Leaving the forum

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
I made a joke about your taste and that infuriates you?

I say worse than that to people all the time. I don't want to see you go either, but man, I don't see how you will be happy anywhere if that's all that it takes to upset you.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I thought about leaving on a temporary basis a couple months ago, but I got over my frustrations. I don't think anyone here is personally against people.

I guess I will have to be the new Miyazaki supporter on this forum.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Seems narcissistic and maybe even a little sociopathic. A ham-handed approach of 'im smarter than you' and swift tirades of anger and violence usually don't have a place in social mediums, most likley why he was having trouble.

If true, its a shame. Mental health isn't a joke (obviously nowadays) and they're the types who turn into mass shooters.

Guap, I dont know you very well but who cares what you enjoy or dont.. I dont care what people think of me.. and what I watch.. Im the oddest duck in the pond.... and seriously if people dont like me for who I am.. then they are not worth my time. I get **** about the stuff I enjoy but it rolls off my back. I guess some people cant do that.. and I guess that comes with maturity. I didnt interact with you much but I do know you and Derek Vineyard are good friends.. and Derek and I are somewhat friends... I hope you the best. Perhaps there is an anime movie forum out there that will fit your needs.. if you ever come back.. its ok with me.. I accept you for who you are... and you are yourself and not part of the norm.

Personally, I've never noticed what was so bad about Guaporense. But then again, I try not to mind my competition for the "Most Controversial MoFo" award, while trying hard to fatally destroy my competition for "Funniest MoFo", that British thing who shared my award last year.

Part of me -- a large part of me -- thinks Guaporense is really an alternate account of Planet News and that this whole thing is part of a master scheme cooked up by Planet News and Yoda. If I turn out to be right, remember that I was right.

I tend to befriend the villains around here, though. Django, Guaporense, Powderfinger, Cinemaaficionado -- all have been friends with me. Though I really didn't get to know Guaporense all that well. But I think he knows I'm okay with him.

R.I.P. Guap. Enjoy the 72 animated schoolgirl virgins waiting on the other side.

I think you simply expected way too much.

People have different taste and the ones here are old enough to know how to express their opinion about things. Some do it harshly and some do it nicely, just like IRL. If you can't handle people because they don't agree with you or can't appreciate things that you do then you shouldn't have tried to join any community at all. Especially if you have anger problems as well of not being able to accept critisism.

People commented when they don't know, so what? Everyone has a voice even if they use it wrongly.

Thing is, something that for YOU is so important, for other person is ridiculous. It's called different taste and opinions and as far as they don't disrespect you because of liking different things I don't see why you should rage quit.

Eitherway, if you come back, do yourself a favor and don't expect anything from people. That way you'll never get as frustrated as you did, and will actually learn to enjoy things. Pc ~

So does this mean I still have to listen to Angra Temple of Shadows? Ah, what the heck, for you Guap, I'll give it a listen. Take care.

You know, yesterday I seriously considered starting up a Heavy Metal Song Tournament with the hopes that Guap would join. Good thing I didn't do that.

This is genuinely sad. I kinda get it, but I also kinda don't.

I know how it feels to have to fight with people over opinions. I once stirred up a fight on this forum over something stupid. I can't remember what it was exactly but I think it had something to do with electric cars and the kind of people who buy them. I was being crushed, and I got frustrated and wrote some things I now regret having written, as it definitely made people think of me as an immature hater with a gigantic self-esteem; a fact which became apparent to me when Cobpyth pointed it out some time ago (rightfully so, by the way).

Well, I still hate electric cars and the people who buy them. However, this is now a hatred which lives inside me, carefully kept away from the surface. I try not to argue about things like that anymore. It's really hard, and sometimes it proves to be stronger than me, and I hope that one day I will be mature enough not to feel that hatred anymore.

My point is, frustration and exhaustion is a thing that comes naturally when you share your opinions online, and in real life as well. If you cannot find anyone who agrees with what you have to say, you feel alienated and, eventually, lonely. So I get that part.

