MoFo Would I Lie to You? Casting call thread

Tools    

It could run over a few nights with a lie/truth or two a day or night. Just a suggestion as it'll probably be impossible to get all players on at the same time.

I guess I'll have to go w/ Captain and Rodent then, but Suspect can come if he doesn't go w/ Yam.
Don't worry too much about whose team you're on since the skills that one has in Survivor may not necessarily help you here.

The discussion about whether a contestant is lying or not will happen in thread, so if anyone has a train of thought you agree with, you still get the benefit of their way of thinking.

It could run over a few nights with a lie/truth or two a day or night. Just a suggestion as it'll probably be impossible to get all players on at the same time.
Absolutely. If you want to be the proxy stand-in for whoever really can't make a night, that's fine with me, if it's fine with you.

I have to go soon so tonight probably won't he a good time for me
We'll wait for you then. Gives me the time to start the actual game thread with the appropriate flair.

When you say it like that Cat, I don't know if I can play. Cause, y'know, school.
I will find a way, Hash!!!! Besides, we have Camo as a good stand in if you get bogged down. I'll make sure when when it's your turn, it's merciful to your schedule.

One lie/truth could be over in 20 minutes and all you would need here is the person telling the lie/truth and the other teams. So 7/9 would have to be here, but not everyone would actually have to. Maybe sorting the teams by timezones could solve a team being here at roughly the same time? Rodent and Yam are from the UK so they could be in a team. Suspect and Cosmic are from Canada so those two together, etc. I dunno.

One lie/truth could be over in 20 minutes and all you would need here is the person telling the lie/truth and the other teams. So 7/9 would have to be here, but not everyone would actually have to. Maybe sorting the teams by timezones could solve a team being here at roughly the same time? Rodent and Yam are from the UK so they could be in a team. Suspect and Cosmic are from Canada so those two together, etc. I dunno.
I hear what you're saying, but you'd still need teams asking you questions ASAP so you don't have that much time to prepare, so I'd say that's a case for splitting up the time zones.

I hear what you're saying, but you'd still need teams asking you questions ASAP so you don't have that much time to prepare, so I'd say that's a case for splitting up the time zones.
You could prepare both your lie/truth stories in advance and just go with which one you're given. Took me way too long to figure out they obviously do that on the show and i was kinda crushed

Yeah anyway you wouldn't need all 9, just 7/9. Plenty of people were on at the same time for Survivor Challenges so obviously you'll make this work.

You could prepare both your lie/truth stories in advance and just go with which one you're given. Took me way too long to figure out they obviously do that on the show and i was kinda crushed

Yeah anyway you wouldn't need all 9, just 7/9. Plenty of people were on at the same time for Survivor Challenges so obviously you'll make this work.
WAT. OMG I thought they made that up on the cuff. NOW I'M CRUSHED and will need a minute.

Ok the minute's over. Ok what do people think? Do you want your truth/lies beforehand or...as I always thought it was...a surprise!

WAT. OMG I thought they made that up on the cuff. NOW I'M CRUSHED and will need a minute.

Ok the minute's over. Ok what do people think? Do you want your truth/lies beforehand or...as I always thought it was...a surprise!
Yeah i read some interview think it was with Lee Mack where he explained that they know what the lie will be, think they only find out when they get there giving them a short time to prepare but still.

Yeah i read some interview think it was with Lee Mack where he explained that they know what the lie will be, think they only find out when they get there giving them a short time to prepare but still.
DAMN! I still enjoy it though. They still don't know what kind of questions they'll get, and now I know why they go so hard at each other

I'll hold off to see what everyone thinks. Do you guys want a little time to get game face on, or be taken completely by surprise and try to see how good you are at bluffing (or not) on the spot?

I might also put out the fact that I won't be here for most of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday because I have college on those days so take that into mind for when we start playing

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

The taken by surprise one seems like it'd work alot better for a forum. Think they just do that to avoid the chance of a boring/unfunny one with alot of stuttering or whatever.

There's a mystery person on QI who asks for the questions in advance, Stephen Fry mentioned it once but refused to say who it was. The main theories are Rory McGrath or John Sessions so they can make it seem like they know everything or Jimmy Carr so he can prepare jokes. Really hope it's not the latter that's somehow sadder than the former to me.