2017 MoFo Fantasy Football Season

Tools    

Crappy week, but got away with one. The undefeated season lives on. I guess it's not as bad as it looks: as bad as my score was, it would've been enough against four other teams. Go figure.

Anyway, nobody's going to go undefeated (or even get this far) without some luck. It started the other way, wasting big point totals in weeks I didn't need them at all, but based on a random schedule I had like a two-in-three chance of losing this one, so lucky me.

Normally I'd only be caring about points at this stage, but with two (!) 7-1 teams right behind, I'm actually not a lock for one of the Byes like I might normally be, so it still could matter.

A system of cells interlinked
Well, crap.

Even though I've had a very good season so far (I'm the only team in the league to score 100+ every week, although I have a feeling that streak might come to an end this weekend), rarely a day goes by that I don't kick myself for not drafting Kareem Hunt. In my defense, at the time we drafted, the reports were that Spencer Ware would miss 2-8 weeks, not the entire season, but still . . . I had Hunt in my queue basically the entire draft, but he was buried so low on Yahoo's draft board that I kept thinking I could wait one more round to pick him. I should've known that at least Yoda, if no one else, would be informed of the situation and not let him slip too far. Who knows how things will play out, but I feel like I lost the championship this year when I idiotically drafted Kenny Britt and Jacquizz Rodgers in rounds 9-10, neither of whom are even on my roster anymore, instead of taking Hunt. To make myself feel better, I tell myself, "Well, if you had Hunt, things might be a little too easy. At least this way winning the championship will be more of a challenge." But it doesn't work and I usually break down in tears.

These next two weeks on the schedule are big for me. First Powdered Water, then Yoda. With my best player, Melvin Gordon, on a bye this week, and Kelvin Benjamin unlikely to see many snaps since he was just traded, I fully expect to lose this weekend, but maybe I'll get lucky. Considering how we're clearly the cream of the crop thus far this season, I feel like getting the #1 seed is more important than in typical seasons, just to avoid having to play one of you in the semi-finals. (Although I'm getting ahead of myself here. Watch as the #6 seed wins the championship.) If I drop these next two games, I can kiss that #1 seed goodbye.

I'd like to get a trade done with someone before the deadline in a couple of weeks. I need a better #2 RB. I've got a lot of useful pieces, including two top QBs in Brees/Wentz, so if anyone's interested, feel free to shoot me an offer.

Even though I've had a very good season so far (I'm the only team in the league to score 100+ every week, although I have a feeling that streak might come to an end this weekend)
Yeah, I had the same thing going until this past week and was just about to look up whether or not it's happened before. I think it might have, but back when we were playing full PPR. If you make it the whole regular season I'll see what I can find. Good luck.

rarely a day goes by that I don't kick myself for not drafting Kareem Hunt. In my defense, at the time we drafted, the reports were that Spencer Ware would miss 2-8 weeks, not the entire season, but still . . . I had Hunt in my queue basically the entire draft, but he was buried so low on Yahoo's draft board that I kept thinking I could wait one more round to pick him. I should've known that at least Yoda, if no one else, would be informed of the situation and not let him slip too far. Who knows how things will play out, but I feel like I lost the championship this year when I idiotically drafted Kenny Britt and Jacquizz Rodgers in rounds 9-10, neither of whom are even on my roster anymore, instead of taking Hunt.
I nearly did the exact same thing. I was less prepared for this draft than any I've ever done, so I slept on him a little too long. Eventually I remembered Ware's injury, which I think we'd just heard was going to be for the full season the day before the draft. I picked Decker in the 9th using the same logic you did re: draft position, but immediately regretted it and waited, agonized, through the next round. I figured my only two hurdles were 1) you and 2) @spudracer, who's a Chiefs fan.

Anyway, it was partially dumb luck on my part, and even after I remembered he was there I still almost blew it.

To make myself feel better, I tell myself, "Well, if you had Hunt, things might be a little too easy. At least this way winning the championship will be more of a challenge." But it doesn't work and I usually break down in tears.
I'd feel better if I believed fantasy football was actually like this, but I know it's pretty random in the playoffs. Last year both my teams went 11-2 and got bounced in the first game. Every year it feels like you put the best team together just to increase your odds of winning those playoff games maybe 10-15%, and then you just have to play long enough for it all to even out.

These next two weeks on the schedule are big for me. First Powdered Water, then Yoda. With my best player, Melvin Gordon, on a bye this week, and Kelvin Benjamin unlikely to see many snaps since he was just traded, I fully expect to lose this weekend, but maybe I'll get lucky. Considering how we're clearly the cream of the crop thus far this season, I feel like getting the #1 seed is more important than in typical seasons, just to avoid having to play one of you in the semi-finals. (Although I'm getting ahead of myself here. Watch as the #6 seed wins the championship.) If I drop these next two games, I can kiss that #1 seed goodbye.
I actually hadn't really thought about the three-team tier making the #1 seed more important than usual. Most years it doesn't make a big difference, and occasionally you get some high-scoring unlucky team at #6, so that you'd rather have the #2 seed anyway. Not this year.

I'd like to get a trade done with someone before the deadline in a couple of weeks. I need a better #2 RB. I've got a lot of useful pieces, including two top QBs in Brees/Wentz, so if anyone's interested, feel free to shoot me an offer.
Yeah, I've been testing the waters, too. I actually had two different deals lined up and both of the other owners really wanted to do them, but, in all honesty, I thought about how almost every major trade results in complaints, and decided not to do either. I might reconsider, but I actually realized I'd probably have more fun not going ahead with them, even if it costs me later. Might revisit some of it before the deadline, though, since I've got way too many startable guys right now.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Are we sure Hunt is really going to keep it up in the second half? No TD since week 3. I'm not saying I don't think he will, I just think there is room for debate.

Wooh, This Ayaji trade is going ro do some big things for me team. i feel something in the air rn

A system of cells interlinked
Off to a good start with my QB having a big night. Sadly, the rest of my squad is a bunch of bye-week subs that will most likely land in the toilet.

I don't know how I got to 7-1. I've now lost 5 players for the season. Now Fournette is sitting out his second straight game. Ack...

@Captain Spaulding, Ertz is inactive this morning according to Yahoo!

Now Fournette is sitting out his second straight game. Ack...
Was hoping you wouldn't notice.

This is shaping up to be a brutal week for me. With all these injuries/byes, I'm having to grab random people off the waivers and plug them into my lineup. Although I definitely caught a break with the Watson injury and Fournette benching, otherwise you would've creamed me this week.

Was cruising early, but then Fabulous got TDs from Kamara and Henry within a minute of each other and now the perfect season is very much at risk.

Apparently Dalton missed Green for a wide open TD, too. Thanks a lot, Andrew. Way to go all Flacco on us.

Yeah, trying to punch someone in the helmet is a dead giveaway that the reaction was pretty "in the moment." Not the kind of thing you'd do if you stopped to think about it at all.