Suspiria remake

Tools    

Totally agree with you there. If they just wouldn;t call it Suspiria I guess is my point. I have no bones with close work to an original past source. Same thing with Ghostbusters. If they had just called it by a different name instead of trying to forge a replacement. But with Suspiria, the proof will def be in the pudding. Now I may watch it. Damnit, Swan, stop influencing me!
You brought up some very good points and was just trying to unravel them! Thinking out loud, I guess. Glad you joined the convo Joel.

Plus, Call Me By Your Name is basically about a pedophile pursuing a confused teenager, so... yeah. Not a fan of this director.
Hardly... a 17 year old, who clearly knew what he wanted, in a relationship with a 24 year old. Not paedophilia in the slightest.

Hardly... a 17 year old, who clearly knew what he wanted, in a relationship with a 24 year old. Not paedophilia in the slightest.
Was Armie Hammer supposed to be 24? Jesus, he was supposed to be younger than me! It is a bit creepy but the age of consent is 16 or 17 in Italy so it was legal.

I went on a hell of a journey with the original Suspiria, it was a strange unforgettable viewing experience and I am a big big fan.. I can't wait for this reimagining, like what I'm hearing!

Was Armie Hammer supposed to be 24? Jesus, he was supposed to be younger than me! It is a bit creepy but the age of consent is 16 or 17 in Italy so it was legal
He was indeed suppose to be around that age.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Early reviews are quite split it seems.

One review hails it as superior to the original.
One calls it pretentious and passionless.

So it looks like it's gonna be Mother esque polarising most reviews seem to tilt favourably though.

Sequels and prequels also seem likely should it be a success at the box office. There are apparently already talks of Inferno and The Third Mother being remade. Future films following Susie and Helena Markos are also in discussion.

Speaking of Mother I would say actually someone like Aronofsky or Refn would have been a much better choice, Guadagnino to me isn't nearly interesting enough visually(no supprise at all he worked with James Merchant, his work reminds me very much of Merchant Ivory style films, tasteful but not especially distinctive) to bring interest to a remake of a film that was always about atmosphere, the story was a fairly standard cliched euro horror cheese to hang that style on.

Not sure where this will fit into the actual movie, but damn it's a beautiful song.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/a...ia-1202960972/

"The Estate of Ana Mendieta sued Amazon Studios on Thursday, alleging that the film “Suspiria” borrows from the late artist’s work.

The suit alleges that the film and the trailer used images that were derived from two of Mendieta’s pieces from the 1970s, “Rape Scene” and “Untitled (Silueta Series, Mexico).” Director Luca Guadagnino has given interviews in which he said he was inspired by Mendieta’s work. In one interview, he said he wanted to remake the original “Suspiria” because it was “soaked in the ideas of feminist art.”

According to the lawsuit, her estate is managed by her sister, Raquelin Mendieta, and her niece, Raquel Cecilia Mendieta. The estate allows her work to be reproduced for scholarly purposes, but not for commercial use.

The suit alleges that the “Suspiria” trailer, which was released in June, contained two images that were derived from Mendieta’s work. One image showed a woman’s hands bound with rope across a white table, which was alleged to be derived from “Rape Scene.” The second showed a silhouette of a body on a sheet, which the estate claimed was based on “Silueta Series.”

The estate sent a cease and desist letter to Amazon in July. In late August, Amazon dropped a second trailer that did not contain the images. The studio screened the film for the estate’s agent in early September, after it premiered at the Venice Film Festival.

According to the suit, the two images had been removed from the film, but the agent flagged eight others that also bore similarities to Mendieta’s work.

The estate is seeking damages and a restraining order to bar Amazon from using the infringing images. The suit was filed in federal court in Seattle.

Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

I think I will boycott this. I don't like how evil it looks, and I don't like that they ripped off The Neon Demon's music. I also don't like how they're cashing out on the Suspiria name, and I never liked Suspiria to begin with.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
This is a bit of a shock....Tilda Swinton actually has two roles in the film!
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/12/enter...ntl/index.html

She's not just playing Madame Blanc, but she also is playing an 82-year old man, using the pseudonym Lutz Ebersdorf, playing Dr. Josef Klemperer

This is a bit of a shock....Tilda Swinton actually has two roles in the film!
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/12/enter...ntl/index.html

She's not just playing Madame Blanc, but she also is playing an 82-year old man, using the pseudonym Lutz Ebersdorf, playing Dr. Josef Klemperer
And THAT'S why I love special fx makeup. Wow.

I heard that Tilda Swinton was playing two roles where one was an old man while they were filming it. There were behind the scenes photos of her as the male character back in march last year... why is this suddenly in the news like it was some big secret...

This is a bit of a shock....Tilda Swinton actually has two roles in the film. She's not just playing Madame Blanc, but she also is playing an 82-year old man, using the pseudonym Lutz Ebersdorf, playing Dr. Josef Klemperer
WARNING: spoilers below
Tilda actually has 3 roles in the film. She also plays Madame Marcos.

I heard that Tilda Swinton was playing two roles where one was an old man while they were filming it. There were behind the scenes photos of her as the male character back in march last year... why is this suddenly in the news like it was some big secret...
WARNING: spoilers below
See above comment. She has 3 roles. I was amazed by how well the old German fellow played his role & was surprised I did not know who he was. Gobsmacked to find out it was Tilda Swinton. What a feat of acting. Amazing.