MoFos - Identify Your Gender!

Tools    

When I was young, I thought the Village People were macho (I mean, they had a song about being such).
So I'd listen to their music while exercising. My older brother bought me a couple of their albums - probably because he thought it was funny that I didn't seem to get it.

I'm Anthony, a Frenchman in France.
This idea goes back to other sites. It's more than just a "getting to know you" idea...

Have you ever been surprised that a person you've been communicating with is not the gender you thought they were (or that their avatar projects)?

Do you communicate with males / females (or "other") differently? Would you perhaps be a little less harsh, less profane or more polite if you knew the gender of the person you're addressing (or disagreeing with) from the start?
You'd be surprised at some of the answers.

What's your gender? Care to share?

- I'm a man;

- I'm so bad at guessing gender and appearance online...
A few years ago, on Facebook, I met a Pakistanese guy, I befriended him - then he told me he was a woman...
I was disappointed: I wanted another male friend online. I already had many female friends online...

- I communicate the same way with any gender.

The truth is in here
Man.
I don't know if I speak with men and women differently, I know I speak a little differently depending on which friend. With some I'm not afraid to say anything, while with others I won't just say anything.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Man.
I don't know if I speak with men and women differently, I know I speak a little differently depending on which friend. With some I'm not afraid to say anything, while with others I won't just say anything.

Exactly. I just treat people as individuals.

As for gender, I have no idea why it's important to know on the net. I get called a man by young teens all the time and I couldnt care less unless they TELL me that I'm not a woman. I find it hilarious and tell them I missed the memo. Or one went off his head because he thought I was a guy but my phrasing was 'feminine,
whatever that is, so he decided I was a gay man and started abusing me via PM.
Wooooooooooooooooooooo. Call 911!