Train To Busan

→ in
Tools    

With todays zombie movies being made like every other minute, it's so hard to make a zombie movie with that's character driven, original, and great story, or else it would just fall into the same thing that we see all the time. Leave it to korean cinema (which i believe korean thrillers are one of the best) to make a great zombie film. I just saw it last night and enjoyed it so much, the story is great, you actually care about the characters, and it sets a tense creepy atmosphere throughout the movie instead of just relying guts and gore (which it still has) it kind of reminded me of chris evans Snowpiercer, since they're on a train trying to survive, but here they actually get off a few times. The Zombies themselves are a little different as well their bones crack and they twitch a lot, their eyes are white, and the sounds they make are a little creepy, they also seem to pile up on each other, kind of like the zombies in world war z, but not to an excess, overall i enjoyed it a lot and would definitely recommend it

10/10

Saw it last weekend, loved it too.
****SPOILERS***** That stupid coward guy pissed me off so much! I can't believe he got away with so much until the very end, even taking out the main guy, he pissed me off so much

The opening scene was mind blowing. The characters are interesting and well developed. Amazing sequences. Loved the movie.

Not a big fan of Zombie movies thanks for your review

I was also reminded of snowpiercer and world war z but it was better than both of those put together. I'm not big into animated films but did you know there is an animated prequel seoul station set one day before the events in TTB that is from the same director, it's on my list.

I was also reminded of snowpiercer and world war z but it was better than both of those put together. I'm not big into animated films but did you know there is an animated prequel seoul station set one day before the events in TTB that is from the same director, it's on my list.
Oh man i didn't know that, I'll be sure to check that out, thanks for that info

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It's on Netflix, so I'll giver her a watch soon.

Suspect's Reviews

Put a small review in the Rate The Last Movie thread...

But posting in here as well.

Damn. I've still got tears in my eyes.
What a movie... and little Kim Su-an is just fantastic throughout. What hits hardest though is the 2 finale scenes with her are absolutely gut-wrenchingly emotional. Wonderful little actress.

Must see. Absolute must see.

Glad you liked it Rodent!
Going by the replies to this thread, it's 'under-watched' and explains why it did not make the; MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies ..

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I saw the trailers but it looked bad, cause there have been so many zombies that I am sick of them, and this one looked bad cause it feels like South Korea was selling out to copy such a worn out American trope. Unless I am wrong and it actually has something new to bring to the table?

Love Train to Busan. I had read and heard good things about it and was not disappointed at all. Definately in my top 10 zombie films/horror films.
Seoul Station was also good too. The animation was very good with interesting characters, but overall the film was not as good as Train to Busan.

A bucket of anxiety
I was excited to see a Train To Buscan thread. It does tend to get a little to Western towards the end, but I would recommend it. (Also you should check out Black Summer, it's on Netflix too)

Definitely a great movie and not just a typical horror flick.

Well made movie! Very good non-verbal communication, and stays tense throughout, even during the lulls.

(Was super not a fan of the sequel, but that may just be me.)