The 2010 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

Ok Dexter you know I want Caddy. Ill give you 2 RBs Justin Forsett & Maurice Morris. Open to counteroffer

D'oh, already posted this in the other thread. Worth putting here, too:

If anyone's looking to trade, I'd be willing to deal some of my crazy WR depth for a high risk/high reward back. I'm primarily thinking of Mike Wallace here, who should be at least decent as Pittsburgh's only deep threat, but has lots of upside. Looking for his RB equivalent, though I'm open to anything that helps me improve at RB.
Speaking of which, you've got a couple of RBs in that general range we might be able to discuss, TONGO. But I don't have any Bucs, or anyone named after a car, to offer.

Me and Dester Riley are in mid-haggle right now. Not even an hour after the draft and the wheelin and dealing begins

Donnie Avery, anyone?

I also have Laurence Maroney available for your fantasy pleasure.

Bueller..... Bueller....... Bueller......

LOL!

Ok Dexter Riley I counterproposed your counterproposal. Jerome Harrison for Cadillac Williams.

Ok Dexter Riley I counterproposed your counterproposal. Jerome Harrison for Cadillac Williams.
I thought you promised you were going to mellow out a little this year? If Cadillac was so important, why didn't you draft him early?

He's got a lot of upside/talent, and he's still a clear starter, which is exceedingly rare. That said, he's still on a bad team, and who knows when Derrick Ward will decide to get his crap together and steal some time. And Williams is a significant injury risk.

By the by, TONGO's from Florida and is a Bucs fan, so that might have something to do with it.

He's got a lot of upside/talent, and he's still a clear starter, which is exceedingly rare. That said, he's still on a bad team, and who knows when Derrick Ward will decide to get his crap together and steal some time. And Williams is a significant injury risk.

By the by, TONGO's from Florida and is a Bucs fan, so that might have something to do with it.
I understand home favorites. I wanted Flacco and missed out on him, but got the Ravens Defense and Boldin.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Ok Dexter you know I want Caddy. Ill give you 2 RBs Justin Forsett & Maurice Morris. Open to counteroffer
2 for 1 trades are tenuous. I dont really care to clear a roster spot for morris.

am mulling over your counter offer now though.

Oooooh a Tampa fan huh? I'm a falcons fan, this should be fun.

Well, just got an email from Yahoo, so it looks like it's official: Cadillac for Harrison.

Think you gave that one away a bit, Tongs; Harrison's ranked dozens of spots higher on every draft board I can find, and the gap is even bigger in a PPR league. But I guess we'll see.

I thought you promised you were going to mellow out a little this year? If Cadillac was so important, why didn't you draft him early?
Cadillac went in round 7 and I picked up Jerome in round 8. I know this is weird to hear after making a trade hours after the draft, but Im going to be MUUCH MUCH mellower than last year.

Trade #1 is on the board! Ive gotten Cadillac Williams, and Dexter Riley has Jerome Harrison!

I love it when a plan comes together

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Well, just got an email from Yahoo, so it looks like it's official: Cadillac for Harrison.

Think you gave that one away a bit, Tongs; Harrison's ranked dozens of spots higher on every draft board I can find, and the gap is even bigger in a PPR league. But I guess we'll see.
I'm ok either way.

the Rankings are a funny thing. Harrison simply had a few high profile games to end the season last year,(against tres weak opps) so he's fresh in everyones mind. After all, if he was all that and a bag of chips, Cleveland wouldnt have moved up in the draft to go after Hardesty.

On the other hand Caddy is the no doubt starter in the backfield for a team that, like cleveland will struggle on offense.

besides which I "get" the fun of cheering for a player on a team you legit like in the real world.

...now who drafted LT again...hmmmm

All true, though mitigated somewhat by the fact that Hardesty's hurt, and hadn't even practiced until something like two days ago. Harrison may have just come on strong last year, but he was really fantastic in those games, so the issue is likely to be playing time over performance.

With Williams, however, both are issues; he has a ton of trouble staying on the field, and even when he does he routinely averages less than 4.0 YPC. And while he's a clear #1 now, it looked like a clear time-share last year, so I don't know if I trust him to hang onto that role even if he can stay healthy and produce. To my mind, what we got from him last year represents pretty much the absolute best-case scenario, and it wasn't that great.

Both guys have their concerns, to be sure, but I'd take Harrison in a heartbeat. Especially in a PPR, where he could easily catch twice as many passes as Williams.