$50,000 online SHORT Films contest

Tools    

Robert De Niro, in association with Amazon.com, is inviting aspiring filmmakers to enter their short films in a new online contest, offering $50,000 to the winner to help finance future movies.

The final entry deadline is April 13, 2005.

The films must be between two and seven minutes in length, and should be appropriate for a general audience. The films will be made available for viewing on Amazon's web site. Amazon customers will be the judges. Anyone with an Amazon customer account may view and judge the films, which will be presented on a random basis during the first round of competition. After viewing a film, the customer will be asked to give it a rating of 1 to 5 stars and will be invited to comment on it as well. The five eligible films that receive the highest ratings will proceed to the second round of competition, which will last five weeks. During this round, each of the five films will be featured on the Amazon welcome page for a week, and customers will be invited to view and rate any or all of them, as they choose.

The top five will then be shown at the Tribeca Cinemas in New York and run over four weeks on the Amazon.com Web site. The winner, to be announced in June, will receive a $50,000 pre-paid American Express card to finance future films.

For more information click HERE

Neutral Milk Hotel
Thanks for the Info Ill defintly look into that
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Randomly visiting for now
Sounds awesome! I've got something I could enter that I helped make for a friends Filmaking TAFE course. I'd better check out if there are any entry requirements or a limit on entrees before I get too excited but definately would be fun. Thanks Movie Fr3ak

Hi! I'm new here! I just want to know if it's open for everyone?