Movies with death notification

Tools    

Daniel
This is when the military informs the wife or mother that their husband/son has died in the line of duty.

I can clearly remember 2 movies with this, A League of their own and Saving Private Ryan. I do remember a 3rd I saw on HBO back in the day. Anybody help me out?

Didn't they used to call "death notification" "notice of bereavement?"

Doesn't strictly qualify, but all I can think of is Christopher Walken's show-stealing scene in "Pulp Fiction".

During the First and Second World Wars, death notice were usually delivered by telegram. Many movies have this as a plot device, but it features particularly in The Human Comedy (1943), where Mickey Rooney portrays a teenage telegram delivery boy over the course of one year of WWII.

During the First and Second World Wars, death notice were usually delivered by telegram. Many movies have this as a plot device, but it features particularly in The Human Comedy (1943), where Mickey Rooney portrays a teenage telegram delivery boy over the course of one year of WWII.
Sounds intriguing -- I'll have to check that one out. (I've never heard of the movie before, but it's interesting that it would have come out during the war.)

Oh yeah, "Ladder 49" (albeit non-military).

Sounds intriguing -- I'll have to check that one out. (I've never heard of the movie before, but it's interesting that it would have come out during the war.)

Oh yeah, "Ladder 49" (albeit non-military).
For a relevant excerpt go to hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2PKTEgsvBQ (change hxxps to https)