MoFo Would I Lie to You? Casting call thread

Tools    

Ok, your hotseat won't be on those days/nights, and if you can't ask questions, Camo can be your proxy, if he's available. Otherwise, I might ask someone from the board to take a look and add a 2c if "player x" is talking out his/her divine posterior or not. We'll make a plan that works for you.

Really hope it's not the latter that's somehow sadder than the former to me.
Yeah PLEASE not Jimmy Carr. He's something else and I refuse to believe he's not that funny on the spot. The way he handles hecklers, no way. Unless the hecklers are set up, but I don't think so. At least I don't want to be that cynical yet that I immediately think that. It only took you suggesting that though.

I'm terrible.

Yeah PLEASE not Jimmy Carr. He's something else and I refuse to believe he's not that funny on the spot. The way he handles hecklers, no way. Unless the hecklers are set up, but I don't think so. At least I don't want to be that cynical yet that I immediately think that. It only took you suggesting that though.

I'm terrible.
Man i should just leave this thread before i tell you Santa isn't real or something

Jimmy isn't actually that funny on the spot, he's just insanely well prepared; he's like a joke robot. He's spoken about it before. Here's a post i made about it before:

That is very cool Adam. Jimmy is a joke nerd if there is such a thing. He has written a book on jokes and is really into stuff like the first recorded jokes and shortest jokes, he has a four word one which i can't remember atm. He has also freely admitted he isn't as quick witted as alot of other comedians, but he understands the structure of jokes alot better so he is usually ready with an altered joke along the same lines as a response to the most common jokes, it is why he is so good at dealing with hecklers. Very little is on the spot with Jimmy which is why other comedians joke with him that he is robotic. which he usually anticipates and robotically has a response for . His laugh is also part of his routine particularly on panel shows when he is expected to laugh at other peoples jokes, if you watch his early appearances he has a normal laugh.

Despite all this i know for a fact Sean Lock genuinely cracks him up, some of the best moments in 8 Out Of 10 Cats is Jimmys reactions to Sean. One of my favourite ever 8 Out Of 10 Cats moments is in does countdown when Jimmy has to compose himself after Sean said to Miles as a reward i wont spit on you after we have sex tonight
I mean technically you could say that means he's better on the spot than most but basically he has altered stock responses and he updates them regularly. It's very unnatural but it's kinda what i love about him since he comes across like a big robot.

The hecklers aren't set up, he just has various prepared responses ready for them. Forgot to add that.
Well it's a little bit like Santa not being real, but I have my big girl knickers on, so I won't cry into my pillow. Not tonight, over this, anyway.

And then there's that laugh.
Yeah that's put on too or at least exaggerated...sorry. Watch his early stuff and it's more normal. Watch some Sarah Millican's early stuff and you'll think it's a different person, she insanely upped her Gordie accent when she realized it was getting laughs.

oh dear, sorry to hear that, @rauldc14

So we're back to 8. Camo can only be in and out. I can wait a little longer, see if we get a 9th. Unless I think of something.

oh dear, sorry to hear that, @rauldc14

So we're back to 8. Camo can only be in and out. I can wait a little longer, see if we get a 9th. Unless I think of something.
I can join if you want. Although you could just split them into two teams of four and do the captain decides thing or i could be a tiebreaker, that would make it easier to get people together since you'd only need 5 not 7. Up to you.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It'd be cool if you were in.

Can split teams however's easiest for everyone. With you officially in, it would be 9 again.
It's not fair to you for me to back out. I'm in.