Movie Career Interest

Tools    

What I hear, performing on stage helps an Artist to fine tune their craft. I read that, mind you!

What I hear, performing on stage helps an Artist to fine tune their craft. I read that, mind you!
I have heard that as well and I also herad it to be the hardest of the crafts. I have been in a few of my High School Stage Shows and found it quite exhausting with the rehearsals and then the performances. The commercial that I was in that I actually remember most of the going on in it was quite easy and went very professionally for a 14 year old. I remember the actress I was working with was very helpful in getting me prepared and using my emotions. The commercial was a Tampax commercial with a mom and daughter. My 1st commercial was the age of 5 and I don't really remember much other than playing with 2 other kids and the product. But the commercial experience was a lot easier than my stage experience.

You know for most actors that is the way it is. You go to a lot of auditions and you are lucky to get one of the jobs. I certainly am not expecting to go out there and get a supporting or even Feature role in any film. If I get a job as the secretary in an office or the girl in high school who is friends with the friends of the main lead and has like one or two lines. That is how you get exposure. If you look at most actors there starts came from either being in commercials, Soap Operas and if they were lucky enough on a regular T.V. show. If an actor went right to Big Screen it is extremely rare that they come out with a major or even supporting role. Even Dakota Fanning who most would think got a huge break starring next to Sean Penn and Michelle Phfiffer was in a film as the girl in the playground in Tomcats. Everyone starts starts somewhere and like most jobs actors start at the bottom and work themselves up. That is the way I am approaching it.
In terms of acting (for you personally)

A lot of its luck in that respect as you said. I believe Robert Pattinson (nobody at the time) was in California looking for acting work. He was going from audition to audition with little success and then auditioned for Twilight, he garnered Kristen approval basically because he's a beautiful person, got the role and now 2 years later, I believe he sits in phobes power list as one of the most influential people in the world.

My point being if and when your in California, keep plugging and maybe youl get lucky. The chance of you going from our buddy Juno on MoFo to superstar in two years is heavily unlikely, but if your out there always working on a slightly larger project each 'next job' and building your portfolio.
-----------
My only objection to the term 'know' someone is that for me it implies you should stop in your tracks if you don't have that little head start others might. If you go out to California, throw your resume around, get a little work and take it from there, youl 'know' more people than you can count to before you know it.

Robert Pattison also was Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter films up to The Goblet Of Fire where he gets killed so he wasn't a nobody, but I understand what you are saying. The Harry Potter films are filmed in England and that is different from being well know and working in Hollywood.

I definitely don't plan on coming on MoFo in two years and telling everyone that I am in a Big Screen picture, but I am going to be a persistent MFer. I may be small, but people will get to know me. I am hoping by the end of this school year I can be hooked up with a Hollywood agent that will take me on as I had my local agent here pass my portfolio around to some people he knows out there and then head out there finish my last year of school either being in a new school or being home schooled by my mom. Then I will put myself out there to casting calls I feel and my agent feels would be good choices.

No better plan than that really. No such thing as DIY acting without an agent.

No better plan than that really. No such thing as DIY acting without an agent.
I have an agent for this area. He is the one that has been my agent since the age of 4. He is just a local agent to where I live right now. He and I have gotten a portfolio together of my photos and the few projects I have done here locally and he shipped that off to several Hollywood agents that he knows from the business.

I have an agent for this area. He is the one that has been my agent since the age of 4. He is just a local agent to where I live right now. He and I have gotten a portfolio together of my photos and the few projects I have done here locally and he shipped that off to several Hollywood agents that he knows from the business.
Based on the 3 images you posted on the picture thread, your portfolio is awesome .

Based on the 3 images you posted on the picture thread, your portfolio is awesome .
Thank you and that was only a small sample of what was in there. I am hoping it attracts some interest.

Have you ever thought about doing some work with indie filmmakers also?

Im sure it would be unpaid work and some indie productions can be a complete joke these days (group of buddies and few cameras). But if you go to some local drama theatres and schools and put your name down as an actress looking for work, you could get a few credits to add to your portfolio.

I know the first indie I worked on sourced all its talent from the local drama theatre.
------
Hmmm this topic has a had a good life. , glad I started it.

