Average forum age

Tools    

Anyone have an idea of the average age on this forum?

Most of the film reviews I see are of films pre-90s; some even pre-WWII. So I'm assuming the average age here is up there a little based on their interests.

According to the database, the average listed age (among those who entered a year into their profile, that is) is 32.55 years.
Thanks - I expected at least 40+

I'm exactly 32.55 years old... I would have thought it was much younger.
What makes you say that? I don't know many people in their 20s who are into films from the 1930s - other than maybe some college students who're studying film in school that'd be a rarity.

Worth noting that this is the average age of everyone who's entered a year into their profile, which includes people who have never posted, or haven't been around in years, etc. The sheer numbers involved make it a decent bet that this isn't too far from the average age of the regular members, but not a sure thing.

What makes you say that? I don't know many people in their 20s who are into films from the 1930s - other than maybe some college students who're studying film in school that'd be a rarity.
Or the ones who are simply passionate about cinema. A lot of the young ones in their early twenties here are watching all kinds of cinema, including old stuff.

Me neither, but then, the people I know haven't self-selected by joining a movie message board in the first place.

EDIT: Swan beat me to it.

Or the ones who are simply passionate about cinema. A lot of the young ones in their early twenties here are watching all kinds of cinema, including old stuff.
That too, but that'd still be a rarity - so the average age to be 20s would really suprise me.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
According to the database, the average listed age (among those who entered a year into their profile, that is) is 32.55 years.
Now I feel like a baby! 23 years old, and will be until the 4th of September.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
When I was looking at people's Top 10's, I saw a lot of people who were very young adults. And as Yoda said, I probably didn't see the inactive members. I noticed members who have written hundreds, even thousands of posts without creating a thread, or members who have been on here for 5-10 years with only 2-3 posts total.

I find it so healthy people who are younger than me who at least watch older films.