Leaving the forum

Tools    

I highly doubt so, sure there are but most of them are filled with 12-14 years old kids. And they're far worse than the people on here, if he couldn't be here he definitely will quit any other community.
Actually, the average is more towards 18-20, if you talk about sites like MyAnimeList.

But yeah, it's a worse community, but not for the reasons you assume; rather, because it's so self-aware that nobody takes anything seriously there. It's like a huge meme. There are very few actual debates and troll threads are part of the mood and idiosyncrasy there.

On the other hand it's not that difficult to find anime related sites that aim to an older userbase, but they tend to be quite close-minded communities with very specific rules and clear directions.

12-14-year-olds prefer standard social networks or chats where they are not forced to structure their posts and the conditions allow a faster method of communication. And this is true for everything, movies, anime and whatever.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
On the other hand it's not that difficult to find anime related sites that aim to an older userbase, but they tend to be quite close-minded communities with very specific rules and clear directions.
That might suit Guap better, to be honest. I mean, I never had any trouble with the guy but he's not the exactly the most open minded MoFo around so maybe he'll get along better in a more regimented forum.

That might suit Guap better, to be honest. I mean, I never had any trouble with the guy but he's not the exactly the most open minded MoFo around so maybe he'll get along better in a more regimented forum.
Well, to be honest I don't mean this in that way; rather, that they tend to be very demanding in the level of elaboration of the posts, and are very concerned with trolling and derails... in short, stricter with the rules. That makes the sites look rigid and more difficult to approach for a new user.

Peace out man, learn to mellow out a bit

Well Cobpyth put it better:

As this was supposed to be your last post, I also took the freedom to be very honest towards you. I hope you don't mind.

I don't want to demean you or anything, Guap, but I think you should work on your stability as a person. It's not mentally healthy to get so extremely upset by the stuff you're mentioning.

The reason why so many people here didn't take you seriously is not because your tastes are so different from ours (even if they sometimes are), but it's because you often lack empathy and humor. You take yourself way too seriously and as a result of that you also live in the stubborn illusion that you have a better view on everything than everyone else. That kind of attitude simply rubs people in the wrong way and that's the reason why you got ridiculed so much, especially when your particular opinion was controversial or just plain absurd.

I sometimes appreciated your posts (especially the posts about anime in the appropriate threads for that subject, because you obviously know a lot about that particular medium), but at the same time I also often cringed at your emotionally unintelligent attacks against other people (myself included) when someone tried to challenge you or at your endless attempts to "correct" or "rebuke" people even when you weren't entitled to.

I'm not saying there aren't any other members who are sometimes "sinning" in the same way you do. I'm pretty sure I myself also made many of the same human mistakes because I was passionate about something, but when practically every single post of yours starts to show these "faults" and you're truly serious about it (as you seem to be), something is wrong.

I hope that someday you'll reach some kind of peace of mind that will demolish all your unnecessary and futile frustrations and if officially leaving this place will help you with that, you should definitely persist, but in the first place, I think it's important to take a look at yourself before starting a rant against good people who (I think) never meant to harm you personally. It never hurts to take an intense look in the mirror.

I hope you'll return someday in the future to Movieforums with a more positive and less frustrated look on life and other people and I'm sure everybody will gladly welcome you back.

Adeus, Guap! Desejo-lhe a melhor sorte.
See, not all walls of texts are bad.

R.I.P. Guap. Enjoy the 72 animated schoolgirl virgins waiting on the other side.
Don't make a martyr of him! Or maybe do, others will leave.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Bye,can't say I'll wake at night missing you but its never fun to lose member of forum...Had few clash with him,mostly about World Cup and his claims about Brazil being awesome or something...Never mind that...At first I thought he is leaving because he is not comfortable here but reading more and more I felt less and less sorry for him.You think you are correct ,everyone else is wrong and everyone with different opinion is "ignorant",that is your main problem,the second problem is you get frustrated about thing people say here...We all defend our opinions,sometimes with too much passion but in the end,nobody holds a grudge...There is a lot more things wrong with what you wrote but people already mentioned them so I won't repeat.

I actually didn't like Guap, since what I believe was his first post:

I would consider cult films some serious hardcore stuff. Films like The Mirror, by Tarkovsky, or Stalker, also by Tarkovsky, or Andrei Rublev, by Tarkovsky. Or Aguirre the Wrath of God, by Werner Herzog. Or 8 1/2 by Fellini.

These films are the real hardcore cult stuff.

Fight Club? Lol, kiddo, that's a commercial film for 15 year olds.

5,000 posts and he hasn't really changed much. No wonder he's constantly justifying the BS temper tantrums in his anime films, his posts are a reflection of those scenes.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
This was nowhere near as good as the Cinemafficianado saga.

Welcome to the human race...
I must have missed that, what happened?

In the Top MoFos Countdown, Guaporense was #25.

Higher than people like Harry Lime (26), Mr Minio (27), Sedai (28), donniedarko (30), Hit Girl (32), Tacitus (34), TONGO (36), and even our dear Nebbit (37).

There are top MoFo countdowns now?
There was one. In April. I did it. It went by at lightning speed. You are #95.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
In the Top MoFos Countdown, Guaporense was #25.

Higher than people like Harry Lime (26), Mr Minio (27), Sedai (28), donniedarko (30), Hit Girl (32), Tacitus (34), TONGO (36), and even our dear Nebbit (37).
I ranked him really high in that. I've talked to him a few times and he wasn't a bad guy, he's just not got the best social skills in the world.

I like him but that doesn't mean that I don't think Yoda is dead on about what the real crux of his problem is.

I wish he could appreciate and value others for their uniqueness instead of just insisting that he is the only true individual in the world and the rest of us of were of one mind hypnotized by equal parts Hollywood and America. It would have made the good things about him a lot easier to see.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Is that thread still around?

This thread is so Sexy Celebrity circa <insert year>.

Guapo, don't be a putz. You should stay. Don't listen to these Philistines.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Welcome to the human race...
There was one. In April. I did it. It went by at lightning speed. You are #95.
Huh, that's not bad for someone who's been really on-and-off for the last two or three years, I guess. A little surprised by some of the people that managed to outrank me (Psychic Isaac? Martian Leader? Juno MacGuff?)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Awwww...Juno. I ripped her so bad and everyone here *cough* MissVicky *cough* was giving me crap for it.

Suspect's Reviews