Yes I have thought of doing that. My schooling gets in the way of projects that are substantial and take a lot of time, but definitely in the near future like when I move out to Cali next year I am going to get my name out all over the place. I imagine some of the agents out west have gotten my portfolio and I am nervously waiting to see if they contact my local agent here or even me.

sounds great, I'm sure they'll think a lot of you and that big warm smile .

If you really are prepared to go all out once you finish education I see no reason why you couldn't climb the ladder quicker than others.
--------
Out of interest, is anyone at film school? Id love to hear whats that like, waste of time? waste of money? etc.

sounds great, I'm sure they'll think a lot of you and that big warm smile .

If you really are prepared to go all out once you finish education I see no reason why you couldn't climb the ladder quicker than others.
--------
Out of interest, is anyone at film school? Id love to hear whats that like, waste of time? waste of money? etc.
All my friends say what is going to get me to the top is my smile.

Thank You, I am going to go all out even as earlier as my Senior Year. My mom is already looking at schools in the area and if they don't work then mom is ready to homeschool me with some tutors.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hollywood isn't starved for a good story, they are starved for a marketable one.

Suspect's Reviews

If your moms prepared to help you make it work then I think thats a bloody good sign. All the young sensations, Ksetw, Mulligan, Fanning, Page had supportive parents. At the tender teen stage of your life it really helps.

Hollywood isn't starved for a good story, they are starved for a marketable one.
Surely a good story is marketable?

If your moms prepared to help you make it work then I think thats a bloody good sign. All the young sensations, Ksetw, Mulligan, Fanning, Page had supportive parents. At the tender teen stage of your life it really helps.

Surely a good story is marketable?
My family has been supportive of my dreams as long as I can remember. From taking me all over to beauty pageants to auditions, etc.. My mom is my Manager and all affairs concerning me are talked through my mom, me and my agent. There has never been anything I have gone into that I didn't want to go into at 110%.

My family has been supportive of my dreams as long as I can remember. From taking me all over to beauty pageants to auditions, etc.. My mom is my Manager and all affairs concerning me are talked through my mom, me and my agent. There has never been anything I have gone into that I didn't want to go into at 110%.
Your very lucky. As far as I can tell, you have a hell of a lot of variables going for you. Luck has such a prominent part in all this, so for the rest you can but try and improve your luck, in a weird way, I believe you can in many cases make your own luck.

Once again you'l have to keep us updated on all the baby steps, will be fascinating to see how you get on over there. I hope for the best.

----

What are you working on next UsualSuspects?

Your very lucky. As far as I can tell, you have a hell of a lot of variables going for you. Luck has such a prominent part in all this, so for the rest you can but try and improve your luck, in a weird way, I believe you can in many cases make your own luck.

Once again you'l have to keep us updated on all the baby steps, will be fascinating to see how you get on over there. I hope for the best.

----

What are you working on next UsualSuspects?
I do feel really lucky to have such a great family including my Dad who I don't mention , but there has been many of times he was up bright and early in the morning driving me to pageants and shoots. And my two big sisters who have always told me to go for it. I love them all. This is beginning to sound like an acceptance speach.

I wish these felt like baby steps , but they feel like more gigantic steps and it is very scary, but at the same time very exciting for me. I will surely keep everyone updated on how this goes.

I do feel really lucky to have such a great family including my Dad who I don't mention , but there has been many of times he was up bright and early in the morning driving me to pageants and shoots. And my two big sisters who have always told me to go for it. I love them all. This is beginning to sound like an acceptance speach.

I wish these felt like baby steps , but they feel like more gigantic steps and it is very scary, but at the same time very exciting for me. I will surely keep everyone updated on how this goes.
haha maybe one day

Oh, by baby steps I just mean all the small details and developments..... as apposed to randomly coming on in 5 years time and being like "well guys, I booked it, Transformers 5 is a GO".

haha maybe one day

Oh, by baby steps I just mean all the small details and developments..... as apposed to randomly coming on in 5 years time and being like "well guys, I booked it, Transformers 5 is a GO".
Hahahaha, Maybe I will become thenext Megan Fox, except she is a lot prettier than me. Actually she is probably one the most prettiest people on this earth.