New review website.

Tools    

Greetings all! I have been working pretty hard on putting up a movie review website and would love to hear some feedback from fellow movie buffs. If you have a few minutes I'd appreciate it if you could check it out and either post a message here, drop me a line, or sign the guestbook. I am looking for any and all comments, be they good or bad.

Thanks for your help!

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~s8mosey

MightyMose, there's a new gangster movie out--maybe in limited release--with Ben Kingsley in it . . . I forgot the title

But I read a review of it and it looks promising.

I forgot the title too! but I heard its very good, Gandhi pees onscreen. Oh wait, Pigsnie just told me it is called Sexy BEAST!! and that is the best movie of the year. HES Seen it and He didnt take ME!!!!! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

I absolutely love Gangster flicks, but unfortunately live in a backwards town that rarely plays anything that doesn't get an extemely wide release... heck, we just got Memento this week... I bet I will end up waiting until it comes out on video, poor me.

Well I have fixed everything on the site so that it should be viewable in all browsers... would love some input on the new design. Hopefully I can actually start writing some reviews instead of redesigning the site all the time

I like your site...Any plan on making top ten lists for earlier years?

I've thought about it... if it's something people would be interested in I'll put it up. Right now I am more concerned with actually writing reviews. I just revamped the entire site and it took me about a week. If you look at the recently watched movie page you will see that I have watched quite a few movies that I need to get up... all work and no play makes John a dull boy

I have revamped the site once again... surprise, surprise. I had a logo created and it really just looked funny in the old style. I would love it if everyone could take a look and give me some feedback. I am looking for positives, negatives... just about anything you guys can help me with. Do you like the background, the logo, navigation, etc?

It is not completely finished yet... but if you click on this link you can get an idea of what everything will look like. I wanted to get some feedback before I spent all that time switching the entire site over.

Thanks for your help!

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~s8mosey/menu9.html

Just found out the server is going to be down for awhile (July 2nd)... but should be back up after noon EST. Sorry about the inconvenience

Way COOL! Much better than the old format, looks like linen. but I dont sees my name anywhere!!!! :bawl:

Well I finally have the new design all set and up. I haven't been able to change over all of the individual films yet, but the Almost Famous one should be all set if you want to get an idea of what the movie pages will look like. I would love some feedback on the new logo and the design or whether there are any features you would like to see added.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry to bother everyone again... but the wife wanted to work on the site like back in the day so I revamped the format. If you have time I'd love some feedback. Just check out any of the new reviews.

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~s8mosey

Thanks!

I've got to learn how to make a decent website.

FilmDallas looks pretty sweet, IMO. It's simple, and very effective. That's one you should definitely be proud of. If you want to improve, though, I'd be glad to help out. I sure could've used more people guiding me alone when I started! I had help, of course, but I know now that it's pretty hard to have too much of it.

Bratta rules! I would be lost without him. I don't have the time, or really the inclination to learn DHTML the way I want to, so it's fantastic that people like him are generous enough to lend their talents to two-bit hack web designers such as myself.

I love to help other people out with their sites... almost as much as I love having people help me with mine. I always think of it from the perspective that I put the site out for other people. If they don't find it attractive or enjoyable then it's really a waste of time. It's nice to get feedback from people, though it can be difficult to elicit. That's why forums like this are a fun place to visit.

Wow PLite... I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that someone signed the guestbook! Thank you very much for the kind words.

In regards to "Bridget"... I think you actually asked me about that when I first signed onto this board about 6 months ago. I noticed that it's coming out on DVD October 9th. I have now read the book and will be sure to put a review up just for you as soon as I pick it up from the store. Of course, that might not be until the week after it is released b/c of some screwball exec who thought it would be a good idea to release it alongside The Godfather box set... but I shall do my best

I don't dislike FilmDallas.com. It's just possibly too simplistic, and it really doesn't seem professional to me (probably because it isn't professional). It gets the job done, but it's not as good as I would like it to be.

I don't really have the time to worry about it right now, but I may take you up on your offers of help at some point in the not-too-distant future. That is if you guys are too big time for me by then.

You're the ace movie-maker... I'm sure you'll be too big for us long before you have to worry about us not having time for the peasants

Ace Moviemaker. I like that. I'm going to steal that for my business cards (I put 'Big Kahuna' on the last ones).

And I doubt I'll ever be big enough to were I can start forgetting people. And even if I did become big, I'd want to come by here and let everybody fawn all over me (ha, ha), except Steve N, of course, who would just tell me how much better Kubrick was than I am (which will be true, by the way).