LGBT Rights Thread!

Tools    

I've no problem with polygamy in our society as it currently is. I can't see the point of marriage for myself, let alone multiple wives, but for those who desire this, I've yet to see the harm.

Comparing beastiality or paedophilla to either is ridiculous, though, as both polygamy and gay marriage/sex are between consenting adults. Neither children (under the age of consent) or animals can give this.

I've no problem with polygamy in our society as it currently is. I can't see the point of marriage for myself, let alone multiple wives, but for those who desire this, I've yet to see the harm.

Comparing beastiality or paedophilla to either is ridiculous, though, as both polygamy and gay marriage/sex are between consenting adults. Neither children (under the age of consent) or animals can give this.
I have to agree with this. (I'm late to the conversation and haven't read all the recent posts.)

My only issue with "gay marriage" is this claim that it's all about "equal" rights.
More accurately it's about a "special right" created specifically for and limited only to homosexuals. Let's call it what it is rather than try to put a PC gloss on it by calling it what it isn't (and marriage will never be an "equal" right until all consenting adults have access to it).

"Marriage" in it's traditional definition is a set of restrictions (based on laws derived from cultural mores & norms) - and there's nothing "equal" about a bunch of restrictions.

Those restrictions are (or were):
1. Consent
2. Age (which varies by a couple years from state to state)
3. Gender
4. Relationship (i.e. blood-relation, but degrees of separation beyond immediate family vary)
5. Quantity

The problem is most of the same people calling for "equal" rights want those rights only for homosexuals, but not for any other consenting adults - with what might be considered an alternate lifestyle - who might want their relationship(s) classified as "married".

There's no argument that restrictions 1 & 2 will stand for very obvious reasons that don't need to be explained. (Age of consent may vary from state to state, but no one's calling for children to marry adults or each other.)

So I don't understand when people call for equal rights for gays to marry (eliminating restriction #3), but are opposed to eliminating restrictions #4 &5 as long as everyone involved are consenting adults.
Equal is only equal if it applies to all consenting adults across the board.

Lol.
Sounds like a fcuckin free for all in here.
Time someone took control and stomped a few arses.

Lol.
Sounds like a fcuckin free for all in here.
Time someone took control and stomped a few arses.
This is a "F—in free for all" ???

Have you been to any other forum board ever? This is heavenly compared to some other arguments I've witnessed, ones that were over much more frivolous things to boot.

This is a "F—in free for all" ???

Have you been to any other forum board ever? This is heavenly compared to some other arguments I've witnessed, ones that were over much more frivolous things to boot.
I was talking about the subject matter not the posters.