CiCi's Top Ten Horror Finales!

Tools    

Finally another one i've seen. Love TCM and i agree the chase is easily the best part of the film it is just so exhilarating and i love Leatherface spinning around when she gets away . I didn't even hate the remake because i liked that chase too, the original is a lot better though obviously.

Btw i was going to watch Suspiria last night i had it ready but just when i was about to press play i realized i was way too tired to watch it all. I'm going to try again when it gets dark later, hopefully i'm not tired again haha.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Finally another one i've seen. Love TCM and i agree the chase is easily the best part of the film it is just so exhilarating and i love Leatherface spinning around when she gets away . I didn't even hate the remake because i liked that chase too, the original is a lot better though obviously.

Btw i was going to watch Suspiria last night i had it ready but just when i was about to press play i realized i was way too tired to watch it all. I'm going to try again when it gets dark later, hopefully i'm not tired again haha.
it's been a few months since I've seen it myself so I might watch it again I hope you like it though, just be warned that the English dub takes a little bit of getting used to with the minor characters, but all of the main characters are fine because the actresses actually voice them in English.

I agree about TCM, I thought it was a little bit hit and miss up until that point, which was simply brilliant! Marilyn Burns is probably one of the best screamers horror's managed to get hold of as well.

Yeah before i put it on i checked what language it was in because i think a few Argento films are in English and apparently it features English, Italian, German, Russian and Latin

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Well, it's set in Germany so some street signs are in German and a taxi driver speaks it too, it was dubbed in English and Italian, although on top of those, a few of the actors were from other European countries, I think.
Jessica Harper even said that because sound wasn't recorded on set, and because it was being dubbed in several languages anyway, the actors would speak their mother tongue and just pretend that they understood each other because they had a good idea of what they were saying anyway

A lot of the signs at the school are in Latin, Suspiria is Latin for 'sigh' I think, actually.

No idea where the Russian comes from, though

I have to return some videotapes...
TCM is so damn good and the ending with Leatherface running is a classic shot in horror history.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Tongo and Cricket predicted correctly, sort of!

CARRIE THE REMAKE

Just kidding

4. Carrie (1976)

Stephen King's debut novel (that was published under his real name) was adapted by Brian De Palma in effective style, aided hugely by Sissy Spacek, and her on screen mother, the religiously fanatical Piper Laurie. Both deservedly secured Oscar nominations for their role and their eventual fight is strange, perplexing, violent but shockingly captivating at the same time!

And then who could forget the scene with the hand at the very end?

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
The last 15 minutes or whatever are very good but i've never liked the whole film all that much if i'm honest. Think it is my mums favourite horror film.
Weirdly, it's Mama CiCi's favourite horror film as well

Master of My Domain
Carrie is great. Thanks for posting a good horror film.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
3. The Thing (1982)

(Thanks to Suspect for unintentionally reminding me to post in here!)
Sometimes simplicity can evoke terror just as effectively, as this scene demonstrates! I had a couple of issues with how unclear Carpenter was throughout the whole thing, but it worked magnificently when it mattered most. You want to think it's all over, but that uncertainty leaves a small fragment of you believing that the worst has yet to come for Mr Russell.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
2. Let the Right One In (2008)

Could be a bit polarising, but, to me, this is the best vampire film to have ever been made, as well as one of the best horrors. It's melancholic, violent, taboo, but amidst it all it never fails to be bittersweet and shockingly beautiful and emotive. All of this is perfectly epitomised in the final 10 minutes, where the bullies who Oskar stood up to plot to kill him via drowning. But the enigmatic 'girl' with whom he falls in love, comes to his rescue to bring the film to a fittingly uplifting, and unforgettable, ending.

Master of My Domain
The Thing is really the thing ya know, there's something magical about all of its thingy.

I have to return some videotapes...
The Thing has a perfect ending, without it I don't think I would have loved the film as much. I don't mind the ending to the prequel either.