MoFo Fantasy Baseball - The 2013 Regular Season

Tools    

I had 2 grabs where not doing my research beforehand bit me, maybe. Teixiera and Aroldis Chapman. Chapman not so much cause he will be competent as a starter or reliever, but I drafted him for relieving sake. Tex on the other hand, well lets just say I wish I took Papi instead.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Ended up drafting 4 of the same players as i had last year in Braun, Hanley, Zobrist and Romero.

Romero i expected, but not getten the other 3.

Oh and i came across this the other day. I'm usually not into the hippity hop, but i smiled ear to ear with the video.

Just thought the Montreal Expos would be a great name for a fantasy baseball team now.

Btw your Jays terrify me. You got so much talent....youre like the Toronto Yankees now and its just wrong. Just wrong! AL East is gonna be sick this season.

Looking forward after work to review everyones roster. Mine is a pitching nirvana, Longoria & Jeter, and thats it for now.

Now that its all said and done - Mark F I want to give you credit for my all-in pitching draft6 strategy. I watched you every year be in the final 2 or near it because you had rock solid pitching. Ive taken that route, and hope scouring the waivers will fill in the rest.

A system of cells interlinked
My pitching looks terrible, as usual.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Just thought the Montreal Expos would be a great name for a fantasy baseball team now.

Btw your Jays terrify me. You got so much talent....youre like the Toronto Yankees now and its just wrong. Just wrong! AL East is gonna be sick this season.
Well its easy to forget that the Yankees were horrible for pretty much all the the 80's. They had a bit of talent with Mattingly and Winfield, but the talent fell off a cliff after that, and pitching was atrocious. It wasn't until they drafted Jeter, Pettite and Bernie Williams that Georgie boy started busted out the chequebook bringing in Supah star FA.

The Jays on the other hand drafted Extraordinarily well and Stand Pat Gillick shed the nicname with the game changing Freddy McGriff, Alomar deal.

This season yeah man im stoked. it feels an awful lot like those days. I still dont think this lineup can hold a candle to the WAMCO days, but i'd love to be wrong.

Yeah, no one to blame but myself! It all started when I picked Posey over F Hern in round 2...

And I thank you for that. Muchly.

Well its easy to forget that the Yankees were horrible for pretty much all the the 80's. They had a bit of talent with Mattingly and Winfield, but the talent fell off a cliff after that, and pitching was atrocious. It wasn't until they drafted Jeter, Pettite and Bernie Williams that Georgie boy started busted out the chequebook bringing in Supah star FA.

The Jays on the other hand drafted Extraordinarily well and Stand Pat Gillick shed the nicname with the game changing Freddy McGriff, Alomar deal.

This season yeah man im stoked. it feels an awful lot like those days. I still dont think this lineup can hold a candle to the WAMCO days, but i'd love to be wrong.
Yeah well Rays radio says the Jays will implode like the Marlins did last year attempting to "buy a dynasty". However I think Toronto's waaaaay more competent in all areas of baseball over Miami, and the superior coaching, managing, etc... will make it work. Reyes, and Bautista on the same team is just sick. Ive a feeling your guys will gel and we will still hopefully suffocate you with our pitching. You have doubts about R.A. Dickey, but I'm a believer. If it wasn't for BJ Uptons freak speed run to first last year he would have got a no-hitter on us.

The sleeper in the AL East I feel wont be the Orioles like last year, but the Red Sox. A lot of folks have just written them off but not hindered with an epic pontificating jackass like Valentine should do wonders for that organization, more so than a star player that could've been brought in.

Random thoughts looking at everyones rosters.....

What catches my eye is Tims Squeeze looks solid overall, and Dexters offense looks freaky strong.

Regardless of who Dustin drafted I feel hes due for some cosmic flood of good fortune. His lucks been laughably bad for a long time.

I want Allen Craig from the Fontenots. He snaked him from me just a few picks ahead of me. Doh

I like PWs team overall too, but Im sure Chris will be keeping an eye on Trumbo & Reddick. Either theyre playing great or producing nothing at all.

Think Dionnes Kinkys are another solid squad especially if Rickie Weeks plays like his old self.

Sedais offense is good, but uh, yeah his pitching is ass. Mikeys teams ok.

I dont know who Vito is (JOBU) but I give him 3-4 weeks and he will kick Drew Stubbs to the curb.

Yeah well Rays radio says the Jays will implode like the Marlins did last year attempting to "buy a dynasty". However I think Toronto's waaaaay more competent in all areas of baseball over Miami, and the superior coaching, managing, etc... will make it work. Reyes, and Bautista on the same team is just sick. Ive a feeling your guys will gel and we will still hopefully suffocate you with our pitching. You have doubts about R.A. Dickey, but I'm a believer. If it wasn't for BJ Uptons freak speed run to first last year he would have got a no-hitter on us.

The sleeper in the AL East I feel wont be the Orioles like last year, but the Red Sox. A lot of folks have just written them off but not hindered with an epic pontificating jackass like Valentine should do wonders for that organization, more so than a star player that could've been brought in.
I agree, I think Toronto has a much better core to build off of than the Marlins. It's not really fair to compare the two, because the Marlins just added Reyes, Buerhle, and Heath Bell (who isn't really even good any more) to a core that was Stanton, Josh Johnson, Anibal Sanchez, and not much else. That team is pretty good, and the Marlins definitely should have given it more than 1/2 a season to see if it worked out, but not on the same level as what the Blue Jays have. Plus, adding Dickey and Melky is a huge difference than just adding the ex-Marlins.

I think you're right on about the Red Sox, too. "Epic Pontificating Jackass" should be my new fantasy team name, haha. I could see them winning somewhere in the 80s and challenging for a wild card.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
well sadly I like my team. That's probably not a good sign at all. Yes, I haven't had much luck in baseball, football has been better for me.

FYI, Yahoo's stat projections have Mark's Dodgers as a heavy favorite. Obviously these things always end up being crazy wrong, but the margin is pretty huge: it's got him 25 points ahead of the second place team. It's also got half the league clustered together in the 70s.

I only noticed them on the Evaluate Trade page (I got the projections by lining up some swap of relatively worthless players). Not sure why it's not more prominent than that.

That said, I'm only referring to the season totals. There's a Projected Stats tab on most roster/trade pages (including your My Team page) that'll give you the project stats for your team, just not compared to others or filtered with some kind of likely lineup calculation.

syj, whats the word on the Giants this coming season? Is San Francisco hopeful? Is Tim Lincecum over the hill? Dont get any west coast hubbub over here in florida.