HOF Organization Thread

Tools    

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I would like to do an Oscar HOF of some sort, starting early December.
That sounds fun. I am just worried how many will be movies that I already know I don't care for (and there are a lot of Best Picture winners that I just don't like - assuming you'd go with the theme of Best Picture winner).

I've seen like 78/90 of the Best Pic winners BUT...I haven't seen most in years and years, so for me it would be like a first time watch.
If my calculations are correct, I think I am somewhere around the same number as you for the ones that I have seen.

A few of the winners couldn't be nominated a second time, and a few of them couldn't be nominated for length of time. If this is a serious idea, then I will have to look into it and see what I would nominate (I already have an idea of what it could be because I wanted to nominate the film for a general HoF).

If my calculations are correct, I think I am somewhere around the same number as you for the ones that I have seen.
If your lists are up to date then your Best Pictures one will tell you - https://www.movieforums.com/lists/be...ers/87364.html

It says 51/90 but that might not be up to date.

I've seen like 78/90 of the Best Pic winners BUT...I haven't seen most in years and years, so for me it would be like a first time watch.
I checked the Best Picture list and it's 70/90.

That sounds fun. I am just worried how many will be movies that I already know I don't care for (and there are a lot of Best Picture winners that I just don't like - assuming you'd go with the theme of Best Picture winner).
It pretty sure if someone has seen a nom they won't need to watch it again, that's up to Raul of course.

If your lists are up to date then your Best Pictures one will tell you - https://www.movieforums.com/lists/be...ers/87364.html

It says 51/90 but that might not be up to date.
Thanks for that. You know what? I have definitely seen more than 51. Don't the films that you mark off as having seen on a list appear on various other lists? I never marked off any films on a Best Picture list. So I should just go ahead and update that.

What I did was look up a list of Best Picture winners and tried counting them as I was scrolling through them. And I know I probably didn't count everyone accurately. So to do it this way, it will be much more correct.

Again, thanks for reminding me that I could do this.

I checked the Best Picture list and it's 70/90.

It pretty sure if someone has seen a nom they won't need to watch it again, that's up to Raul of course.
But you know me! I will end up watching it no matter what! If I don't, I won't feel like I am being a full participant (unless, of course, it is a film that I have seen REALLY recently).

As a quick little note, I have updated the list, and I have seen 77 of the 90 Best Picture winners.

And that is why it was better to do it this way than just scrolling through the names like I did before. I ended up with 6 more movies than I think I originally counted. Obviously this is a much more accurate way to do it!

I would be interested in a Best Picture Hof. I've only seen 15/90 so I think a lot of noms will probably be new to me

Thanks for that. You know what? I have definitely seen more than 51. Don't the films that you mark off as having seen on a list appear on various other lists?
No problem and yes. For example if you cross Gladiator off the MoFo 100 list it will automatically cross it off the Millennium list and Best Pictures Winners list for you. Some of them are on loads of lists but some like Moonlight are only on one so you'd only get it accurate by going through each list.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
An Oscars HoF would be great, I would be in for that!

Also, we're drawing close to me posting a thread for the 70's HoF. The current HoF seems to be going at a steady pace while at the same time I don't want to slow it down so I may put it up near the end of the week, like Thursday 29. with time to consider and send in Noms and, of course do the "Who nominated What?" came before officially getting it off the ground.
I also saw the October Horror Challenge and hopefully I don't intrude on that as well.
So, if I should wait a little more or just go for it, PLEASE let know. These ARE for fun and rushing them is never a good thing.

@edarsenal

Do it on the 29th Most folks are close to being done with the 14th Hof. And it won't interfere with a Horror Challenge as most participants there probably won't be joining the 70s Hof.

I'm ready for it

@edarsenal

Do it on the 29th Most folks are close to being done with the 14th Hof. And it won't interfere with a Horror Challenge as most participants there probably won't be joining the 70s Hof.

I'm ready for it
That, very well, may be the plan. Thanks for the input, CR!!

An Oscars HoF would be great, I would be in for that!

Also, we're drawing close to me posting a thread for the 70's HoF. The current HoF seems to be going at a steady pace while at the same time I don't want to slow it down so I may put it up near the end of the week, like Thursday 29. with time to consider and send in Noms and, of course do the "Who nominated What?" came before officially getting it off the ground.
I also saw the October Horror Challenge and hopefully I don't intrude on that as well.
So, if I should wait a little more or just go for it, PLEASE let know. These ARE for fun and rushing them is never a good thing.
29th sounds like a good date. I should be finished with the 14th HoF by then and although I'm doing the Horror Challenge its not a commitment thing so it doesn't matter if I don't finish that.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Absolutely not, sorry for starting that before your HoF i didn't even think. It's just an October thing that's going to happen anyway and i think very few of the members would consider joining Hall of Fames anyway.

Absolutely not, sorry for starting that before your HoF i didn't even think. It's just an October thing that's going to happen anyway and i think very few of the members would consider joining Hall of Fames anyway.
Don't EVEN think that way, Camo a Horror Challenge is IDEAL for October and when I saw the parameters I sincerely wished I was into Horror flicks. It's a really great setup and looks like all kinds of fun, so it's all good.
I'll probably be shadowing that one just to see what's seen.

Don't EVEN think that way, Camo a Horror Challenge is IDEAL for October and when I saw the parameters I sincerely wished I was into Horror flicks. It's a really great setup and looks like all kinds of fun, so it's all good.
I'll probably be shadowing that one just to see what's seen.
I was thinking the same thing. We should think about how we could use the concept with another genre. Or maybe not even a genre, a time period or style could work too. It looks like fun, I just know I am not watching 30 horror flicks in a month.

I was thinking the same thing. We should think about how we could use the concept with another genre. Or maybe not even a genre, a time period or style could work too. It looks like fun, I just know I am not watching 30 horror flicks in a month.
We should do it for whatever the next Countdown is. There's usually something inbetween decades so Citizens 30's one is after that i believe, whichever genre or whatever we decide we should do it for that.

Ed sent me the info and still took me over a week to update winners for the 14th. Anyone interested in taking over the organization of this PM me. I don't know if it is possible but I will see if Yoda can make it possible to change who can edit those posts.

Ed sent me the info and still took me over a week to update winners for the 14th. Anyone interested in taking over the organization of this PM me. I don't know if it is possible but I will see if Yoda can make it possible to change who can edit those posts.
I'd like to do it PM sent.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'd like to do it PM sent.
Is the 15th coming soon or are we waiting a bit.

Would be nice to see @seanc participate in the next one, mainly because he is the man.