The part I don't get is rage quitting. You can get away from this forum, yes. Does it mean you will find many people somewhere else who appreciate animation and non-mainstream movies on the level you do? Sadly, I don't think so. Do you think that when you talk to a guy from work and ask him: "Hey, did you see that awesome French animated movie that's so hard to find a copy of, in which the main character is (...)", he will go: "Yeah, sure, I enjoyed the animation very much, it reminds me of the work of (...)"? Sorry, that's not gonna happen. He's gonna go: "Nah man, I don't watch that stuff. The only french movies I ever saw was the Taxi series.".

Then, of course, you can rage quit on that guy too and not talk to him anymore, try talking with another person and do the same thing, and then another, and another, until you realize there's nobody left, and you won't get a second chance until you move to another town because the people who know you don't want to talk to you anymore. I know because this happened to me.

So the point is: don't run away because there's a dead end on that road.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Hey Guap, be sure to take your music with you.

You'll be missed...
...by someone.

Well Guap if you feel certain posters are just consistently aggravating then put them on ignore. If youre still aggravated then the problem is yours. Hey, Ive been there. Ive spazzed, and you could weigh the amount of PMs Ive sent to Yoda regarding posters. Mostly the guy mentioned in comment I left you.

Heres a hard truth you will have to swallow if you decide to return. People dont give a crap about anime, or want to know of it. Ive been there as Ive a huge knowledge about the pro-wrestling business, and nobody would give a flys fart to hear about it. If I brought it up it (or I) would face ridicule.

Those opinions arent a reflection on you, nor would they be on me. Wish we ran into each other on here.

I feel like saying the good ol' "welcome to the internet" but you seem like a dude who wouldn't understand that I'm just effing with ya...

Anyways, I don't know you but from what I read of you extremely long text it seemed like you really have a hard time excepting that there's things you like and things others like. But of course, if your taste is so different that pretty much no one see the same stuff as you I can understand.

But if that is not the case, you should just learn to take it easy on the internet, not continuing arguements over an extremely long time that, in the end, would never be solved anyways. People have different opinions, some people like to just argue, others are making jokes, others are being serious. That's just how it is, and how it is in real life as well, so if you can't handle it here good luck out there. (Sorry for the harsh tone but I'm just trying to state things as they are)

Let the night air cool you off
Heres a hard truth you will have to swallow if you decide to return. People dont give a crap about anime, or want to know of it. Ive been there as Ive a huge knowledge about the pro-wrestling business, and nobody would give a flys fart to hear about it. If I brought it up it (or I) would face ridicule.
I'd actually love to talk with you about pro-wrestling. I don't watch it anymore, but I used to be really into it. I've recently been feeling that itch to maybe watch some again or at least finally watch Beyond the Mat.

Frankly, I'm confused. To me, it seems like this forum should be infested with anime freaks. The fact that someone is angry and saying they're leaving the forum because everyone talks too much about mainstream/American movies... I don't know where the Hell he's getting this. Has he not seen the movie countdowns?

That's because it's not actually about people having different tastes. It's about people having different conceptions of how we're supposed to talk to each other.

I'd actually love to talk with you about pro-wrestling. I don't watch it anymore, but I used to be really into it. I've recently been feeling that itch to maybe watch some again or at least finally watch Beyond the Mat.
Dude, the wrestling war was incredible and then after Vince bought WCW his product has become completely PG. Youd do well by yourself to watch the old stuff and interviews on YouTube compared to the current product. Btw, regardless if you were a big Kevin Nash fan he has the best interviews on YouTube. Highly articulate and funny.

My knowledge behind the scenes is limited to what Ive read in the Wrestling Observer (trade sheets) and guys I know in florida. There are a TON of wrestler that live in Florida (no state tax). Heck I live within 40 miles of the Undertaker.

I dont know if I should open a thread for it, but I can tell you some real road stories thatll make you laugh your balls off.

Tell all those stories right here. Hijack Guapo's goodbye thread.