.

Here's what's coming:

- Movie reviews...guy flicks, chick flicks, and even some more obscure reviews.
- Movie news - you'll be able to leave comments after each movie news story using your username and password here on the boards!
- Box Office - this might come a bit later, but we hope to start building a massive database of box office information - fully searchable and sortable!
- Contests, trivia and games - the first contest will be held as soon as the site launches...

Everyone else as excited as I am? I think the programming we have done here will make for one awesome, tightly-knit community.

Oh and by the way: the contest hasn't started yet, but the most you post now, the better your chances will be to win later!
What contest? did anyone win?

Does this post bring back memories? @Yoda

I wonder what Yoda's going to think when he logs in and see's that a 17 year old post if his is being repped

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
What contest? did anyone win?
Looks like @ashdoc is no longer the winner!

And the Golden Shovel reward for reviving a 17 years old thread goes to...

gandalf26

Good job, @gandalf26!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

And the Golden Shovel reward for reviving a 17 years old thread goes to...

Shouldn't he get it for reviving this one as that was started in August 2000 while this one was started in September

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It's a fun game, you just click "last page" of every sub forum and start bumping 17 year old stuff.

Here's a fun thought, these threads will outlive us all, quite possibly anyway.

Our families in 200 years could be looking up these threads to see what their ancestors were up to.